VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt that a single player in our roster has shown a consistent resilience, and played to form as we have steadily declined since 2015. Singling out Milford for mine misses the real point of what has, and is happening. It's probably because we expect so much from him. I do get that. The bigger picture is what worries me a lot more than Milford's individual performances
Players have certainly declined from 2015, which was one of our best seasons in recent memory, yet were still competitive until the last game in 2018. Not singling out our spine player on a million dollars who hasn’t lived up to his potential would be missing the point of what is happening. I wish he defended as well as his fans defend him. The bigger picture is obviously worrying but Milford has also been a massive problem for us and the excuses got old a long time ago

The only thing I would say about that I believe SOS is off contract at the end of this year... so he may not even be in the plans thinking moving forward.
Yeah I'd forgot about that but maybe they will keep him as a depth signing.
[automerge]1595296479[/automerge]
But, why blood him now, when we are in deep shit, for next year when he appears to be on the whole, average, and we have 2 good halves in Dearden and Paix waiting for a shot. I'd rather focus on trying to build some combinations in the spine now, however daunting that tasks is at the moment.
Yeah I am happy to give Dearden and Paix first shot but they are likely to get towelled the way everyone is playing so there will probably be a chance to give O'sullivan a chance at some stage if we want to.

Last edited:
Pies should have Fat Tony Jnr. (FTJ) tied to a chair and forced to watch his own video highlights up until 2015 a la 'Clockwork Orange' it might just spark something deep in his psyche that rekindles his old magic.

Last edited:
Our fucking forwards need to stand up, in both attack and defence. Nothing will change until this happens. Our forwards aren't just getting dominated, they are getting absolutely arse-raped even by less fancied packs. What happened to the best pack we've had for a long time? They are getting laughed at and are just copping it.

Players have certainly declined from 2015, which was one of our best seasons in recent memory, yet were still competitive until the last game in 2018. Not singling out our spine player on a million dollars who hasn’t lived up to his potential would be missing the point of what is happening. I wish he defended as well as his fans defend him. The bigger picture is obviously worrying but Milford has also been a massive problem for us and the excuses got old a long time ago

I am in no way advocating for excuses to mitigate the personal responsibility Milford must carry, as every player must, to justify his position in our side, as well as his pay check. I am looking for reasons to explain it. I am looking for reasons to explain why Milford is but one example of an overall, escalating decline of the Broncos.

To focus on individual players, the coach, the injuries is all well and good, and relevant, and lets us vent our righteous anger and disappointment, however, without looking at the reasons why all this shit is happening runs the risk of ignoring the bigger picture which really is at the heart of our decline.

There has been, fortunately, enough good debate on here about the bigger picture, the lack of vision by the club as a whole, in planning for a future: recruitment and retention being key. And maybe it also shows that our club has placed too much emphasis over the years on letting things run on the back of star players instead of building a team as a team, like a sensible, planned mix of youth and experience.

Milford's decline is but one example of a failure of vision and will by this club and we are now seeing exactly what the consequences of that are.

I am in no way advocating for excuses to mitigate the personal responsibility Milford must carry, as every player must, to justify his position in our side, as well as his pay check. I am looking for reasons to explain it. I am looking for reasons to explain why Milford is but one example of an overall, escalating decline of the Broncos.

To focus on individual players, the coach, the injuries is all well and good, and relevant, and lets us vent our righteous anger and disappointment, however, without looking at the reasons why all this shit is happening runs the risk of ignoring the bigger picture which really is at the heart of our decline.

There has been, fortunately, enough good debate on here about the bigger picture, the lack of vision by the club as a whole, in planning for a future: recruitment and retention being key. And maybe it also shows that our club has placed too much emphasis over the years on letting things run on the back of star players instead of building a team as a team, like a sensible, planned mix of youth and experience.

Milford's decline is but one example of a failure of vision and will by this club and we are now seeing exactly what the consequences of that are.
Why can’t we direct our anger at the club as well as the guy who returns from every off season fat, is notorious for his love of McDonald’s, soft drinks and avoiding the hard stuff at training and on the field? Why can’t he just be lazy?

Why can’t we direct our anger at the club as well as the guy who returns from every off season fat, is notorious for his love of McDonald’s, soft drinks and avoiding the hard stuff at training and on the field? Why can’t he just be lazy?

I thought I said we can, and we have and continue, to vent at the club and under-performing players. All I ask for is perspective which doesn't absolve anyone from what they ought to be doing but maybe points to ways to fix the problems, if they are at all fixable.

As for Milford and Maccas, soft drinks and fitness generally, I don't know if that's true or not. All I know is that he looks pretty fit to me and certainly no less fit than anyone else in the side given their relative positions in the team. As for his laziness, yes, in defence he has been, and he is accountable for that, however more importantly is the laziness of almost every other player in this team, include stars like Haas. It's why there is overall laziness that worries me more than any single player's

Last edited:
get maddog hancock on the training field to show them that intensity. dude hated being tackled and held down.
I would love someone like him as a trainer. No disrespect to Alf but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him rip it into the team behind the line or show any passion trying to rev them up. I want to see some arm waving and yelling god dammit!

I would love someone like him as a trainer. No disrespect to Alf but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him rip it into the team behind the line or show any passion trying to rev them up. I want to see some arm waving and yelling god dammit!

Who knows what our coaching/training staff do. We certainly haven't seen any results over the last 7 weeks

Who knows what our coaching/training staff do. We certainly haven't seen any results over the last 7 weeks
True but we’ve had plenty of practice at standing behind the line after having a try scored against us.

Sad to see what could have, should have been.

He just took on the defensive line with so much speed and ran much more directly back then.

Now, he jogs, stops and props at the defensive line or constantly runs across field doing that stupid ball showing thing that fools noone (particularly as noone runs to hit a gap).

He just took on the defensive line with so much speed and ran much more directly back then.

Now, he jogs, stops and props at the defensive line or constantly runs across field doing that stupid ball showing thing that fools noone (particularly as noone runs to hit a gap).
And that's just his highlights from Canberra. What happened to that kid?

And that's just his highlights from Canberra. What happened to that kid?
we made him kick the ball more so his running ability was nerfed. apparently.

it's just desire. back then he was a kid trying to make a name and a paycheque for himself. now he's got both (kinda), so nothing left to prove.

Prediction: MILF will play out of his skin next season only because he'll be playing for a 2022+ contract. Once he gets the contract, complacency will creep in and he'll steadily decline.

Last edited:
we tried to turn him into a game managing half ... instead of allowing him to develop into a game breaking fullback

His best attributes were that of a fullback (support play, running game etc), it would have been good to see him actually want to play there in a team with split halves (so he could actually pop up on both sides) but even if the Broncos just kept that same role for him in the halves it would have still been good. He might have developed other parts of his game naturally over time. It's definitely a shame to see him turn into Kickford.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • mieko
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.