VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For mine I’m dropping Milford.

I think Milford has the higher skill ceiling but since 2015 he has been on a steady decline & that is under the coaching of both Seibold & Bennett.

Drop him now and look to shop him to other clubs from this year on. Why persist with him? Do the Milford supporters believe that he’s going to play better for less money in ‘22?

We’ve sacrificed a lot of other players for Milford’s benefit, time for Milford to face the axe.
Yes, he's been the talisman of the club's failure ever since that grand final. We've spent the entire time trying to build a team around him with zero success.

Croft to the bench, milf starts at 6 and whoever's not playing well Croft replaces. Hopefully both play well and Croft on for luke when needed, I think Croft could do a job at 9.

Yes, he's been the talisman of the club's failure ever since that grand final. We've spent the entire time trying to build a team around him with zero success.

Bit harsh. We started this year pretty well given a new team

Croft to the bench, milf starts at 6 and whoever's not playing well Croft replaces. Hopefully both play well and Croft on for luke when needed, I think Croft could do a job at 9.
Agreed

Drop Croft.
His kicking game is lacking distance and control given he has kicked out on the full a number of times.
I know Milford is below his best but I think that it is no coincidence that is due to who plays outsude him on the left and not having Fafita as a threat also.I am convinced that Boyd has had a significant influence on both Milfords and Oates drop in form. Boyd offers no threat ar all so defence is jamming Milford from outside and Oates has had limited clean ball all year

It looks to me that Milfords sideways jinking runs are the by product of a lack of shape and no one running straight lines. Get some blokes running some angles in support and the unsettled defence that results from Milfords runs can be opened up.
I would also like to see him playing either side of the ruck.

Decent point about Boyd being the turd in the punchbowl on the left. He's always been a glorified winger. I'll give him his due as an excellent fullback at the Dragons but that was a decade ago. I never rated him as a winger at the Broncos before he left, at Origin level he was made to look good by Inglis providing better service than Riley Reid. Upshot is he has no fucking clue what he's meant to be doing in the centres despite his vast experience.

I guess I’m curious to see the Milford dearden combo again. But give dearden more freedom and responsibility rather than just the link man.

Drop Milford.

As a club, the Broncos have persisted with him for 5 years, 2015-current.
Fullback and half.
Given the keys to the team.
Told to play structure, told to play eyes up footy, told to run the ball.
None of it has worked in the past 3 or so years.
Yes he was brilliant in 2015, but that is well gone now. We have all been hoping that form would one day return, but it just hasn’t, and I can’t see it returning anytime soon.
He has enjoyed being the highest paid bronco of all time, yet it looks like he has had zero accountability.
Now is the time to drop him. He has apparently been “on notice” since last years hammering at the hands of the eels. That’s long enough.
From memory the club hasn’t even put him in their leadership group and thats telling, considering there is no leadership to start with.
For mine, he has had years of opportunity, under 2 different coaches.
By dropping the highest paid player and playmaker, it will hopefully send a message to this group that no matter who you are, how much you earn or how long you’ve been around for, you need to earn your jersey by playing good consistent football.
I think Croft can deliver what we currently get out of Milford for probably 1/4 of his salary.
Considering we are yet to see Croft partnered with a different person in the halves, I can’t see why anyone can write it off just yet.

4 runs for 9 metres followed by 2 stinkers. It’s pretty obvious I think. The losses dont appear to hurt much but the big thing for me is the lack commitment in defence (he did improve here on Saturday to be fair) and for that alone milf needs time out ..

Yet here we are, once again, trying to fit the team around this one player.
In the one season he was told 'this is your team we are backing you' he went on to win our POTY award. Whether you or anyone else thinks he deserved that award, it at least indicates he was playing well enough to be considered. That season we won 60% of matches. Since then he has had to learn a new 'system' which every man and his dog now know's is completely fucked, had a positional change which was always going to be fucked, and now has to play second fiddle to a bloke who clearly cant fucking play first fiddle.

In the one season he was told 'this is your team we are backing you' he went on to win our POTY award. Whether you or anyone else thinks he deserved that award, it at least indicates he was playing well enough to be considered. That season we won 60% of matches. Since then he has had to learn a new 'system' which every man and his dog now know's is completely fucked, had a positional change which was always going to be fucked, and now has to play second fiddle to a bloke who clearly cant fucking play first fiddle.
The only problem with that pissweak attempt of an excuse is we've been watching him play week-in week-out. He's not playing second-fiddle to anyone when the ball's in his hands and he wastes it.

The only problem with that pissweak attempt of an excuse is we've been watching him play week-in week-out. He's not playing second-fiddle to anyone when the ball's in his hands and he wastes it.
He doesn’t mind running sideways, or dropping it either.

Milf has had more than enough time to earn his spot, he hasn't delivered and surely won't be getting a contract beyond next season. I'd be happy to see him dropped. I'm sure he'll kick stones then the Tigers will offer him a contract for next year that we'll pay half of.

I don't see Croft as the long-term answer but I like that he's a competitor who seems to have a lot better work ethic than Milf. That's enough to win my vote at this stage.

Drop him now and look to shop him to other clubs from this year on. Why persist with him? Do the Milford supporters believe that he’s going to play better for less money in ‘22?
This is why I voted Croft to partner Dearden.
Dearden/Croft looks scary on paper but seriously how much worse could it be then what we get from Milford (and at half the price).

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.