VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
calsy

calsy

NYC Player
Jul 4, 2020
Other than our handling errors and our slow defence.....Croft is the main problem out there.

I can't believe the vote count. WTF.....🤒

Surely you can see Milford has more class & talent is his little finger than Croft will ever have........???
Team Dearden up again with the Milf. They started to look alright until Dearden's injury.

Croft will be nothing more than an honest plodder.

Its more what Milford represents at this point. The highest paid player in Broncos history fading in and out of games, doesn't look like having a go anymore but still gets a whopping paycheck each week and is guaranteed a spot regardless.

Lets keep asking 'where's the experience' like Milford's invisible. That's the benchmark we set now, this is the guy Broncos are willing to pay more than anyone else. In retrospect they would regret the length of contract, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation. So dropping Milford is about setting an example, WE WANT BETTER.

Otherwise, If I'm a young guy I would be out of there as soon as possible. I'm not going to sit around watching my career burn up before its begun while these highly paid duds get preferential treatment, not a chance.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
100% Croft.

He actually gives 100% every game, is obviously a better trainer, and has the attitude I want in a Broncos player.

Milford is crap. Sell him off. If all we're after is a running 5/8, Staggs would be better than Milford. Get some AFL kicking coaches down to teach Staggs a spiral and that's your million dollars covered for cheaper.
****, spirals are the easiest thing in the world to kick. I'm 62 and can still kick a spiral. I'll show him!

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Milf has become a joke at this point. He is offering us nothing and I am sick of us throwing him new halfs partners to cannibalize. The guys a succubus as I said in another thread, everyone wants to blame anyone else but him because he has those only he can do moments. He has not been at 2015 levels since 2015 and even in 16 questions had been asked and eventually him and Hunt no longer had a good partnership, people seem to forget that Hunt ended up being dropped for a Kodi and Milf partnership. All the partnerships end up as duds because why?

Well those only he can do moments are to far between to even rationalize at the moment. He is not a talker and thats the problem, nobody knows what the hell he is doing out there. Nobody knows what he wants them to do. The only time Milf is good is when our go forward is on and everything is clicking. He can not control a game and is not good in a contest. That is the issue, he is not a clutch guy and never has been. He is not a million dollar player and has never been.

So instead of Croft getting the flick it is time Milf got the flick as he is out of excuses and its time to see what a halfs combo looks like without him. You never know things may just start looking like footy.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
So dropping Milford is about setting an example, WE WANT BETTER.

Surely Boyd is your daisy there......
[automerge]1594043732[/automerge]
So instead of Croft getting the flick it is time Milf got the flick as he is out of excuses and its time to see what a halfs combo looks like without him. You never know things may just start looking like footy.

Milford & Dearden .......it has worked before.

Last edited:
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Croft, even though I think Milford probably can offer more with Dearden, it's just he badly needs to be dropped to wake up, he needs to understand his career is going to end if he doesn't kick into gear.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Screenshot 2020 07 07 Chris Garry on Twitter Mind games at broncos this morning Team is traini

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Our next coach will bring the best out in Milf.
I'm honestly not sure Milford can be saved from himself anymore. It's the argument I've been making for a while now. He might have made significant improvements as a game managing Half and in particular with his kicking under Bennett, but he was still far from elite in that role, and it came at the complete expense of his running game - a running game we haven't consistently seen in quite a number of years now, when he was a vastly different and much younger player. We're not even seeing hints of that Milford anymore and now so much time has passed it's growing ever more likely that it no longer exists anymore.

All that said, I don't believe another Coach is terribly likely to be the silver bullet for Milford and in all likelihood the safest option would be to punt him and use that money far more effectively in the marketplace. However, if anyone in the game at the moment had even the slightest chance of being the Coach to turn him around, it's almost certainly Kevin Walters - so if we're likely stuck with Milford in that regard, it might be best to just be done with it and bring in the one guy with the best shot of improving Milford given there is nothing we can do to be rid of him currently.

For that reason alone I think we should bite the bullet on Walters ASAP to see if there is anything we can salvage from Milford while we still have to pay him.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I'm honestly not sure Milford can be saved from himself anymore. It's the argument I've been making for a while now. He might have made significant improvements as a game managing Half and in particular with his kicking under Bennett, but he was still far from elite in that role, and it came at the complete expense of his running game - a running game we haven't consistently seen in quite a number of years now, when he was a vastly different and much younger player. We're not even seeing hints of that Milford anymore and now so much time has passed it's growing ever more likely that it no longer exists anymore.

All that said, I don't believe another Coach is terribly likely to be the silver bullet for Milford and in all likelihood the safest option would be to punt him and use that money far more effectively in the marketplace. However, if anyone in the game at the moment had even the slightest chance of being the Coach to turn him around, it's almost certainly Kevin Walters - so if we're likely stuck with Milford in that regard, it might be best to just be done with it and bring in the one guy with the best shot of improving Milford given there is nothing we can do to be rid of him currently.

For that reason alone I think we should bite the bullet on Walters ASAP to see if there is anything we can salvage from Milford while we still have to pay him.

Yeah I know he wasn't elite in that role but in fairness to the bloke he's had one season at it and made a decent fist of it.

TheGreatCornholio7

TheGreatCornholio7

QCup Player
Jun 11, 2020
Croft is a seibold experiment and seibold wont be here past this season, and Croft has been just as shit as Milf lately.

Stick with Milf, find a coach who can get him to reclaim his 2018 POTY form.
In recent years winning a Broncos player of the year would be like giving an award for best turd in a sewer.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah I know he wasn't elite in that role but in fairness to the bloke he's had one season at it and made a decent fist of it.
The problem is now he isn't doing either job even remotely well and, yes, sure you can lay the blame for that entirely at the feet of the Coach, which in fairness is very likely to have played it's part. Before the Coach though it was the position he was playing, and before that it was his Halves partner (if Croft is now to blame, then he's just the latest to join an ever growing list of Halves Milford apparently wasn't compatible with including the likes of Hunt, Nikorima and now Croft)

I'm sorry, but he is not the first 'gun' to be Coached by a dud Coach. Plenty of great players have played for Coaches both good and bad and they've made the best of it in both circumstances and contributed far more than Milford has managed. I simply don't buy that Milford has gone totally off a cliff and that the Coach is entirely to blame. There should be some middle ground to his performances but he's gone to a level where he's now easily being outplayed by guys like his old scapegoat Nikorima and a Queensland Cup journeyman that nobody wanted like Jamal Fogarty. He even managed to make Ash Taylor look like relatively good value by comparison last week.

If Milford was honestly as good as you or any of us wanted to believe, even under a complete mug Coach he shouldn't be in the worst 2-5% of Halves in the game entirely without blame himself.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It was interesting that during White's interview last night the only player he specifically named that was not performing up to expectations was Milf.

Make of that what you may.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
The problem is now he isn't doing either job even remotely well and, yes, sure you can lay the blame for that entirely at the feet of the Coach, which in fairness is very likely to have played it's part. Before the Coach though it was the position he was playing, and before that it was his Halves partner (if Croft is now to blame, then he's just the latest to join an ever growing list of Halves Milford apparently wasn't compatible with including the likes of Hunt, Nikorima and now Croft)

I'm sorry, but he is not the first 'gun' to be Coached by a dud Coach. Plenty of great players have played for Coaches both good and bad and they've made the best of it in both circumstances and contributed far more than Milford has managed. I simply don't buy that Milford has gone totally off a cliff and that the Coach is entirely to blame. There should be some middle ground to his performances but he's gone to a level where he's now easily being outplayed by guys like his old scapegoat Nikorima and a Queensland Cup journeyman that nobody wanted like Jamal Fogarty. He even managed to make Ash Taylor look like relatively good value by comparison last week.

If Milford was honestly as good as you or any of us wanted to believe, even under a complete mug Coach he shouldn't be in the worst 2-5% of Halves in the game entirely without blame himself.
If the rest of the team was playing to their normal standard I would agree but everyone is going backwards at a similar rate to milf.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Accept
  • johnny plath
  • The Boss
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Howie
  • Skyblues87
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Spooky1013
  • LittleDavey
  • Midean
... and 70 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.