VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
When we finish the season 5/15 they will.
Where the **** are 3 more wins coming from? This weekend? No chance. If you look at the schedule, I just don't see it. On current form, they don't win again. If they improve a bit, they might sneak a game or two against an ill prepared team. They will do really well if they can avoid finishing last but they will have to lift their game by at least 40%.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Where the **** are 3 more wins coming from? This weekend? No chance. If you look at the schedule, I just don't see it. On current form, they don't win again. If they improve a bit, they might sneak a game or two against an ill prepared team. They will do really well if they can avoid finishing last but they will have to lift their game by at least 40%.

Storm, Raiders, Roosters.

Seriously I think Dragons, Titans and Cows potentially. Just in terms of probability, I doubt we will go win-less the rest of the season. Bound to fluke a few wins, those are the most likely.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Storm, Raiders, Roosters.

Seriously I think Dragons, Titans and Cows potentially. Just in terms of probability, I doubt we will go win-less the rest of the season. Bound to fluke a few wins, those are the most likely.
They won't beat StG. It'll depend on how much GC and NQ have to play for at that stage of the season but they tend to fire up against the Broncos. You're probably right, history suggests that teams don't lose 18 games in a row but the Broncos have created all sorts of history these past 33 games.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
I’m truly surprised to see so many people voted for Milford.

Are those people still trying to salvage some success from this season? Or hoping he can build a combination with Dearden this year that leads into next? If they fail to fire in a short span of time then history tells is it will be Dearden who cops the blame.

Looking from the outside the box Dearden is on a hiding to nothing, another half who will be used as a scapegoat for Milford.

His first 2 years at the club were terrific and he was rewarded with the highest contract in broncos history for that. What’s he done since? He hasn’t evolved as a player, hasn’t grown into a leader at the club, he’s gotten older, richer and none the wiser.

Those supporting Milford are still romanticised by his 2015, probably because he was the reason we finally showed some success since 2006 but look at it objectively and you’ll see what a poor investment we made. No one could have for it and we are not the first nor will we be the last club to get burnt by gambling on a player. What would be stupid is to continue gambling when the odds are so heavily against you.

I don’t know what the club can do with him but they need to stop playing him. Drop him, sell him to another club and if he carves it up there then good for him.

I don’t know if Dearden/Croft will be successful but I do know that Milford/X has been given enough chances, time for Broncos to move on.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sterlo highlighted some of the issues with Milf in his post-round wrap, he is constantly killing plays and not attacking the ball, drop him. Even though he is (should be) better than Croft ability wise, he isn't delivering. Drop him and make him earn his spot back or sook off to another club. At least Croft is trying his butt off even if he isn't good enough.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Sterlo highlighted some of the issues with Milf in his post-round wrap, he is constantly killing plays and not attacking the ball, drop him. Even though he is (should be) better than Croft ability wise, he isn't delivering. Drop him and make him earn his spot back or sook off to another club. At least Croft is trying his butt off even if he isn't good enough.
Drop some sense into him!

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Because it's a binary choice between a player who no-one has seen evidence that he's a match winner and a has-been who everyone has seen win matches a long time ago. When the choice was solely to drop Milford it came in 10:1 in favour of dumping his useless arse.

Also, it's hard to wrap your head around the reality that young Dearden, who knocked on clean from the scrumbase last week, would be an upgrade over our million dollar marquee prize.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Because it's a binary choice between a player who no-one has seen evidence that he's a match winner and a has-been who everyone has seen win matches a long time ago. When the choice was solely to drop Milford it came in 10:1 in favour of dumping his useless arse.

Also, it's hard to wrap your head around the reality that young Dearden, who knocked on clean from the scrumbase last week, would be an upgrade over our million dollar marquee prize.

He has a million dollar smile because he smiles at training, therefore that makes him good enough.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

Are those people still trying to salvage some success from this season? Or hoping he can build a combination with Dearden this year that leads into next? If they fail to fire in a short span of time then history tells is it will be Dearden who cops the blame.

Looking from the outside the box Dearden is on a hiding to nothing, another half who will be used as a scapegoat for Milford.

His first 2 years at the club were terrific and he was rewarded with the highest contract in broncos history for that. What’s he done since? He hasn’t evolved as a player, hasn’t grown into a leader at the club, he’s gotten older, richer and none the wiser.

Those supporting Milford are still romanticised by his 2015, probably because he was the reason we finally showed some success since 2006 but look at it objectively and you’ll see what a poor investment we made. No one could have for it and we are not the first nor will we be the last club to get burnt by gambling on a player. What would be stupid is to continue gambling when the odds are so heavily against you.

I don’t know what the club can do with him but they need to stop playing him. Drop him, sell him to another club and if he carves it up there then good for him.

I don’t know if Dearden/Croft will be successful but I do know that Milford/X has been given enough chances, time for Broncos to move on.

I was anticipating a landslide towards Croft but it goes to show he’s been fucking shit when it’s only 3/2 in his favour.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What about this at full-strength?

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Isaako
4. Arthars
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Luke
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Teo
13. Carrigan

14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Glenn

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Isaako
4. Arthars
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Luke
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Teo
13. Carrigan

14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Glenn
Not much of a team. A lot of youth mixed with at least three washed up veterans. Definitely not a top 8 side.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Theoretically, what would Boyds or Milly need to do to get benched or dropped?

M

Marsh

BRL Player
May 23, 2020

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Isaako
4. Arthars
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Luke
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Teo
13. Carrigan

14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Glenn
I like it the idea of giving Staggs a crack at 5/8. He showed a lot of promise playing in the halves for Tonga and I was surprised by how good his kicking game was. We won't be playing finals this year and it's highly unlikely that he'll do any worse than our current halves pairing so we've got nothing to lose. Unfortunately, I can't see Seibs making this change.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • bert_lifts
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • OXY-351
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.