VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Milford is the perfect example of a player with a fuckton of talent who has never had to put in the true hard work to be good. But talent still only gets you so far at the highest level and he just doesn't know how (or isn't willing) to put in the work to go to another level. Unlike say Cronk, who wasn't naturally talented but worked his arse off to become great. I'd rather a less naturally-talented team of hard-workers than a lazy / unsure-how-to-work-hard group every day of the week.

Milford is the perfect example of a player with a fuckton of talent who has never had to put in the true hard work to be good. But talent still only gets you so far at the highest level and he just doesn't know how (or isn't willing) to put in the work to go to another level. Unlike say Cronk, who wasn't naturally talented but worked his arse off to become great. I'd rather a less naturally-talented team of hard-workers than a lazy / unsure-how-to-work-hard group every day of the week.
He's reminding me more and more each year of Jarred Hayne.

One awesome season, almost won a Premiership, then failed to turn up consistently and then faded off into the sunset, only stopping for a brief payday at the Titans on the way.

Keary is a good example of a talented player who could’ve coasted along as a middling half, but worked really hard and is now pretty much the best player in the comp. If Milford put in half the work that he did he’d be just as good.

Keary is a good example of a talented player who could’ve coasted along as a middling half, but worked really hard and is now pretty much the best player in the comp. If Milford put in half the work that he did he’d be just as good.

I'd go so far as to say Milford would be better as he was starting from a higher baseline. I think Milf's ceiling could be higher. But personality-wise, he's just not got it, and is never going to be what he could, sadly.

To be fair, Keary had good halves partners that helped him learn and develop. Milfords halves partners have been Hunt, Nikorima, Boyd, Turpin, Dearden and Croft. That's a huge yikes.

Keary also isn’t a big eater of McDonald’s
Mmm, Macca's.

DiICu27VMAA5g5a.jpg large.jpg

It's amazing what happens when the forwards do their job.

Croft, he was a bit ordinary. He didn't really show tonight why he deserves to remain in the side over Dearden. He did try though and didn't overplay his hand too much. He did have some nice moments. I'll give him that.

Both had shockers on friday against the tigers, with same bad mistakes and poor efforts but to me its milford. Milford stood looking at the referee waiting for a penalty, while a loose ball was picked up and scored with. This is the second time, against the titans he stopped and looked at the ref appealing for a knock on that resulted in a try. For a senior player that, is unforgivable, let alone twice.

Milford's job is to spot opportunities and act on them. Croft's job is to lead the team around and create the opportunities. As much as we're lacking a platform to work off, we look absolutely clueless at even coming up with a cohesive set of 6. Dearden needs a shot, and Croft should make way, but maybe wait until after the Storm game. It'll potentially be our absolute rock bottom, Tom can come in in round 12 after the dust has settled.

Well, I haven't given up on our 22 year-old halfback but I have on Milford. I know Milford is more skillful but he just seems to be going through the motions. I think Crofty is trying his guts out and I'd take that over unmotivated talent anytime.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.