VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Well by the sounds of it neither are being dropped this week so that’ll make everyone happy!

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Theoretically, what would Boyds or Milly need to do to get benched or dropped?

Probably tear an ACL but they would still be on the bench.
The leg would have to come right off for them to be dropped but even then with prosthetics these days you never know.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Well by the sounds of it neither are being dropped this week so that’ll make everyone happy!
Croft apparently begged for another chance, so you would expect him to do something this week. As for the others, ****👃

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Croft apparently begged for another chance, so you would expect him to do something this week. As for the others, ****👃
I hope that isn’t true. Imagine choosing a team based on who begs the hardest.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
If the rest of the team was playing to their normal standard I would agree but everyone is going backwards at a similar rate to milf.
Sure, they’ve all regressed, but if Milf was as good as you thought he was, he should still Have regressed to be a middling player, instead of comfortably one of our worst/least effective. Statistically speaking he’d currently be Just about the worst Half in the competition, so if he was this supposed gun beforehand, his decline is far greater than those around him.

So which one is it? If he was a supposed gun then he’s so totally shit the bed that his decline is above the average of his team mates and therefore obviously not entirely on the Coach.

or

He was already playing at a pretty inconsistent and mediocre standard prior to Seibold and the decline to outright awful is more in line with everyone else, but also reflective of the fact he didn’t have that high a standard to fall from in the first place?

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I was anticipating a landslide towards Croft but it goes to show he’s been fucking shit when it’s only 3/2 in his favour.
Imagine having a guy who’s several years younger, has played 20% as many games, and is doing it all for a third of the money ‘only’ winning by 3/2 and thinking that was a good result for Milford.

Last edited:
S

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
Jun 8, 2017
Imagine having a guy who’s several years younger, has played 20% as many games, and is doing it all for a third of the money ‘only’ winning by 3/2 and thinking that was a good result for Milford.
It doesn't really mean much though, does it? Would you trust the collective wisdom of an internet forum to make good coaching decisions?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I was anticipating a bigger swing toward Croft.

most people on here thought Pies was a good idea so Thought they’d get this wrong as well.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
It doesn't really mean much though, does it? Would you trust the collective wisdom of an internet forum to make good coaching decisions?
If Milford was even close to as he good as he’s made out to be, this wouldn’t be close even for pay people.

How many other clubs have a top paid, marquee player in what should be the peak years of their career that they’d prefer to punt in place of a rookie who’s played a handful of games, most of which are widely acknowledged to have been pretty mediocre and even outright poor as well.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
I was anticipating a bigger swing toward Croft.

most people on here thought Pies was a good idea so Thought they’d get this wrong as well.
Love to know where you got that statistic from? I get you’re looking to paint the narrative that you stood on your own against the tide of Seibold backers, but I think if you were being more honest you’d see that the majority were probably pretty in favour of punting Bennett (which I doubt many would still see as not the right move given we did it for Bellamy) but pretty ambivalent and open minded about Seibold which is who we ended up with.

I think you’d seriously struggle to find many (or anyone) who really had strong arguments in support of Seibold because in truth I think hardly anyone really knew anything about him.

Sure, he was Coach of the year in 2018, but as you love to remind us, Milford was Broncos POTY in 2018 and we’ve all seen how utterly worthless those sort awards were in predicting what sort of value people would go on to have in the game In 2020.

Last edited:
Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
dunno who voted for who on this poll..

...but my answer is....Harry Grant....

get it done Broncos....

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
7. Dearden
6. Staggs

Why not?
Would be interesting, things just seem to happen around him (staggs) and his defensive reads were also better at 6. Could be good to have a strong runner of the ball but i cant say i have seen enough of his passing or kicking game to really comment too much.

It looks like the game may be moving towards halves with bigger bodies (i.e wighton, munster).

It would be a lot of pressure on dearden though as he would be managing the team (unless we got a game managing hooker who could direct the forwards about too) and doing the majority of the kicking.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Milf is clueless, always in 3 minds with ball in hand running to the defence line, and EVERYTIME takes the dumb option.. Sick of his shite, million dollar or whatever kick him out

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
Milf is clueless, always in 3 minds with ball in hand running to the defence line, and EVERYTIME takes the dumb option.. Sick of his shite, million dollar or whatever kick him out

His game hasn’t evolved from just running the ball. He has made some slight improvement to his kicking game but that’s about it. Still has no idea how to organise a backline, how to organise the players around him, no football intelligence or ability to read the game and play off momentum.

For a million dollars you should get all of that, young Milly is worth about 200-300k and coming off the bench to play his Individual game looking for holes in tired defensive lines.

Its also not a coaching/Seibold issue, Milford had 4 years under Bennett, same coach who has coached players like Walters, Langer, Lockyer & Soward into premiership winning halves. Milly just sucks at it.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rambstien
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.