VOTE Milford or Croft?

Who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 82 59.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Note: Poll will remain open until team lists drop tomorrow afternoon.

Multiple journalists are reporting that one of Anthony Milford or Brodie Croft will be dropped this week to make way for Thomas Dearden.

My question is, who would you rather partner Thomas Dearden for the remainder of the season?
Can you make the votes public so we can see who's lining up behind whom?

Both are terrible but I would rather Croft at this stage, they both seem like running halves but at least Croft is trying to get involved. Maybe dropping Milf might light a fire under him, and if it doesn't, says all you need to know.

Last edited:
Can you make the votes public so we can see who's lining up behind whom?

Only way to do that is to make the poll results viewable prior to people voting, I want to see how this pans out without people following the crowd. I'll change it once the poll is closed.

I prefer Milford, and I think he has more to offer. The thing that worries me about Milford is that his sideward running and jinking might be hard for other players to work with, and maybe a more boring but easier to run lines for half would be the better option for the team.

Also I think Milf is over priced and should probably be moved on. If that’s the case, he should probably be the one dropped with Croft moving to 6.

it’s a very tough call for me.
**** Milford and his running sideways to his centre and then switching back a hospital pass to whichever dopey forward is lurking out there. The fucker seems to have no idea how to draw his marker, pop a pass and slip his outside man through the gap. That's like 101 of playing 5/8th.

Is Milford being overpaid? Hell yes. Is he a better footballer than Croft? also yes.
He has more skills, for sure, but he's useless at distributing the ball out the back line.

Whoever is dropped, I don’t see how they make the 17 when Turpin comes back. Hooker needs to be shared between Luke and Turpin, and the bench needs 2 props and a 2nd rower.

Whoever is dropped won't even be in the 17 this week, NRL.com confirmed today that Paix will return on the bench to share the hooking duties with Luke.

It’s tough, there’s a lot of question marks about the ability of all 3 of Milford, Croft and Dearden, and where Milford is in the clubs plans. honestly have no idea.

But unless Dearden kills it our spine is dogshit, how can you have Niu/Isaako, Dearden and Turpin in your spine and have salary cap pressure lmao

**** Milford and his running sideways to his centre and then switching back a hospital pass to whichever dopey forward is lurking out there. The fucker seems to have no idea how to draw his marker, pop a pass and slip his outside man through the gap. That's like 101 of playing 5/8th.

Um, what "dopey forward ... lurking out there" ... and what "outside man" running in support? I'm keen to guess ... nope, fresh out of forwards and outside men running, let alone lurking in support.

If we are to drop either Milf or Croft, I'd go with Croft. Milf and Dearden worked well last year, when there was a bit of support running.

Last edited:
I'm torn because Milford will be a bigger message to the team. However at this stage neither can call themselves a playmaker. Pretty sure they have 0 LBA or LB between them since the restart. All they do is either shuffle the ball along or run. At least Milford can break a tackle.

Croft has been a terrible kicker. He either kicks it straight down their throat or out on the full. Although his grubbers aren't bad he rarely used it.
At least Milford's clearing kicks are really good.

Um, what "dopey forward ... lurking out there" ... and what "outside man" running in support? I'm keen to guess ... nope, fresh out of forwards and outside men running, let alone lurking in support.

If we are to drop either Milf or Croft, I'd go with Croft. Milf and Dearden worked well last year, when there was a bit of support running.
How many times have you seen him running wide thinking he's going to set up an overlap, then he runs in front of a flat-footed forward and then turns the ball back inside, lobs it in his hands, and it amounts to nothing?

I swear it looks like he's throwing games. If there's anyone left betting on us.

Last edited:
Croft’s been a terrible kicker yet leads our try assists column for the year?
Milford’s clearing kicks are shit. They are right down the fullbacks throat every time and he rarely chases the kicks and leads the line. Play Croft at 6 and let Dearden organise and do the majority of the kicking

How many times have you seen him running wide thinking he's going to set up an overlap, then he runs in front of a flat-footed forward and then turns the ball back inside, lobs it in his hands, and it amounts to nothing?

I swear it looks like he's throwing games. If there's anyone left betting on us.

For me the issue is the complete lack of anyone running in support, supporting Milf, Croft or Luke. It's a disease that the doctor hasn't cured yet. Ultimately, it is the egg and chicken - Rotten eggs and headless chickens.

Milford, Croft and Luke all run looking for opportunities however there are none. I am keen to see how it pans out out against the Dogs. Maybe we will see Tom running sideways, straight, back ... then get tackled while our dopey forwards look on 20m away from the action.

Milford has to be dropped, it's an absolute farce that he's lasted this long. It's got to be about effort and playing smart now, at least Croft is trying his guts out every week he is doing a lot of tackling the same can't be said for Milford. Croft has a far better tactical kicking game and he should provide a better link to the outside backs. He is also a far more intelligent individual.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.