NEWS Milford primed for 6 of the best next to Croft

I'm not sure it actually needs to be complex. I think this year it's had no structure at all.

His biggest weakness with the ball is how he reacts after he bounces out of a tackle. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunity, he can genuinely look lost and it usually ruins whatever flow the Broncos were trying to create.

At times it appears he has to do it all himself, when really he could just pass the ball on and look to back up his team mates. His support play which was one of his best features when he first came on the scene has been virtually rendered non-existent.

His biggest weakness with the ball is how he reacts after he bounces out of a tackle. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunity, he can genuinely look lost and it usually ruins whatever flow the Broncos were trying to create.

At times it appears he has to do it all himself, when really he could just pass the ball on and look to back up his team mates. His support play which was one of his best features when he first came on the scene has been virtually rendered non-existent.

Totally agree, which is why I think he just needs to play it simple and do what he is good at.

Play more instinctively, get back to running with the football and let the half back do the organising. Just get him playing with more freedom again.
I like the sound of that but did Milford actually do any organising?

I would also add that when his plan A breaks down he has no plan B... and also add that his plan A is trying to play make for others or running for the sake of running.

I feel that current Milf can be very premeditated... it becomes very obvious when we are looking to play a sweep to the left or it becomes very apparent that Milf is running just because (he'll run and end up bumping out of the tackle front on rather than running because he knows he can get outside his man or to exploit a weakness).

I hope we look to play a much simpler game plan at times... if there's a quick play the ball, from anywhere on the field, Turps runs from dummy half with Milf and Isaako in support

What does that even mean though?
Look to involve himself and run more. Be alive at all times to the opportunity to push up in support of your forwards or anyone making a break. Play eyes up football, do not consider yourself bound to play to a formulaic structure, actively look for weaknesses in the opposition line and run plays to try and exploit them.

Bennett is 100 years old. He doesn't want them playing exciting football because his heart might not handle it.

A few years ago everyone was banging on about his lack of kicking ability. He worked on that and now has a decent hoof.

I’m sure he’ll be fine if he doesn’t have to run the team. Good luck Milly

Milf just needs to simplify his game again. He has the quality to be a very dangerous player.
Wouldn't it be easier for him to simplify his game when there are other attacking and organising players in the spine? Last year he had to do all our kicking and everything else while we had a serviceable option, but hardly an attacking dynamo, at hooker, a hooker playing halfback who didn't really seem to bring much to the position and a broken fullback. I get where you're coming from but at the same time it'd be a fair bit easier to simplify his game when he doesn't have to play multiple positions at once.
Bennett is 100 years old. He doesn't want them playing exciting football because his heart might not handle it.
Thank you for your stellar contribution.
zU0VT6t.gif

A few years ago everyone was banging on about his lack of kicking ability. He worked on that and now has a decent hoof.

I’m sure he’ll be fine if he doesn’t have to run the team. Good luck Milly
He is simply a product of his environment that has been less then desirable over the last few years. An environment that culminated in the thrashing we so badly needed so as to put things into prospective. Hope it hasn’t been lost on our brains trust - and yes good luck Milly.

I would also add that when his plan A breaks down he has no plan B... and also add that his plan A is trying to play make for others or running for the sake of running.

I feel that current Milf can be very premeditated... it becomes very obvious when we are looking to play a sweep to the left or it becomes very apparent that Milf is running just because (he'll run and end up bumping out of the tackle front on rather than running because he knows he can get outside his man or to exploit a weakness).

I hope we look to play a much simpler game plan at times... if there's a quick play the ball, from anywhere on the field, Turps runs from dummy half with Milf and Isaako in support

Nailed it .... however .... Milf and Isaako ... and don't forget Croft!

Now that we the players, all we need is a plan. The change will be welcome.

I agree with this, he starts stepping around going nowhere fast. Hopefully it can be drilled into him to either immediately pass after breaking free or take off and hope something opens up, like he was doing in 2015. I remember last season Robbie Farah shot out of the line and Milf evaded the tackle, but he spent so much time stepping around in the same place that Farah came back about 5 seconds later and smashed him.

I think Turpin at 9 is going to have a bigger impact on Milford. Whether it comes direct or via Croft, I am expecting the ball to arrive in his hands a little faster and with a little more forethought.

But none of this matters if he continues to waste fifth tackle options on bombs that no one bothers chasing, and if he makes a dash for the line and there's no one in support. Maybe that will be Croft. I hope so.

What’s happening with Macca? Haven’t heard much about him around here. Typical mr float under the radar. Probably training the house down.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • armchair
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.