NEWS Milford reveals why he tries hard not to try too hard

I actually liked what Milford had to say and I understand what he's trying to say. He's coming at it all in a good way mentally. If you try too hard generally you are overthinking and you make mistakes and it gets you down

I actually liked what Milford had to say and I understand what he's trying to say. He's coming at it all in a good way mentally. If you try too hard generally you are overthinking and you make mistakes and it gets you down
Yeah... I mean I get it, trying too hard leads to bigger issues but if I was milf I would just refuse all media requests and focus on playing better. It doesn't matter what he says, it's about what he does on the field.

Yeah... I mean I get it, trying too hard leads to bigger issues but if I was milf I would just refuse all media requests and focus on playing better. It doesn't matter what he says, it's about what he does on the field.
Maybe he would like to talk on the field rather than on off the field. Might be of more help

So we're short of FBs says Milf. Tesi is injured and Jamayne's father has sadly passed away. No mention of the only real FB that is still in the team?

Very telling indeed.

That sports psychologist needs to be sacked. What Milford needs is the mamba mentality not some bs about don’t try too hard. With Croft dearden and Milford in the spine, who is taking control? Because it’s gonna get really messy if no one steps up.

So we're short of FBs says Milf. Tesi is injured and Jamayne's father has sadly passed away. No mention of the only real FB that is still in the team?

Very telling indeed.

I really don't get who is peddling this "It's just a game" crap to professional athletes. How mentally weak do you have to be to be told mediocrity and failure is fine because "it's just a game". No, it's your bloody full time job, your career, what defines your contribution to society and earns you the money you are on.

It's not a game of chucking the footy around on the weekend with your mates, if that's what you think it is, do it for free and get a full time job like the rest of us.

If you're on high six figure/ low seven figure salaries, you need to accept there's expectation and pressure that come with that money, otherwise everyone would be doing it if it were easy. People bet real money on games that they work hard for. People pay real money to come through the gates and support you, etc. etc. They don't get to say to their bosses when they've had a bad day at work and screwed up "It's just a job" - like that's some kind of excuse to perform badly. They'd probably lose their job for it.

Accountability culture, find some.

He is easily the most underwhelming "superstar" that I've seen in modern times. Came within minutes of a Clive Churchill medal yet he is barely worth 700k on form.

Since the Broncos are so business like they should implement performance based payments for players and coaches. It’s a pandemic and they need to cut back on costs.

I’ve been thinking, there’s possibly a deeper issue here. Every time a player is struggling, their go to response is to not try as hard. There’s a really lazy mentality in this group. They should be saying they need to work harder but no, this side needs to stop trying (working) at the sub-standard they are currently at. No wonder this group is unfit and a shambles.

I’ve been thinking, there’s possibly a deeper issue here. Every time a player is struggling, their go to response is to not try as hard. There’s a really lazy mentality in this group. They should be saying they need to work harder but no, this side needs to stop trying (working) at the sub-standard they are currently at. No wonder this group is unfit and a shambles.
Again, I'm not sure there would be even a single person out there who could accuse the Broncos of 'trying too hard'.

You just hope it hasn't infected the young brigade coming through.

- Carrigan was doing extras in his own time as soon as last season finished.
- Herbie finished first or second in the time trials when they came back
- Haas is a fitness freak and has been since his school days
- Fifita showed his determination travelling from Ipswich to GC everyday for school
- Isaako doing extras to improve his game

I think it was telling that Milf wasn't included in the leadership group... even though there's 5-7 of them in there!!

The young guys do need a couple of older heads in there to drag them along and set the standard.

Someone like a James Graham in his prime is needed, but I'm not sure who that is in the current market.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.