NEWS Milford reveals why he tries hard not to try too hard

Seibold is too lenient/soft on MILF. MILF needs a Maguire/Bellamy to crack the whip on him for his own good. Bet he would excel in a team environment like that. (Tigers, Storm, Raiders).

All the media mentioning MILF being a leader is BS, veterans do not equate to leaders. Leaders need good communication skills, he's as quiet as a church mouse. But MILF would thrive under strong leadership.

What kind of fucking coach puts an un fit out of form Milford at full back?!
Seriously, I’m done with this flog.
TBF, the kind of coach that has very few other options.

If it wasn’t Milford, who was it? Boyd? Then who plays centre? Kennar?

The trade off too is no Dearden at 7, and he played well.

You can criticise Seibold for lots of things, but I don’t think putting an experienced former fullback at fullback, given the current shortage of options (remembering Isaako is also unavailable due to personal leave) is one of those things.

Last edited:
TBF, the kind of coach that has very few other options.

If it wasn’t Milford, who was it? Boyd? Then who plays centre? Kennar?

The trade off too is no Dearden at 7, and he played well.

You can criticise Seibold for lots of things, but I don’t think putting an experienced former fullback at fullback, given the current shortage of options (remembering Isaako is also unavailable due to personal leave) is one of those things.

I’d rather Boyd at fullback than an unfit and injured Milford. Boyd was at least an elite fullback once upon a time and can make the adjustment a lot better than Milford. Kennar didn’t actually do too bad at centre.

Yeah boyd needs to go back the fb, at least he would have caught that ball Milford let go past.

Before Milf said he was staying, were any clubs after him at all?

I’d rather Boyd at fullback than an unfit and injured Milford. Boyd was at least an elite fullback once upon a time and can make the adjustment a lot better than Milford. Kennar didn’t actually do too bad at centre.
Are you talking about the same Boyd that literally fell over in defence, numerous times, not 12 months ago at fullback?

The same Boyd that caught a kick-off and took it dead, not 12 months ago.

I’ll pass thanks.

I think Bennett's sacking crippled Boyd and Milford. They have never recovered and it shows. What to do? Sack them? But they are our 2 most senior players. For mine, they are the 2 main reasons we are in a heap, directly, and indirectly. What a mess

Last edited:
I think Bennett's sacking crippled Boyd and Milford. They have never recovered and it shows. What to do? Sack them?
Yes, this.
[automerge]1595636261[/automerge]
Are you talking about the same Boyd that literally fell over in defence, numerous times, not 12 months ago at fullback?

I’ll pass thanks.
The attraction of having Boyd at fullback is it's his best position, he wants to play there, and if he's as useless as he was last time, surely Pies will sack him.

If he displaces Milford, it's because he's already been sacked. Think of fullback as the last stop on the way out the door. That how he treated Isaako before Staggs got injured. He was ready to be dropped.

Last edited:

I’ll pass thanks.

Like you said there literally is no one else who’s a ready made fullback. My point is, If Milford and Boyd are our only choices I’d go Boyd. If I really had to pick someone out of this mess I’d be giving Staggs a crack but he definitely isn’t experienced at fullback.

Yes, this.
[automerge]1595636261[/automerge]

The attraction of having Boyd at fullback is it's his best position, he wants to play there, and if he's as useless as he was last time, surely Pies will sack him.

If he displaces Milford, it's because he's already been sacked. Think of fullback as the last stop on the way out the door. That how he treated Isaako before Staggs got injured. He was ready to be dropped.

Maybe the best way forward is let this mostly young side find its own feet without the corrosion of Boyd's and Milford's angst, which is so negative, when they are looked up to as our leaders, and instead, we get failure. It must be so disappointing to our players who no doubt won't speak up about it.

I don't have an agenda against either Boyd or Milford. I just see they can't do what they are expected to do. They need to be talked to, to find out what they want, what they need to turn around their misery. If that's not possible, then just go somewhere else. ASAP. They are dragging this team down.

Maybe the best way forward is let this mostly young side find its own feet without the corrosion of Boyd's and Milford's angst, which is so negative, when they are looked up to as our leaders, and instead, we get failure. It must be so disappointing to our players who no doubt won't speak up about it.

I don't have an agenda against either Boyd or Milford. I just see they can't do what they are expected to do. They need to be talked to, to find out what they want, what they need to turn around their misery. If that's not possible, then just go somewhere else. ASAP. They are dragging this team down.
Sack Milford. Shop him to another club.
Put Boyd at fullback. Tell him it's his last chance if he wants a formal testimonial.

Sack Milford. Shop him to another club.
Put Boyd at fullback. Tell him it's his last chance if he wants a formal testimonial.

Boyd has had enough chances. Both need to be dropped.

Maybe the team needs to be thrown into the deep end but without a couple of sharks swimming in the (cess)pool. Maybe being forced to find their own way, with proper support from the coaching staff (yeah, right) is the shot.
[automerge]1595637123[/automerge]
Like you said there literally is no one else who’s a ready made fullback. My point is, If Milford and Boyd are our only choices I’d go Boyd. If I really had to pick someone out of this mess I’d be giving Staggs a crack but he definitely isn’t experienced at fullback.

Then why not give him the experience? What have we got to lose given where we are at

Last edited:
Isaako will come back into the team. He is no superstar but he wasn’t terrible at fullback.

Put him at fullback, punt Milford and Boyd. Play Staggs and Farnsworth in the centres with Coates and Arthurs on the wings.

It’s a shit sandwich, but the club have made it, it’s time for them to eat it...

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.