NEWS Milford reveals why he tries hard not to try too hard

You just hope it hasn't infected the young brigade coming through.

- Carrigan was doing extras in his own time as soon as last season finished.
- Herbie finished first or second in the time trials when they came back
- Haas is a fitness freak and has been since his school days
- Fifita showed his determination travelling from Ipswich to GC everyday for school
- Isaako doing extras to improve his game

I think it was telling that Milf wasn't included in the leadership group... even though there's 5-7 of them in there!!

The young guys do need a couple of older heads in there to drag them along and set the standard.

Someone like a James Graham in his prime is needed, but I'm not sure who that is in the current market.
We had Benji, who is not only going through a career resurgence now, but has reinvented himself from the off-the-cuff young sensation to a hard working, skilled and determined veteran with a level-head.

Hindsight is 20/20 - but boy I’m glad we flicked him so we could keep Milford...

They all just lack hunger and determination to execute. Probably add resilience in there too. There is obviously a lot of values missing in some of these guys.

He is easily the most underwhelming "superstar" that I've seen in modern times. Came within minutes of a Clive Churchill medal yet he is barely worth 700k on form.
700k is generous. There's a number of halves on less that at least appear to have an idea of what they want to do.

The young guys do need a couple of older heads in there to drag them along and set the standard.

Someone like a James Graham in his prime is needed, but I'm not sure who that is in the current market.

Someone like Matt Gillett. How good would it be to have him on our edge - defence, experience, leadership. Such a tragedy.

With Glenn out, we have no serious leader, no experience, in our forwards, and it shows.

Thanks McHunt I needed a laugh today , and that there was some bullshit. You have a great life built on what this once great club has gifted you , Anthony Milford . An opportunity which you have squandered at the expense of others who could have made a real contribution. I was once excited watching you play, but now you play like a schoolgirl that's been interfered with. You and the other pretenders along side you have been found out . Your words are hollow and you are actually a disgrace to that jersey. So if you actually believe what you are saying son , go Hard or go home .

700k is generous. There's a number of halves on less that at least appear to have an idea of what they want to do.

Was going to say exactly this. Someone like Dylan Brown is on less than that and produces much better results week in week out. Benji wouldn't be on a lot - is twice the player Milf will ever be.

Milf had a great year in 2015 and has been pretty poor since save a few stand outs. He was already on a decline in 2017 when he signed his most recent contract, I think we got goaded into giving him huge dollars by Melbourne, we should have let him walk.

Yes we probably should have in hindsight ,but he should have been part of another great Bronco back line . The halves combo has been sadly absent , like Darius and the 3/4s like Bird ,a good sound running game however was the coaches to develop. The only exciting thing in that direction is Xavier Coates.

If you don’t try you can’t **** up
giphy.gif

Well he didn't try at all tonight and still stuffed up...where to now?

Don't Try <---------------------------------X--> Try = Doesn't work apparently
Don't Try <--X---------------------------------> Try = Doesn't work
Don't Try <----------X-------------------------> Try = Doesn't work

Maybe about here next?
Don't Try <----------------------X-------------> Try = ?

what kind of fucking full back runs for 60 fucking metres!
seriously, I’m done with this flog.

Milford is probably a nice guy off the field, and seems to be a decent person, but that being said, i have never wanted a player gone from the Broncos as much as i do with him, and yes that includes Ben Barba.

Fatty's comment that if that kick that Milf let go past him into the ingoal had a chip on it he'd have caught it on the full no problem just cracked me up. It's so true. maybe Pies needs to tell him the ball is a big mac. He might catch it first go then.

Croft tried his heart out yet can't put a dent in the opposition.
MILF doesn't try and makes the team worse.
We have two polar opposites in attitudes with similar end results.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.