Milford's Magic Moments

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I hope he has a magic moment in a coffee shop with Madge and friends.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
My favourite moment was when he trolled Cameron Smith in the return game in the 2016 season. Here's Smithy who pushes every rule and Milford wins a penalty by throwing it into an offside player. I'd never seen Smith so tilted before, it was glorious to see.

Otherwise put me down for that break in the Good Friday 2016 clash. I'm usually a fatalist when it comes to footy but it's the few games where I had no doubt the Broncos were going to win. It was looking very dicey and then Milford just tears straight through.

A recent example and one that gave me plenty of hope in 2020 before the pandemic was that glorious try he scored against Souths. I thought that was the last time we really saw what Anthony was capable of and the amount of players he beat to score was just fantastic.

Best try? Hard to go past the Newcastle 2015 try for mine where he makes a huge break and then challenges Mamo to a race towards the line and gets there. That was such a fun period to watch especially after those frustrating post-Locky years.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
2015- Milf demolishing the bunnies. That length of the field try from the kickoff off the Adam Blair pass is a thing of beauty. Pure confidence and speed.
Once he lost his speed that was it for him. Brilliant when he had it.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Speaking of lists and videos, if one were to make such a list of all Broncos videos on the internet, would that be a bad thing given that there are eyes on this forum that would have the means to take these videos down?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Speaking of lists and videos, if one were to make such a list of all Broncos videos on the internet, would that be a bad thing given that there are eyes on this forum that would have the means to take these videos down?

Huh?

All Broncos videos on the internet?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Heres that try I was talking about, when you can get McCullough positioned correctly like that your doing your job lol Reminds me of the sort of passing in a game against the Sharks back in the early 90's of a team try we got where pretty much the whole bloody side was involved.

Man how good was darius Boyd back then....

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Milf and Hunt demolishing Souths in 2015 "on the way to the Garden of Eden" but basically all Milf - putting the foot down and going top speed on the kick off.

I'll definitely miss his sneaky field goals 36-0 up.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Milf and Hunt demolishing Souths in 2015 "on the way to the Garden of Eden" but basically all Milf - putting the foot down and going top speed on the kick off.

I'll definitely miss his sneaky field goals 36-0 up.
I just miss the 36 - 0 scorelines😉

I did use to like his smart arse field goals lol

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
This sort of feels like a funeral for a bloke everybody hates.

Just trying to find something nice to say

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Considering it looks certain Milford is gone at the end of this year, what are your favourite Milford moments?

Make another thread to bag him, by all means. Just the good times here.

2015 GF - best player on ground.

2016 vs Cows - that field goal. Probably the highlight of his Broncos career. Also set up Roberts to save the game.

2017 round one - match winning try against the Sharks.

2020 - that try against the Rabbits - perhaps the last taste of Milf magic.

This should have been the moment he found his form again, and he just didn't.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.