Mitchell Dodds signs for 1 year

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/10/25/dodds_signs_deal_wit.html#sf39818232

safe_image.php

HE is one of the cleanest hitters to ever pull on a Broncos’ jersey and now he has come home.

Mitchell Dodds today signed a one-year deal with the Broncos after spending the 2016 season in the English Super League.

And it is clearly not just the weather that is making front rower so pleased to be home.

The 27-year-old defensive tyro, who played 75 games for the Broncos before heading to England after the 2015 NRL grand final, also got his first look at the site that will host the Broncos’ new training facility today.

Dodds said he was excited to get back on the training paddock with his old mates when the pre-season begins next month.

"I am very happy to be home, back in the sun, out of the ran and with the family again," he said.

Last edited:
Good to have it officially confirmed.

cant see how this isnt am upgrade on j.wallace.. no disrespect and all. didnt realise he was 27 tho! oh well, prime prop age i guess

Good to see him back. Hope he's hit a new level and we get some good output from him from quality game time with Wallace and Parker gone.

I like Dodds. Welcome back!

Good news
Hopefully opposition forwards will have someone to hurt them in our defensive line now

Surely he won't be in our top 17, but is just depth for origin period.

Surely he won't be in our top 17, but is just depth for origin period.

i think he will be. at least to start the year. if the younger blokes develop quickly he may lose his spot as time goes on.

exact make up of hte side unknown but it would likely be very inexperienced bench if dodds wasnt to be picked.

i think he will be. at least to start the year. if the younger blokes develop quickly he may lose his spot as time goes on.

exact make up of hte side unknown but it would likely be very inexperienced bench if dodds wasnt to be picked.

I like his defence and experience but the reason I don't want him is because the thing he least offers is the thing we need most.

We need good forward and he can't offer that.

because the thing he least offers is the thing we need most.

i assume you're talking about hard metres up the middle and hey i agree entirely. doesn't dent the line and often gets driven back. maybe he's learnt a thing or two in his time away technique wise (so he doesn't get himself in a position to be driven back) but we will see.

all that said there are still 3 positions on the bench and if he can come on and keep our middle rock solid in defense then hopefully the other two blokes, whoever that may be, do the work with the ball in hand.

dodds is getting to the age where props reach their peak, so if he can have his best season for us in 2017 then its definitely a value signing.

wasnt there plenty of talk at the end of 2015 that the squad really didnt want dodds to leave?

Last edited:
i assume you're talking about hard metres up the middle and hey i agree entirely. doesn't dent the line and often gets driven back. maybe he's learnt a thing or two in his time away technique wise (so he doesn't get himself in a position to be driven back) but we will see.

all that said there are still 3 positions on the bench and if he can come on and keep our middle rock solid in defense then hopefully the other two blokes, whoever that may be, do the work with the ball in hand.

Yeah guess we will just have to hope he has improved and that he hopefully isn't taking to much playing time off the younger blokes.

If all these young kids developed as quickly as we would want we would have an international forward pack off the bench. Fact is, Ofaengahue, Ese'ese & TPJ all aren't ready to handle a senior role in the squad. Dodds is and I fully expect him to be in the starting 17 come round 1. We need a senior player coming off the bench to help out during the 20th minute mark. Wallace gave us this this year and Dodds will do the same for us next year. I just hope he is over that broken leg.

Does anyone know how many games he actually played in England and when was the last time he played?

If all these young kids developed as quickly as we would want we would have an international forward pack off the bench. Fact is, Ofaengahue, Ese'ese & TPJ all aren't ready to handle a senior role in the squad. Dodds is and I fully expect him to be in the starting 17 come round 1. We need a senior player coming off the bench to help out during the 20th minute mark. Wallace gave us this this year and Dodds will do the same for us next year. I just hope he is over that broken leg.

Dodds won't do as good a job as Wallace, but he will do a ok job.

I think Ese'ese is really ready to step up after the year he had in ISC.

Should be fresh then! Seriously though can't see him being ready for round 1. Still glad to have him back.

Should be fresh then! Seriously though can't see him being ready for round 1. Still glad to have him back.

he would have broken his leg pretty much a full year ago when the season starts. should be plenty of time to recover from that

He won't be in the 17, there's simply just not room for him, unless there's injuries. He'd have to be behind guys like Arrow, Ese'ese, Pangai, Ofahengaue, at least to start the year.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Arrow / Glenn

14. Arrow / Glenn
15. Pangai Jr
16. Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
17. Marshall / Nikorima

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Ondi
  • Thelmus
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncs1459
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.