NEWS Morris: don't question our culture

I have zero problem with what Morris said. If Fifita takes offence, then Fifita has a problem with being called on it. Wish players would just be honest... the money was to good to turn down, which is fine, not many people would turn down an extra 400k to move jobs.

Dont you dare talk down about our wooden spoon winning culture

News Corp aren’t going to say anything because Lachlan is on the other side of the world and doesn’t take an interest in the club. If they did they would have sacked Morris for incompetence a long time ago.

Fans think he is incompetent .... News Corp reportedly are happy with his performance

Probably because fans only care about on field performance ... while news Corp care about the balance sheet (and material for their news stories)

At least he identified recruitment and retention as being problematic so that’s a start at least. Would it be too much to ask him to push for a succession plan as well. Admitting you have a problem is the beginning of turning things around so together with Donaghy coming on board and Kevin's apparent player acceptance things are looking bright even exciting.

Fans think he is incompetent .... News Corp reportedly are happy with his performance

Probably because fans only care about on field performance ... while news Corp care about the balance sheet (and material for their news stories)
Still don’t know why News don’t care about our on field performance because if it was decent they would get more money.
Can’t believe Murdoch isn’t interested in making more money.

Still don’t know why News don’t care about our on field performance because if it was decent they would get more money.
Can’t believe Murdoch isn’t interested in making more money.

because a football club barely makes you money.

besides, they probably make more money when we are going poorly due to increased clicks on every negative article Badel and co are able to spew out

This guy hit that age that old men get to where they think people give a **** about what they have to say. **** off Karl.

**** man, you still don't get it do you.

Win on field, get better sponsors. Where do you get your corporate office training? They're doing you a disservice bro, find a better mentor or someone who's actually operated in corporate.

The concern to me, is that the board are not sitting in on contractual and or recruitment meetings. It completely explains the shit show the club had gotten itself into. It is also further proof that Bennett had the reins in this department, which is fruther backed up by the stacking of Saints, Newcastle, Broncos and now Souths. This muppet needs to cop one fair on the chin and admit the board has given too much freedom to lower level execs that have put the club in a bad place.

Oh and Player Options FFS.

Just because you're on a board doesn't mean you know anything about football or players. You can have a brilliant business mind or media background.

You've got 6 on the board, the coach, and the head of recruitment- 8 people deciding on a player- you'd get nothing done.

Lockyer represents the board on the recruitment team.

This guy hit that age that old men get to where they think people give a **** about what they have to say. **** off Karl.

I call it the Ginnane Principle. A middle aged guy that no one cares about acting like his opinion matters.

I call it the Ginnane Principle. A middle aged guy that no one cares about acting like his opinion matters.

Unfortunately because he is the chairman his opinion does matter.
The problem is it is shithouse opinion which has contributed to our shithouse results and our current shithouse position. :(

Unfortunately because he is the chairman his opinion does matter.
The problem is it is shithouse opinion which has contributed to our shithouse results and our current shithouse position. :(

Seibold, Nolan and the players caused our current shithouse position ....

I don't particularly like the guy, but the Chairman of the board really doesn't have an affect on on field performance

I don't particularly like the guy, but the Chairman of the board really doesn't have an affect on on field performance
He doesn’t get to wash his hands of the back stabbing of Bennett and abysmal decision to hire pies which lead directly to our first wooden spoon

Can’t agree.
By his own words he was involved in the Fifita negotiations so I am sure he was a player in some of the other disastrous decisions of the past 2 years.
Whilst others may have been more culpable there is no way he gets a free pass.
There is plenty of blame to go around he should get some of it.

Can’t agree.
By his own words he was involved in the Fifita negotiations so I am sure he was a player in some of the other disastrous decisions of the past 2 years.
Whilst others may have been more culpable there is no way he gets a free pass.
There is plenty of blame to go around he should get some of it.

he was 100000000000% correct in those negotiations ... hell, even the figure we were prepared to go to was to high IMO

Culture comes from the top though. All the bullshit in the past about trying to split the playing group between Bennett and White, front office shenanigans, backstabs and betrayal, that all has an impact on the culture lower down the food chain. In a high performance team environment like NRL footy that can be the difference between a team which comes together under pressure and one which falls apart.

Yeah this will probably only fire Dave up, which is not ideal.
I do however have to agree with him in the $. 400k a year is a lot to say no to, so I cannot blame him for taking the money.

Its disappointing that we do put in so much time, effort and support (especially with Dave) and then they walk out on us.
Look at the Roosters: Walker, Suaalii, Teddy, Crichton, Keary, the list goes on.. other clubs develop all these kids and then uncle Nick comes in with the cheque book. They develop no one, they just scout them and seem to always land who they want.
This is where the Broncos really need to up their game. Dont allow the Fifita’s of the world come off contract. Wrap these blokes up (like we did with Haas) before they’re able to talk with other clubs.
Hopefully once Donaghy has settled in, we will see an improvement in this area.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Justwin
  • john1420
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncs1459
  • johnyE
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.