NEWS Morris: don't question our culture

Yeah this will probably only fire Dave up, which is not ideal.
I do however have to agree with him in the $. 400k a year is a lot to say no to, so I cannot blame him for taking the money.

Its disappointing that we do put in so much time, effort and support (especially with Dave) and then they walk out on us.
Look at the Roosters: Walker, Suaalii, Teddy, Crichton, Keary, the list goes on.. other clubs develop all these kids and then uncle Nick comes in with the cheque book. They develop no one, they just scout them and seem to always land who they want.
This is where the Broncos really need to up their game. Dont allow the Fifita’s of the world come off contract. Wrap these blokes up (like we did with Haas) before they’re able to talk with other clubs.
Hopefully once Donaghy has settled in, we will see an improvement in this area.

we're not located in Sydney and we don't have anyone with the influence of uncle nick, so we can't bring out the cheque book like he does.

also, there is nothing stopping any club talking to any player/their agent years before they come off contract, the NRL just won't register their new contract until the final year of their existing contract

he was 100000000000% correct in those negotiations ... hell, even the figure we were prepared to go to was to high IMO
Yes I agree.
He got that one right (although any fool could have done so too)
My point is he was also involved in the other shithouse decisions that have put us in our current mess and should wear some of the blame for them.

Culture comes from the top though. All the bullshit in the past about trying to split the playing group between Bennett and White, front office shenanigans, backstabs and betrayal, that all has an impact on the culture lower down the food chain. In a high performance team environment like NRL footy that can be the difference between a team which comes together under pressure and one which falls apart.
Yes and particularly when they are put in a position to choose either the CEOs BBQ or the Coaches. How ridiculous.

Yes and particularly when they are put in a position to choose either the CEOs BBQ or the Coaches. How ridiculous.

although ... i'm pretty sure that the CEO's BBQ was actually, the one that the club planned ... it was the coach that made them choose, since he organised his to clash with the scheduled one

The crime of being shaken down in Bali and trying to get some (consensually) on the Gold Coast.

Last edited:
The crime of being shaken down in Bali and trying to get some (consensually) on the Gold Coast.
The goldy one seems like there's a bit more to the story to be honest. I don't know whether it's an angry dad or just a home owner going big name player + infraction = payout, or there was something more there that Fifi did to necessitate a 5 figure bribe gesture of goodwill. Same as Bali really, how do you tell from this distance if he was taken to the cleaners, or fucked up badly and paid his way out, or both? But it does seem like it's a bigger deal than met a girl but opened the wrong bedroom door.

if you believe that, i have a bridge to sell you.

common sense tells you that you don't need to compensate the family to the tune of 10k for what was reported.

if you believe that, i have a bridge to sell you.

common sense tells you that you don't need to compensate the family to the tune of 10k for what was reported.
Shake down

If you’re stupid enough to slap (assault) someone as you pass them on a motorbike in a place like Bali then you deserve to be shaken down. He’s a fucking idiot. The less idiots at the club the better.

What I find upsetting here is that Locky has only liked one of these posts.

The crime of being shaken down that was started by him slapping someone? Also can't remember the last time an attempt to consensually get some resulted in the need to cover-up the purchase of a 10k security system.

The crime of being shaken down that was started by him slapping someone? Also can't remember the last time an attempt to consensually get some resulted in the need to cover-up the purchase of a 10k security system.
It’s just funny that people are happy for lodge to play on yet are like spurned lovers with Fifita because he left us and talk about his crimes as an excuse like they wouldn’t have him back in a second.

He has an astonishing grasp of who offered what, when for someone who wasn’t present and has no responsibility whatsoever for player retention / signings...

I’m starting to wonder if Mr Morris is involved in the successful signings, but not the unsucessful ones perhaps? 🙄

Like most shitty ‘leaders’...

Last edited:
Karl is too busy moving into his kangaroo point palace to be involved in the day to day running of the club. Probably has a spare room all setup for when the good cardinal comes to visit.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  • Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Lurker
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.