OPINION Most improved Broncos player in 2023

Which player do you think is the most improved player in the Broncos team?

• Selwyn Cobbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Reynolds

• Kurt Capewell

• Patrick Carrigan

• Tyson Smoothy

• Kobe Hetherington

• Corey Oates

• Tristan Sailor

• Martin Taupau

• Corey Paix

• Corey Jensen

• Jock Madden

• Total voters
It only amounted to one game, but Jordan Pereira was so much better than any other time in his career.

Even his one game I thought he was excellent but QRL winger of the year, Souths back of the year and could have won the Broncos clubman of the year because he was last to leave training every day working with the NRL guys and and first at Souths training when he had to go there on a Friday night.

15 tries up from seven.
16 line breaks up from eight
129 tackle breaks up from 58
3374 runs metres up from 1854m

The young Broncos love him and love playing with him.

Him and Bayliss Q Cup heroes .

Riki for mine. I gave him a lot of shit over the last 12 months but he's really starting to fulfill his potential. His energy and enthusiasm sets the tone for our d - always the first on the scene in a kick chase, he's hurting people when he hits, he's running better lines and constantly breaking tackles, finding his way to the line more. I haven't looked at the stats but I reckon he's improved on every metric in the last 12 months just on the eye test alone.

If we didn't have Carrigan I'd suggest he's future captaincy material.

Riki for mine. I gave him a lot of shit over the last 12 months but he's really starting to fulfill his potential. His energy and enthusiasm sets the tone for our d - always the first on the scene in a kick chase, he's hurting people when he hits, he's running better lines and constantly breaking tackles, finding his way to the line more. I haven't looked at the stats but I reckon he's improved on every metric in the last 12 months just on the eye test alone.

If we didn't have Carrigan I'd suggest he's future captaincy material.

Remember that rumour going around of us shopping him to Melbourne or something along those lines? The rumour was something like...would you be happy to let Riki go to Melbourne if it meant we could get Fifita. Madness.

Walters and Riki most improved for mine. I think Flegs was my other one, purely from a consistency point of view whereas Riki and Walters just seemed to improve in all aspects.

It only amounted to one game, but Jordan Pereira was so much better than any other time in his career.

Even his one game I thought he was excellent but QRL winger of the year, Souths back of the year and could have won the Broncos clubman of the year because he was last to leave training every day working with the NRL guys and and first at Souths training when he had to go there on a Friday night.

15 tries up from seven.

Is he re-signed or re-signing with the broncos

Remember that rumour going around of us shopping him to Melbourne or something along those lines? The rumour was something like...would you be happy to let Riki go to Melbourne if it meant we could get Fifita. Madness.
Yep - in the fifita thread I created earlier this year I pitted the two against each other and said I'd happily trade riki for him. I'll retract that statement now - not that fifita hasn't had a great year but riki has gone up a few levels to the point where we don't actually need Dave. Huge props to jordan on that, maybe he read the thread and took it personally like his namesake lol.

I'll 2nd having Riki 4th......

Britney Spears What GIF

Mam has gone to another level and Walters has impressed me quite a bit in the end. Though I just can't go past Piakura, when he gets enough time on the field he's very damaging and can be a game breaker imo. Next year I would have Riki, Piakura as our starting 2nd row and Capewell on the bench.

15 tries up from seven.

I definitely think he should have had more games in 2023, he was playing the exact Corey Oates style play we missed from wing this year from his injuries.

But at the same time Arthars did do the job even if it wasn't that style of play, and he did look beyond Qcup went he played there even if it was right centre a position he didn't even play at first grade this year.

it is a good problem to have though.

I can't feel bad if he he finds another club to play for because he is a first grade level outside back.

Tristan is another I think fits that mold, he is a very skillful fullback who could easily be a first grade fullback imo for a bottom half team atleast, I think if he wants a future at this club he would have to transition into the centres, which he would probably have to add atleast 5kg to do for our side, he has too much ball skill to be stuck in Qcup imo.

if he did that to his body I wouldn't mind him being our left centre next year, I think he would create alot of tries and would work well with Walsh and Mam, as well as being a 2nd choice 1 and 6, I think Maddens chances have firmly established himself as a 7 only.

It wasn`t a rumour .
More like some one playing Super Coach and talking out loud .

Generally more attack goes to the left edge . So the right centre and 2nd rower need to be excellent defenders . Vice versa passing to the left is more natural so left side players need to be excellent attackers . To defeat the right side defenders .
Riki plays the right side 2nd row defender job very well . Capewell is more creative .
D Fafita played very well at left side this year . Not as suited to the right side job IMO.

I definitely think he should have had more games in 2023, he was playing the exact Corey Oates style play we missed from wing this year from his injuries.

But at the same time Arthars did do the job even if it wasn't that style of play, and he did look beyond Qcup went he played there even if it was right centre a position he didn't even play at first grade this year.

it is a good problem to have though.

I can't feel bad if he he finds another club to play for because he is a first grade level outside back.

Tristan is another I think fits that mold, he is a very skillful fullback who could easily be a first grade fullback imo for a bottom half team atleast, I think if he wants a future at this club he would have to transition into the centres, which he would probably have to add atleast 5kg to do for our side, he has too much ball skill to be stuck in Qcup imo.

if he did that to his body I wouldn't mind him being our left centre next year, I think he would create alot of tries and would work well with Walsh and Mam, as well as being a 2nd choice 1 and 6, I think Maddens chances have firmly established himself as a 7 only.

Pereira can be found out by high kicks .
A tall winger will out jump him . His one weakness teams can exploit .

It wasn`t a rumour .
More like some one playing Super Coach and talking out loud .

Generally more attack goes to the left edge . So the right centre and 2nd rower need to be excellent defenders . Vice versa passing to the left is more natural so left side players need to be excellent attackers . To defeat the right side defenders .
Riki plays the right side 2nd row defender job very well . Capewell is more creative .
D Fafita played very well at left side this year . Not as suited to the right side job IMO.

Yeah, got it mixed up with something else I think.

After Hunts disappointing kangaroos performance do you think Billy is getting close to QLD rep selection at this point?

From what I'm seeing if he can build on what he has done in 2023 he has to be asking questions for Slater.

he was playing the exact Corey Oates style play we missed from wing this year from his injuries.

I don`t think he was missed .
Ole Jesse Arthars made plenty of yards himself . Split the defence line more than once too . Like that time in the GF ??
Knocked a bomb on once in the season I can remember .

After Hunts disappointing kangaroos performance do you think Billy is getting close to QLD rep selection at this point?

From what I'm seeing if he can build on what he has done in 2023 he has to be asking questions for Slater.
Slater seem to like Walters - gave him a lot of credit this year. I think they might stay loyal to Hunt for now though, if we lose the series and Wlaters keeps improving, then maybe 2025.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Astro
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.