Most respected broncos player and NRL Player- Your opinion.

I'd say Civo.

Price had a Pokie Gambling problem that was preety serious at the time. And although he was not direclty involved he was at the Bulldogs when some bad shit went down

Menzies seems to be pretty decent.
Hazim off the field would have to be way up there. Great family man and does heaps for his community.
Rumours on Locky in the past??????Who knows.
Price is a dog. Maybe has changed his ways in recent years.
Petero and Webcke would have to be the two nicest guys ever to pull on the boots that I recall.
Another that comes to mind is Mick DeVere. Nice quiet boy anyone would be proud to see their daughter with.(not now that he is married of course)

Has to be Civo. One of the nicest person i have ever come across.
Also the only player in the whole team that said something to me when i asked them to sign my flag at the airport. (he asked how i was and whether i was going to the game)

BroncoMatt said:
And although he was not direclty involved he was at the Bulldogs when some bad shit went down

And captain to boot..........I think playing for the dogs is is a bad thing he's done on the field, and as for off the field he's been responsible for the ridiculous carry-on on these boards for the last 3 months or so that has long ago worn it's course [icon_razz1

Broncos - Big TC.

Rest of NRL - Civoniceva, Price, Wiki, Brett Hodgson.

Webcke, has done so many things that are just incrediable.

Taking pay cuts, finishing up when he knew he couldent give anymore then what he had allready given, realised he had a drinking problem (When everyone said he didnt) and tryed to correct himself. 9/11 thing was smart he had a young family back home and it was risky times. Then there is the open letter him and Tallis wrote about the state of the game, showed incrediably smarts and balls to do that...

Webcke said:
Webcke, has done so many things that are just incrediable.

Taking pay cuts, finishing up when he knew he couldent give anymore then what he had allready given, realised he had a drinking problem (When everyone said he didnt) and tryed to correct himself. 9/11 thing was smart he had a young family back home and it was risky times. Then there is the open letter him and Tallis wrote about the state of the game, showed incrediably smarts and balls to do that...

Thanks for talking yourself up Webcke.

LOL to anyone thinking Hunt is a good role model. I know its a bit unfair to judge somone by what you see when they are out on the drink, but seriously there are some football players who have no qualms with putting themselves in stupid situations and some who realise what an awesome opportunity playing in the NRL is and do everything to protect their career. I am happy to publicly state that my opinion of K Hunt off the field is that he is a KNOB.

As a Broncos fan you have to put all that to one side though. I love the way K plays on the field and also have no problems stating that he should be first picked every week (AND every State of Origin for that matter- Yes even over Billy)

For the Broncs I reckon Tunza as he is a senior player, family man and great club man. I could be wrong, but from what I have seen and heard, he would be it.

Not being up to date with all the scuttlebutt In the NRL, I could be totally off base, but I would say someone like Beaver Menzies has always seemed to me to be someone that commanded heaps of respect.

If you judge anyone's respectability on what they're like when they're pissed, well you probably wouldn't respect anyone.

Coxy said:
If you judge anyone's respectability on what they're like when they're pissed, well you probably wouldn't respect anyone.

You can still be a respectable knob! icon_smile
IMO, K Hunt is NOT one of those.

Yeah but still Coxy, I know alot of people where no matter how drunk they get- they never lose control so to speak. Doesn't change them as a person as much as others who still have some self-respect! But in saying that i know alot of people where alcohol changes them ALOT from their normal sober selves. I wonder if there is any psychological issues that support the reasoning behind it.

Anyhooo! My point is.... although you can lose respect for people whilst they are under the influence you shouldn't, for the most part, judge someones character by the way they are drunk before meeting them sober first.

Let's be honest here... these sportsman drinking at a bar are in noway any different rich executives same category IMO. Make several hundred thousand a year and are in a state of power in fact if anything sportsman would get more of a personal kick as far as being idolised on a public scale. We are human afterall, of course being successful will make you far more confident (and in some cases.... confidently cocky ala Hodges).

mal said:
Let's be honest here... these sportsman drinking at a bar are in noway any different rich executives same category IMO. Make several hundred thousand a year and are in a state of power in fact if anything sportsman would get more of a personal kick as far as being idolised on a public scale. We are human afterall, of course being successful will make you far more confident (and in some cases.... confidently cocky ala Hodges).

Spot on. In saying all this about Hunt, I can't honestly say that if you got the 17 year old version of me, threw hundred of thousands of dollars a year at me and showed me 200 newspaper articles telling me how awesome I was, that I wouldnt behave exactly the same way ....or worse.

SBW!

I remember Willie Mason saying that Lockyer was the most respected.

Coxy said:

Hmmm, big call. Respectability doesn't fly out the window if someone's had a few drinks or more, is singing bad karaoeke with a smile and generally having a laugh & a good time. If they're picking fights and going stupid, that's another matter.

Arrogance + big mouth = bad.

A little silly, but having a good time and not bothering anyone = sweet as!

My career has me working alongside NRL players 5 days / week ... the player I respect the most ? starts and ends with Preston Campbell .... a truly wonderful human being ....

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • mieko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.