Nathan Tinkler under investigation for allegedly betting on rugby league

broncospwn said:
The following year we came 6th on the ladder

Don't you mean 10th?

But that was on the back of the club's worst injury toll including the loss of Lockyer just as we had cemented our position in the 8. Had Lockyer been fit, we probably would have made it.

Don't you mean 10th?

But that was on the back of the club's worst injury toll including the loss of Lockyer just as we had cemented our position in the 8. Had Lockyer been fit, we probably would have made it.
Nope, Bennett left in 08, in 09 we came 6th, it was 10 that we missed the finals and Henjak was sacked and 11 was when Griffin came in and we finished 3rd? That's how I remember it.

Nope, Bennett left in 08, in 09 we came 6th, it was 10 that we missed the finals and Henjak was sacked and 11 was when Griffin came in and we finished 3rd? That's how I remember it.

This comment...

broncospwn said:
When he left us, we made the grand final qualifier that year only to lose to a cheating team.

Threw me off since we did not make the GF qualifier in 2008 but did so in 2009 and were eliminated by the cheats.

Oh sorry, bad wording, I meant in the year that he finished with us.

Don't you mean 10th?

We had a worse year than the current one injuries wise? :001_unsure:

It also borderlines being a pest and a 'disease' to clubs, would you be willing to risk him leaving your club in shambles in return for 1 premiership? or would you rather another coach builds towards success and doesn't just strip the club and run once he has had success.

Well, that only really happened once. He didn't steal any noteworthy Broncos, except Boyd, who was still pretty useless at the time.

Well, that only really happened once. He didn't steal any noteworthy Broncos, except Boyd, who was still pretty useless at the time.

There are also rumours he directed the Bulldogs on who they could/should sign from Brisbane as well.

We had a worse year than the current one injuries wise? :001_unsure:

Yep.

Hodges, Marsh & Ahern injured before the season even began.

Copley, Folau, Kemp, Wallace, Parker, Beale, Winterstein, Sanderson, Yow Yeh & Lockyer all had decent stints on the sidelines as well.

I can't recall us having some many people on the sideline at the same time, especially from our backline. Last week was just ridiculous!

Copley, Yow Yeh, Kahu, Reed, Kemp. That's like the backup of the backup of the backup all injured! :scared:

2007 was pretty bad as well that year Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Tate and Berrigan all suffered season ending injuries and we won only 2 out of our last 8 games and got smashed by Parramatta 68-22 and got flogged 40-0 by the Storm in the first week of the finals.

Our backline at one stage was missing Hodges, Folau, Yow Yeh and Kemp through injury in 2010.

It was pretty bad, this season and 07 definitely rival it.

Last edited:
2007 was pretty bad as well that year Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges, Tate and Berrigan all suffered season ending injuries and we won only 2 out of our last 8 games and got smashed by Parramatta 68-22 and got flogged 40-0 by the Storm in the first week of the finals.

Yeah, half of our salary cap was on the sidelines, but I was very impressed with the effort (and I think everyone else here was too). They just didn't give up.

At least until the Knights beat the Tigers (thank you Cooper Vuna!) and guaranteed our spot in Top 8.

From the second half of the Parra game on it seemed like the boys were celebrating Mad Monday.

2007 finals also gave us Alwyn Simpson. Some still wonder if he ever actually played for us, or if it was just a dream, like an M Night Shamalamalan twist.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ParraMania
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Boss
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.