NBA 2014 off-season discussion (Draft, trades, free agents, it's all happening)

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
It's that wonderful time of the season when anything can happen and teams start discussing trades, as a Lakers fan it's going to be an interesting time with a few rumours popping up regarding that 7th pick.

Rumour 1: Nash and the 7th Pick to the 76ers in return for Michael Carter-Williams and Thaddeus Young.
Rumour 2: 7th pick in a 3way trade that would land Klay Thompson and send K.Love to the Warriors.

While I'd prefer they kept the pick and picked up Aaron Gordon, both rumours would help the team as well.

I can't see either of those trades happening. I'm not sold on AG either, he looks like a less developed Griffin, way less... I'm keen on Smart or Vonleh if either fall to us.

The more I think about the more i'd be keen on the 76ers trade, they'd likely take Exum so could spare MCW and Nash as much as I love the bloke isn't healthy enough to help the team this season.

Rumour: Warriors send David Lee and Harrison Barnes to NY in return for Tyson Chandler..

I'm a big fan of Chandler but his health isn't up there and with the Warriors already having Bogut would it really be smart to bring in another big bloke who has struggled to stay on the floor?

No, I think that trade is fine if it's Lee & Bogut for Chandler.

And the only reason they'd do that is if they knew they were getting Love as well, in some other trade.

I've heard previously that Bogut & Curry were the only Warriors not available for trade. Of course that was under the previous coach, so who knows what Steve Kerr has planned. If the Warriors did manage to keep Curry & Bogut and pick up Love they will have a greater chance next season. I don't think they have any picks in the draft this year, so will have to rely on trades or FA to improve the side.

No, I think that trade is fine if it's Lee & Bogut for Chandler.

And the only reason they'd do that is if they knew they were getting Love as well, in some other trade.

Bleacher Report are saying it's Lee and Barnes.

BREAKING: LeBron James will exercise early termination option and become a FREE AGENT.

OH SHIT.

I think the strongest rumour has always been he'd go back to Cleveland and work with all their star draft picks.

Rumours have his options at 4 clubs...

Rockets - pair with Howard and Harden, not sure he'd gel with Howard given Howard has an issue if he isn't 'the man'
Heat - New contract to enable more talent around them.
Cavs - Go home, be the hero.. Irving/James could be interesting.
Lakers - The longest shot but still a rumour, gives him the chance to lead the franchise after Kobe.

Some reports have mentioned the Lakers trying to bring Melo and James to play alongside Kobe, anyone with half a brain would know the odds on that would be 1000 to 1 especially with Nash there already.

The more I think about the more I'd love to see LA trade their pick and Nash for MCW/Young, chase Lebron and then re-sign some of the talent they had this season (Young, Henry, Meeks, Farmer,Hill, Kelly)

PG - MCW
SG - Bryant
SF - T.Young
PF - James
C - Hill/Sacre.

6th - N.Young

The weakest link would no doubt be the centre position but when you got guys like James and Bryant who can knock down shots you only really need a good defender in the middle and Hill with confidence can fit that roll.

Just reading another about the Clippers doing a sign and trade, Jordan and Blake for Lebron.

Very interesting to see where LeBron ends up. Cleveland seems to be the favourite at this stage

Next minute he shocks the world and heads to the Raptors

If he ended up at the Clippers, they would be a hard team to beat next season.

The weakest link would no doubt be the centre position but when you got guys like James and Bryant who can knock down shots you only really need a good defender in the middle and Hill with confidence can fit that roll.

Or we could just re-sign Pau for a couple more years..

Or we could just re-sign Pau for a couple more years..

He would need to take a cut, if he was presented with that team i'd like to think he would see championship and do whatever it takes to stay. Then we could have Hill as backup and Sacre for depth.

The first trade of the off-season!

Knicks receive Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, 34th pick & 51st pick in 2014 NBA Draft.

Mavericks receive Raymond Felton & Tyson Chandler.

Great trade for the Mavericks, cut some dead weight, lose some hefty contracts, gain one of the best centres in the NBA and Felton, whom they'll likely amnesty for the cap room. Now all they need to do is sign a good PG (or) SG, depending on where Monta wants to play, and maybe an upgrade at SF as well.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • Big Del
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.