NBA 2014 off-season discussion (Draft, trades, free agents, it's all happening)

Couple of rumours going around at the moment. The primary one is that Kyle Lowry to the Heat in a sign and trade, and a few reports saying that Wade & Bosh will opt out of their contracts with Miami and become free agents.

Seems like they'll either take pay cuts and stay at Miami, or move on.

I'm gonna make a prediction, it's a bit out there, but yolo.

>Raptors trade Kyle Lowry to Miami for Chris Bosh

>Heat re-sign Lebron & Wade on smaller contracts

>Heat sign Kendrick Perkins and a couple of other good defensive minded free agents.

So, Heat could be running Lowry, Wade, James, ____, Perkins

Last edited:
LeBron, Wade, Haslem have all officially opted out of their deals, and Bosh is expected to.

Looks like all 4 of them will return to Miami with pay cuts, and I can see them signing Lowry & Perkins.. their lineup is going to be INSANE.

Starting: Lowry, Wade, James, Bosh, Perkins
Bench: Cole, Napier, Haslem, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA

LeBron, Wade, Haslem have all officially opted out of their deals, and Bosh is expected to.

Looks like all 4 of them will return to Miami with pay cuts, and I can see them signing Lowry & Perkins.. their lineup is going to be INSANE.

Starting: Lowry, Wade, James, Bosh, Perkins
Bench: Cole, Napier, Haslem, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA, TBA

Why are they opting out of their deals and just going back to the same place where those deals were originally? It doesn't really make sense, does it?

Why are they opting out of their deals and just going back to the same place where those deals were originally? It doesn't really make sense, does it?

Yes it does, they're taking pay cuts, if they opted in for next season they would all be on $20m roughly, if they opt out and then sign new deals they can take $15m each roughly, giving them far more cap space to sign better players to make another run at a championship over the next few years.

Yes it does, they're taking pay cuts, if they opted in for next season they would all be on $20m roughly, if they opt out and then sign new deals they can take $15m each roughly, giving them far more cap space to sign better players to make another run at a championship over the next few years.

Then why don't they just say they're doing that instead of being all mysterious about whether they're heading elsewhere? Genuinely curious by the way, not saying you're wrong.

Then why don't they just say they're doing that instead of being all mysterious about whether they're heading elsewhere? Genuinely curious by the way, not saying you're wrong.

Because free agency starts July 1 and they can't officially announce anything until that stage. Plus they're likely to be busy recruiting a good Point Guard / Centre, I assume they'll announce their new contracts as soon as they do so.

Come on July 1st already.

Lou Williams traded to the Raptors for John Salmons, just the Hawks clearing some cap room and the Raptors getting a safety net in case Lowry leaves in free agency.

I doubt the Bulls will get Carmelo Anthony but he is at least meeting with them. He is meeting with several teams this week.

Bulls are in with a solid chance but if I was Melo I'd be worried about the health of Rose.

Just reading a few things regarding Rose and it seems like he is against another big name signing. I'd imagine he is concerned the team won't be his anymore.

I never get that. Who gives a **** whose team it is. Surely winning is the most important thing.

Also I wish the Bullets or Spartans would get in the NBL.

Bullets back would be wonderful, I'm living up in Townsville now so it's good to have a local NBL team it's just a shame the tickets cost more than the NRL and the team sucks.

You have to be on the court to claim the team as yours... It's been the best part of three years, he should be thankful he still gets paid a ridiculous income for continual rehab on his fragile body.

This sort of selfishness pisses me off.

Indeed, a team with Rose, Melo, Noah all healthy would go along way in a weaker East.

If Melo goes to Bulls and they retain all their other big names, namely Rose, Noah, Butler.. They'll be in the eastern conference final next year against whoever Lebron is playing for.

They also got McDermott in the draft who can come in and do work straight away, great pick.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Taj Gibson
C: Joakim Noah

6th: Doug McDermott

Kyrie re-signs with Cavs for 5 years.

Oh wow, surprised given all that talk was he wanted out. Unless there is a sign and trade in the works

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • broncomax
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Aldo
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  • maddo
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • Skathen
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.