NBA Off-Season Discussion

or they just want to actually have their hands on the ball at some point and don't see that happening on a team with Kobe in it.

or they just want to actually have their hands on the ball at some point and don't see that happening on a team with Kobe in it.

oh come on, stop watching Sports Nation and start watching games. When he played last season, he spent plenty of time running the point and racked up some pretty good assist numbers. He is also 30th on the assist leaderboard above the mighty Jordan (Who was lucky the internet wasn't a big thing during his career)

He also plays a certain position called 'shooting guard' the first word is a huge hint at his role.

Lol at people still calling Kobe selfish, he's the highest assisting shooting guard in NBA history... Stop following the sheep boys.

Not everything has to turn into a debate about Kobe, Jordan and Lebron. They are all champions.

Yeah, that's why everyone is flocking to play with him.

I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of basketball, or you're a casual, so I'll forgive you. But the reason we aren't getting any free agents is because of the lack of talent around Kobe, and because he's on a pretty awful contract, not because "Kobe such a selfish playeR oMg".

I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of basketball, or you're a casual, so I'll forgive you. But the reason we aren't getting any free agents is because of the lack of talent around Kobe, and because he's on a pretty awful contract, not because "Kobe such a selfish playeR oMg".

Couldn't he restructure his contract or take a paycut?? It is a no brainer if he wants another ring IMO.

Couldn't he restructure his contract or take a paycut?? It is a no brainer if he wants another ring IMO.

That's not how it works, he signed this contract a couple of years back, this is the last year of it, if he wants another ring he'll re-sign after this season on the vet minimum, which I'm hoping he does, because we'll have insane amounts of money next free agency.

I think I'm just a harsh critic because he's the antithesis of Spurs basketball. Not to mention our legends are willing to take less to better the team and remain contenders.. But yeah Kobe can score lots of points I suppose.

No need to get so butthurt about it though buddy, I know the Lakers are a train wreck and all but yeesh, you sound like a New South Welsheman!

I think I'm just a harsh critic because he's the antithesis of Spurs basketball. Not to mention our legends are willing to take less to better the team and remain contenders.. But yeah Kobe can score lots of points I suppose.

No need to get so butthurt about it though buddy, I know the Lakers are a train wreck and all but yeesh, you sound like a New South Welsheman!
Holy crap... shit just got real! :laugh:

I know the Lakers are a train wreck and all but yeesh, you sound like a New South Welsheman!

Let me guess.. you're a Miami Heat come Cleveland Cavaliers fan? :lol:

Bugger. Monroe if gone now too. Where is Jerry West when you need him. Mitch isn't getting the job done too well anymore. Sad times in Laker land.

Ah now I get it, we're fighting over the same player.

Well it's looking like neither of us are going to win, Suns have traded away a lot of contracts today to make some room for LA, apparently he's about a 90% chance of signing with them. They'll have a damn good team if they get him.

The longer it drags out the better chance LA have of landing LA

Wes Matthews - 4 yr deal with Mavericks for $52m~
Robin Lopez - 4 yr deal with Knicks for $54m
Marco Bellineli - 3 yr deal with Kings for $19m
Gary Neal - 1 yr deal with Wizards for $2.1m
DeAndre Jordan - 4 yr deal with Mavericks for $80m
Corey Brewer - 3 yr deal with Rockets for $24m
Patrick Beverley - 4 yr deal with Rockets for $25m
Rajon Rondo - 1 yr deal with Kings for $9.5m

Lakers still yet to sign anyone

Last edited:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.