NBA Off-Season Discussion

Bulls are doing nothing in FA this year. I don't think they've got any spare $$ after the Butler deal.

Bulls are doing nothing in FA this year. I don't think they've got any spare $$ after the Butler deal.

They don't, re-signing Butler & Dunleavy was the only thing the Bulls had to do this off-season, and they did.

Beverley & Brewer re-sign with the Rockets, Rondo signs a 1 year $10m deal with the Kings.. Trying to prove his value coming into the next free agency, good luck to him.

CJBgGFdUEAAngnq.jpg

:(

Tobias Harris re-signed with the Magic. There's literally no available free agents apart from Aldridge that I'd even want on my team, I hope we just shut up shop and sign some undrafted rookies and go for that #1 pick.

Unless it was a big FA, signing nobody is fine. We'll make use of the young talent and let them grow, maybe pick up a couple of role players and next free agency with some proven young stars already on the team we'll make a splash in FA then given all the other clubs are blowing their loads this year.

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Bryant
PF - Randall
C - Black

6th - Young

Kelly, Sacre, A.Brown, J.Brown, Nance, Upshaw.

Randle**

Sounds fine to me, I'm hoping we land a big fish next off-season, we're going to need a star to replace Kobe.

Unless it was a big FA, signing nobody is fine. We'll make use of the young talent and let them grow, maybe pick up a couple of role players and next free agency with some proven young stars already on the team we'll make a splash in FA then given all the other clubs are blowing their loads this year.

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - Bryant
PF - Randall
C - Black

6th - Young

Kelly, Sacre, A.Brown, J.Brown, Nance, Upshaw.

Just watched a ~10 minute interview with Robert Upshaw, he sounds legit man, he had some major off the court issues in College, but in terms of defensive skill he was probably the 2nd best C in the draft behind Towns.. College numbers were 11 points, 8 rebounds, 4.5 blocks in 25 minutes.. Super keen to see what he can do in Summer League.

Just watched a ~10 minute interview with Robert Upshaw, he sounds legit man, he had some major off the court issues in College, but in terms of defensive skill he was probably the 2nd best C in the draft behind Towns.. College numbers were 11 points, 8 rebounds, 4.5 blocks in 25 minutes.. Super keen to see what he can do in Summer League.

It's purely because of his off court issues that he wasn't drafted otherwise would have been a first rounder.

It's purely because of his off court issues that he wasn't drafted otherwise would have been a first rounder.

Also has a heart issue which stopped him from working out for teams, but hopefully it's not a major problem.

Also has a heart issue which stopped him from working out for teams, but hopefully it's not a major problem.

He should be fine, I imagine unless we get someone else then we'll have Black starting with Upshaw from the bench and Sacre as the "oh god" emergency

Aldridge signs with the Spurs, Lakers looking at trading for Roy Hibbert. (I think Hibbert is awful and he's on an expiring contract, so from the tanking aspect this is fine by me, we can let him walk next summer), as long as we don't have to give up any assets.

Trade confirmed, just working out the minor details, we'll be giving up 2x future 2nd rounders I believe. Meh, could've been worse, still excited for the season just to see how our young guys play. Still a decent starting 5 funnily enough, it's just our bench that is woeful.

Russell
Clarkson
Bryant
Randle
Hibbert

We are young and most are expecting us to finish with a worse record than last season, I think we might surprise a few people. Far from contenders but we won't be keeping our pick this year.

K.J McDaniels is another player we are rumoured to be chasing as well as Stoudemire.

Would be keen to get KJ, he's got huge upside.

KJ would change how the team runs imo. With him we start Kobe/Russell as the guards with KJ at SF, bringing Clarkson/Young from the bench giving us a good solid guard rotation.

Lakers have signed Lou Williams to a 3yr deal, makes me think we are likely going to see Kobe and possibly Swaggy playing alot of time at the SF.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Battler
  • Astro
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • Clintos
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.