Neil Henry

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
What a fantastic job this bloke has done with the Raiders side since 06. This year they have lost heaps of players through injury not to mention the drama with Carney and he still has them playing an exciting brand of attacking football and his players want to play for him, all this when they were many ppls favs to get the spoon.

They don't replicate the boring no frills style of most sides and he encourages his players to play whats in front of them which is why they score so many tries from there own half.

He has stuck with his own attacking style and deserves any accolades he gets.

Whilst I am on about Canberra I wouldn't be afraid of having a lazy $50 on Terry Campese for the Dally M player of the year, he will go real close.

Hopefully he can do the same with the Cowboys next year.

Yeah, he has done a great job with Canberra and an amazing job with QLD in the last 3 years. Cowboy will really benefit having him there.

good post. I'd give neil henry a good chance at coach of the year to be honest.

I wanted him as our coach next year but he's going to the Cowboys. [icon_frown

He's really turned the Raiders around in his time there. We also shouldn't forget the role he's played for Queensland as well.

Cracking coach.

Cowboys will be a force with him at the helm next year. They will have a much improved team as well IMO. Willie Tonga and Antonio Kaufusi are great signings.

Henry + good signings + fit Matt Bowen = Top 4 finish for Cowboys.

Neil Henry would be VERY hard done by to not get coach of the year tonight.

Neil Henry is a legend it's a shame he isn't going to be the Broncos coach. The cowboys should at least make the 8 next season.

Henry was my first choice to coach the Broncos next year, but i'm still happy that Henjak has the job.

He just seems to have a demeanor ... it would be very hard to not like the guy.

That's a quality a lot of coaches need to have before they can get the most out of their players.

I hope he has a great year/career up at the Cowboys

Je$ter said:
Henry + good signings + fit Matt Bowen = Top 4 finish for Cowboys.

Neil Henry would be VERY hard done by to not get coach of the year tonight.
Is that on tonight?

The Cowboys will be in the finals for as long as Henry coaches them is my prediction, they have some of the games best players on roster now and with Tonga and Kaufusi as two names I can remember they have signed will certainly be contenders next year. Tonga has not shown his best for a few years now, watch him explode next year. Kaufusi IMO will make the SOO team next year which will coincide with Hannantloss of form.

The Rock said:
Yep, I don't see how the Cowboys won't make the top 4 next year. Unless they encounter some serious injuries they'll be there. They've got a solid pack, and with Thurston, Payne and Bowen injury free and in form, they'll carve.

I have been saying that every year. Hasn't happened though apart from the Tigers GF they played and still they haven't come up with the goods.
Any news on Bowen? Hope all the work was worth it for the bloke.

I rate Henry good work getting coach of the year. Can't wait to see what he does with the Cows next year. Love the cows!

Dexter said:
Whilst I am on about Canberra I wouldn't be afraid of having a lazy $50 on Terry Campese for the Dally M player of the year, he will go real close.

Maybe next year. Campo didn't *really* hit his straps and start firing until the back end of the year in 2008 IMO. If vote counting started in Round 15, I reckon he would've been right up there! Several MOTM performances and more than a few when he was the best player in a beaten side.

Have to say I also love the attitude that Neil Henry and the boys in green bring to the game. IMO a fantastic advertisement for rugby league - they throw caution to the wind, back their ability and have tremendous pride in the jersey. They pull together and play as a team!

I'll be hoping they take it right up to Cronulla this weekend.

would have been great to have henry at the Broncos next year. he could of turned theteam into the old broncos where Alfie would tap and run and have backline moves from our 10 metre line.

Agree Burg, with Kaufusi leading that pack and JT and Bowen fresh and ready; the Cowboys will be top8 no doubts. Of course, they will still have some haters on here.......mick!, Rock

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Nerd
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • Jedhead
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.