New team in NRL

soon enough if we decide to expand into SA, WA and PNG the NRL will be split up into divisions and we wouldn't get to play certain teams.

PNG is the only country in the world which rugby league is its national sport.

However, financially and logistically I can't see it happening. I do support their idea of having a team in the Queensland Cup. They did have one during the 90s if i remember rightly.

Won't happen in any decade soon. Probably not actually in my lifetime, and I'm only 23. As Coxy said, RL is MASSIVE up there, but the internal problems relating to health and security along with the crippling poverty and corruption in the country pretty much ensures it is still aaaages away from anything remotely like this.

Wellington, Central Coast, 2nd Qld team and Perth will be the next four admitted.

mick! said:
Won't happen in any decade soon. Probably not actually in my lifetime, and I'm only 23. As Coxy said, RL is MASSIVE up there, but the internal problems relating to health and security along with the crippling poverty and corruption in the country pretty much ensures it is still aaaages away from anything remotely like this.

Wellington, Central Coast, 2nd Qld team and Perth will be the next four admitted.

Another team in Queensland be the 4th QLD team not the 2nd [icon_razz1

Your right Coxy! The passion for footy up there is something you have to see. I dont think a team
in the NRL, but in the u20s or Q cup would be great, they have some talented young players.

PNG trips would be good during the colder months. I think CORBYworld travel does a regular run from the lesser patrolled areas ,bypassing customs for a speedy return to Australias remote northern beachs. free boogieboard with each return trip. I'm not certain but I think the Nth Qld agent is a J.Kilroy. Bring on the new NRL powerhouse !!! KAVA PATH NORTH !!!

i don't see why we need expansion at all in the next 5 years. perth, central coast blah blah. i'm liking the comp as it is. the most pressing issues imo are reducing news ltd's strangehold on the league and creating a more effective board/committee structure across all levels of rugby league in Australia. what's the point in expanding when we aren't even getting the full value out of what we currently have because we are owned by a media organisation?

Crazy Sam said:
i don't see why we need expansion at all in the next 5 years. perth, central coast blah blah. i'm liking the comp as it is. the most pressing issues imo are reducing news ltd's strangehold on the league and creating a more effective board/committee structure across all levels of rugby league in Australia. what's the point in expanding when we aren't even getting the full value out of what we currently have because we are owned by a media organisation?

What he said [eusa_clap.gi

bfoord said:
mick! said:

Sorry mate - meant second Brisbane team [eusa_doh

mick! said:
bfoord said:
[quote="mick!":1cjid647]Won't happen in any decade soon. Probably not actually in my lifetime, and I'm only 23. As Coxy said, RL is MASSIVE up there, but the internal problems relating to health and security along with the crippling poverty and corruption in the country pretty much ensures it is still aaaages away from anything remotely like this.

Sorry mate - meant second Brisbane team [eusa_doh[/quote:1cjid647]

could a second Brisbane team survive though? eusa_think remember the South QLD Crushers? i remember towards the end of the crushers going to those games for free. it was the only way they could get crowds i supose

If not for the Super League war the Crushers would still be around IMO.

bfoord said:
mick! said:
bfoord said:
[quote="mick!":24wwu3sa]Won't happen in any decade soon. Probably not actually in my lifetime, and I'm only 23. As Coxy said, RL is MASSIVE up there, but the internal problems relating to health and security along with the crippling poverty and corruption in the country pretty much ensures it is still aaaages away from anything remotely like this.

Sorry mate - meant second Brisbane team [eusa_doh

could a second Brisbane team survive though? eusa_think remember the South QLD Crushers? i remember towards the end of the crushers going to those games for free. it was the only way they could get crowds i supose[/quote:24wwu3sa]

Don't base pretty much any outlook on the health of the game in the future on events from the mid-1990's mate. Totally different kettle of fish.

The Titans have been able to thrive and will continue to grow... SEQ is crying out for another team in the next 5-6 years imo. The amount of people that hate the Broncos is MASSIVE around these parts, and given that there's only one other team in town, sponsorship dollars would also not be a question at all.

The biggest query just surrounds the placement of the team, really. No decent venue at Redcliffe/Sunny Coast or Ipswich and it's doubtful they too could play out of Suncorp. It'd take a lot of cash to be moving a team into just north or west of Brisbane, and a lot of work to place one in the city itself. Still a while away yet, but it would definitely work imo.

The North Brisbane blah blahs. Could be based at Strathpine. Heaps of room out here. Sure, it's a dump, but who cares!

The Crushers had no chance of continued success. They lied directly to the people of Brisbane , representatives of the club looked directly into the cameras for the first 18 months denying any affiliation with the QRL. Then the truth came out. The QRL had been and continues to be run by below par staff, the Crushers with poor recruitment,poor organization,deceit,duplicity and most criminal of all,poor performances had no chance of continued success.

The blame for their demise will always lay at the feet of its 20 cent administration. Elderly players,overpaid coaching staff and a non-existent forward plan were a couple more reasons for the garbage served up by them. The only thing they offered was an alternative to the Broncs for those of the public who could not bear the thought of supporting a successful,well run,well coached team.

I miss them not at all.....

COMPOUND FRACTURE said:
The Crushers had no chance of continued success. They lied directly to the people of Brisbane , representatives of the club looked directly into the cameras for the first 18 months denying any affiliation with the QRL. Then the truth came out. The QRL had been and continues to be run by below par staff, the Crushers with poor recruitment,poor organization,deceit,duplicity and most criminal of all,poor performances had no chance of continued success.

The blame for their demise will always lay at the feet of its 20 cent administration. Elderly players,overpaid coaching staff and a non-existent forward plan were a couple more reasons for the garbage served up by them. The only thing they offered was an alternative to the Broncs for those of the public who could not bear the thought of supporting a successful,well run,well coached team.

I miss them not at all.....

Cause they were given a good oppotunity to get it right too...

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • leon.bott
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.