ANNOUNCEMENT News: the carnival is over

JAHHW

NRL Player
Just curious, how the hell does news still make money?
I haven't bought a paper in years, more than a decade at least. Everything I've seen In it seems to conjecture mixed with opinion, designed to appeal to only half the potential readership. Nobody has either with the exception of my 86 year old father (who has dementia)
I never heard of a single person who doesn't work in the media that prescribes to their online publications.
What do they pay their lawyers? Free prescriptions of Women's Day?
In more than a decade you say...

So would that be pre 2010 or 2011?

#crossthreadjoke

Last edited:

john1420

NRL Player
I would expect that the printed newspaper will die off, like cheques and street directories, as the the only people using them do the same

My mum is 86 and still types her cheques on her manual typewriter (not even an electric!) but nobody who is 46 is doing that

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Just curious, how the hell does news still make money?
I haven't bought a paper in years, more than a decade at least. Everything I've seen In it seems to conjecture mixed with opinion, designed to appeal to only half the potential readership. Nobody has either with the exception of my 86 year old father (who has dementia)
I never heard of a single person who doesn't work in the media that prescribes to their online publications.
What do they pay their lawyers? Free prescriptions of Women's Day?
The company in question is also the majority owner of the Brisbane Broncos, Fox, Sky, Dow Jones, The Sun, The Times and the Wall Street Journal - just to mention a few household names. Hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.