Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
From memory, Tommy Bishop, the great GB test half back coached the Sharks in the 70's as player coach and then non-playing coach. He brought in the English prop Cliff Watson to great effect. I remember Cliffy. Brutal bastard. Just what the Sharks needed back then. I also remember he coached Norths Devils in 1974 and now lives in Redcliff3

Here's a pic of Dimond. Opposition centres quaked in their boots with this running at them. Steel studs too.

View attachment 9788
he’s beautiful! Which team’s jersey is he playing in here?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Sadly for Joe his credibility left the building with Fifita. His guess is as good as ours now.
Well from all reports, Fifita was planning on staying but unfortunately when the trucks full of cash turned up it was all to much for the young fella. I remember the same thing happened with jniko, joe and roger wilco both were extremely confident he was staying. It's one of those things you can never fully know what is happening on the other end , sometimes things change bro.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
You guys are crazy for thinking us getting Bellamy is a bad move.

We are the greatest rugby league club on earth and we need one of the greatest rugby league coaches on earth. It's that simple. Anything less is unacceptable and un-Bronco like. Who would you prefer? Exactly. It's either Bellamy or Trent Robinson.

Bellamy may very well say no or lead us on, fair game but as long as he's coaching and active in rugby league, we should be trying everything in our power to convince him to come back to us. Everything in our power. We're the Broncos and we are a fucking disgrace at the moment, this must change and who better than Bellamy to resurrect us.

I like Kevvie, he's a Bronco but I just can't see him leading us to a premiership. I don't see it. Paul Green? Hmmm yeah he's okay but not sure why he's gone so terrible tbh. He isn't the answer either. Truthfully, the only coaches that can turn us around for the better are:

1. Bellamy
2. Trent Robinson
3. Wayne Bennett

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Is Bellamy even going around again? I thought he was retiring.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
If there was ever a chance to get Bellamy you take it but is he worth wasting 2021 for? A lot of mucking around and uncertainty in the roster for a year and to be fair if Bellamy is leaning towards to retirement already we don’t have a year to waste

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Is Bellamy even going around again? I thought he was retiring.
I don’t buy it for a second.. Craig Bellamy strikes me as the type who would become bored and want back into coaching within six months of “retirement”

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Maybe an unpopular opinion but this is starting to get embarrassing. We threw the kitchen sink at him two year's ago and he said no. He's suggested he'll most likely retire after this contract. He's not available until 2022.

Honestly if we feel the need, call him and tell him there's an open checkbook and is there any chance at all? If he says no move on. Don't drag it out and piss off all the guys who'd break a leg to just be within a sniff of the role.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Wayney come back, any raging fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Wayney come back, you can blame it all on Seibs
White was wrong, and we just can’t win without you
I could even hear it in my head, lyrics, melody and backing band!

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I do think at some point we'll see a UK Coach given a shot here in the NRL, but I don't think the Broncos are likely to be the guinea pig for that one. With all the resources available they honestly should have the pick of the NRL crop without needing to go to the UK and take what would be a decent size risk on a foreign Coach.

I don't really mean this to sound as arrogant as it might come across (especially as we have no right to be arrogant after this year) but I think that sort of risk is probably more likely to take place eventually at a club like the Tigers or Warriors or even the Titans where there is probably a greater appetite for risk owing to having less ability to draw elite Coaching talent out of Australia compared to their rivals.
Yes. I was thinking the other day that KW with Griffindor would be an A team for a rebuild. No foreign coaches for me, at least at this time.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Belly ain’t retiring, like ****! The bloke would end up in an insane asylum climbing walls and shit. I don’t believe it.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
From memory, Tommy Bishop, the great GB test half back coached the Sharks in the 70's as player coach and then non-playing coach. He brought in the English prop Cliff Watson to great effect. I remember Cliffy. Brutal bastard. Just what the Sharks needed back then. I also remember he coached Norths Devils in 1974 and now lives in Redcliff.

My god I'm old 😁

And to you show just how old, I was at the this match in 1966 when I was 13.

Compare the game to now. No more biff but plenty of ball movement. Also Artie Beetson's 1st test. He kicked from half way for winger Johnny King to score. What a prop. Great match, and Cliff Watson got sent off for kicking Peter Dimond, Australia's centre, the guy who famously king hit Father John Cootes in a City-Country game in 1967. I was there too. Cootes was on the ground and Dimond just went in and punched him out .. and got sent off.

Here's a pic of Dimond. Opposition centres quaked in their boots with this running at them. Steel studs too.

View attachment 9788

Had a couple of beers with him in Sydney, probably 1989/90. His brother, Bob was an international. He only died a couple months back.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
If Bellamy signs tomorrow for 22 fine, I just don’t want to be ducked along for months, the work for next season needs to start now we can’t **** around with pipe dreams and wait months for this **** to just say no again.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Well from all reports, Fifita was planning on staying but unfortunately when the trucks full of cash turned up it was all to much for the young fella. I remember the same thing happened with jniko, joe and roger wilco both were extremely confident he was staying. It's one of those things you can never fully know what is happening on the other end , sometimes things change bro.
Not to mention mums new house on the Broadwater. Just kidding - but!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosMan
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • IceWorks
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.