Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
I dont think he makes up everything. Some is pure speculation but that's all journo's except for a couple that just report official news.

Sure thing Tony, you don’t make things up...

Walters said he would not give up the Maroons this season.

Whoever we sign, it’s got to be for the right reasons. Bringing someone in just because they were a club legend is stupid. Having Broncos DNA doesn’t mean a thing when it comes to coaching. If he’s not ticking the right boxes, then he shouldn’t get the job.

I don’t really see any issue with Green. He turned the Cowboys into a premiership threat, they were nothing before he came along.

Cowboys were always going to have some lean years after JT. That’s just what happens when you lose the one player your whole club revolves around.
Good points,
Not that long ago Green was sounded out to take over from Mal as Maroons coach which he knocked back and also at one stage was on our radar.
He had success at Wynnum which gifted him the Cows job where he took them to two finals with one premiership.
Paul Green has experience and (sorry Kevvie) that’s the most important ingredient we need at the minute. An absolute must.
No doubt Kevvie will have the right words to remind our current troops of what it means to wear the jersey but winning games is the key to help restart a return to our former self - club culture and pride in the jersey.
I chose Wane in the poll but now its apparently a two horse race I’ve changed my mind - give it to Greeny ......... please.

Walters has again stated that if he gets the Broncos job ... he will not quit the maroons.

the article mainly talks about the 2020 season ... so i'm not sure if he would be prepared to quit for the 2021 season.

hopefully that's just media talk from him .... because if he talks that way in his interview, i fear we'll get stuck with Green

He can do both and leave after this series. Let’s face it if a band of representative players can’t sort their stuff out and our preseason can’t get underway because of Kevvie I’d be surprised.

Isn’t preseason just flogging players at Enoggera and many media articles about how who beat who in the beep test, with follow up articles saying how Brisbane’s stars aren’t due back until January?

He can do both and leave after this series. Let’s face it if a band of representative players can’t sort their stuff out and our preseason can’t get underway because of Kevvie I’d be surprised.

Isn’t preseason just flogging players at Enoggera and many media articles about how who beat who in the beep test, with follow up articles saying how Brisbane’s stars aren’t due back until January?

And articles about Milford best season ever coming up.

He turned the Cowboys into a premiership threat, they were nothing before he came along.
I'm not sure you could say they were nothing before Green turned up.

Neil Henry coached them from 2009-2013 and from memory he started bringing some credibility to the cowboys.

Noting as well that Henry came in following on from a cowboys wooden spoon season in 2008

Neil Henry 2009-2013
2009 finished 8th (9 & 9)
2010 finished 14th (5 & 13)
2011 finished 4th (12 & 6)
2012 finished 4th (11 & 7)
2013 finished 13th (6 & 12)

So Henry got took them from wooden spoon to top 8 and then got them into the top 4 in back to back years.

I'd say the cows board saw that the team was in a premiership window, saw JT playing at his peak and wanted to take advantage of it.

There were rumblings about Henry losing the playing group and Green was an up and coming coach doing well in the lower grades, but he hardly came in and took over a basket case

I get it. Nobody hear likes him. I am fine with that but to suggest I am the mole is pretty laughable.
200w

I don’t really see any issue with Green. He turned the Cowboys into a premiership threat, they were nothing before he came along.

Correction : Cowboys were making the finals consistantly before Green. Green just benefitted from a red hot Morgan and Lolo. Green has shown 0 evidence that he knows how to turn a sides fortune around.

Last edited:
Correction : Cowboys were making the finals consistantly before Green. Green just benefitted from a red hot Morgan and Lolo. Green has shown 0 evidence that he knows how to turn a sides fortune around.
Thurston and conspiracies helped too. He pretty much complained his way into getting every 50/50 call their way, because if it didn’t there’d be outrage. The same reason the Raiders are copping a bunch of really nice calls this year, and the reason the Broncos continue to get walked over by the NRL every year, because we bend over and let them **** us.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.