Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Ok so it its looking very likely Seibold is gone. (THANK THE GOOD LORD FINALLY)

Its really down to a two horse race here, so lets vote Walters or Green. Regardless a 2 year deal should be the mandatory.

Me personally, Walters with a strong support staff fixes a lot of internal and external issues and gets my vote. Also if they would accept it, I'm happy with either as head coach and the other as QLD coach and assistant coach at the club.

I believe Walters is the best fit for the immediate future to come in and help right the ship.

The club isn't ready for an outsider to come in and make their mark.

Yeah it seems a risk we cant really afford to take atm.

****, why only two choices. It's like you have to die, which would you prefer, eaten by acid or slowly boiled in oil? No vote, silly poll.

Exactly why the job has to be advertised at the end of the season, with Gentle being caretaker until the end of this season.

No offence, but in our specific circumstances, for mine, a silly poll

Last edited:
Exactly why the job has to be advertised at the end of the season, with Gentle being caretaker until the end of this season.

They cant afford to have it advertised at the end of the year. We need to start planning for next year. Make signings, get a staff going etc.

Also re the coaching options, these are the two stand out candidates that are available right now. Bellamy is a pipe dream, Bennetts done with the club, Wanes got another year left in England and the other viable options aren't associated with Queensland clubs. Its really a two horse race

They cant afford to have it advertised at the end of the year. We need to start planning for next year. Make signings, get a staff going etc.

Also re the coaching options, these are the two stand out candidates that are available right now. Bellamy is a pipe dream, Bennetts done with the club, Wanes got another year left in England and the other viable options aren't associated with Queensland clubs. Its really a two horse race

I know and appreciate where you are coming from. In our shitty situation, haste makes waste. Gentle showed he has what it takes last week and should be allowed to see out the season while the board goes into planning mode for our future rather than knee jerk

They don't need to wait until the end of the season to recruit. They actually need to begin that process right away given what's involved.

That doesn't mean I'm suggesting we need to appoint anyone to take over for this year, I'm fine with Gentle seeing out 2020, but we need to get our house in order ASAP to start planning for next year, and the best time to start that process was yesterday. The second best time would be right now.

Last edited:
Look at the cowboys this year. They're the same amount of wins as us. Look at 2018/2019 Cowboys. Green cannot maintain success, he inherited a team that was already making finals.
WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT GREEN AS COACH??

They don't need to wait until the end of the season to recruit. They actually need to begin that process right away. I'm not suggesting we need to appoint anyone to take over for the year, I'm fine with Gentle seeing out 2020, but we need to get our house in order ASAP to start planning for next year, and the best time to start that process was yesterday. The second best time would be right now.

Just said that. Advertise the job. Make the process transparent and above reproach

Last edited:
I know and appreciate where you are coming from. In our shitty situation, haste makes waste. Gentle showed he has what it takes last week and should be allowed to see out the season while the board goes into planning mode for our future rather than knee jerk
What would the board be in 'planning mode' for? They've made the call to replace the Coach, it's now the new Coaches job to begin the planning for 2020 so the sooner he can be selected out of the process and appointed the better. I'm not suggesting to rush it, simply to expedite the process and start accepting applications ASAP.

I'd probably offer the role to Flanagan for 22 and ask Gentle to be caretaker for the interim. That way Flanagan would have 12-14 months to get set up (familly wise). I'd also ask Flanagan if he'd come on board as an assistant to Gentle through 21. That way Flanagan could sort through the players, see them up close, develop a rapport and provide a plan that potential new recruits could see. It would even look like we HAD A PLAN.

What would the board be in 'planning mode' for? They've made the call to replace the Coach, it's now the new Coaches job to begin the planning for 2020 so the sooner he can be selected out of the process and appointed the better. I'm not suggesting to rush it, simply to expedite the process and start accepting applications ASAP.

By planning mode, I meant advertise the position, and get the advert ready for next CEO, which means IMO it's possibly best to get the new CEO involved in selecting the next coach

I'd probably offer the role to Flanagan for 22 and ask Gentle to be caretaker for the interim. That way Flanagan would have 12-14 months to get set up (familly wise). I'd also ask Flanagan if he'd come on board as an assistant to Gentle through 21. That way Flanagan could sort through the players, see them up close, develop a rapport and provide a plan that potential new recruits could see. It would even look like we HAD A PLAN.

WTF is behind your obsession with Flanagan?

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.