Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Craig Bellamy thanks.
Not happening mate. We can't afford him apparently.

(Just don't ask too many questions on here about how a club that operates on basically half our budget does magically manage to afford him all these years though)

Last edited:
I have added all the current available options I could think of that are viable (and some are just for lols).

If you want someone else, please specify in thread.

Well seeplod is defunct so no comparison needed, pretty sure the roosters and warriors of earlier years have proven to be thorns I'm melb. Side.
Even were it true it doesn't invalidate his teams record against the decades benchmark team. It's only one reason why I prefer him over others. He's the best available coach out there, in my opinion. Why does that cause so much angst?

Odds on Foordy and SF selecting other because they’re yet to make an actual decision yet?

Not at all. Just makes it easier for them to shoot down everyone else’s opinion

clearly you have been ignoring my posts if you don't know who i think we should go after.

just because i don't want either Green or Walters as head coach doesn't mean i haven't made a decision on who we should chase.

p.s. ignore my posts all you like ... but it makes you look foolish calling someone out without knowing what you're talking about

clearly you have been ignoring my posts if you don't know who i think we should go after.

just because i don't want either Green or Walters as head coach doesn't mean i haven't made a decision on who we should chase.

p.s. ignore my posts all you like ... but it makes you look foolish calling someone out without knowing what you're talking about
Who is your choice and why? Not being smartarsey, just curious.

Who is your choice and why? Not being smartarsey, just curious.

Shaun Wane.

My reasoning is that i don't think we should go with another rookie or someone with a poor record.

Wane has had a successful career in England a couple of titles and multiple GF appearances.

he would have some idea what it takes to coach at a prestigious club (although Wigan obviously still wouldn't have the pressures that coaching the Brisbane Broncos comes with)

I realize that the ESL isn't as strong as the NRL ... but IMO he is still a better option that the other possible options.

I would also try to get Kevvie in as an assistant, because IMO, he is a fantastic assistant coach (although i don't rate him as a head coach). if he truly want to help the club out of this mess, then his ego won't stop him taking an assistants role. Kevvie would help restore club culture and pride in the jersey (he doesn't need to be head coach for this). it would hopefully sate the old boys and stop them trying to undermine the coach and the club every chance they get. we could allow Walters to keep his QLD gig.

just my 2 cents

I selected Green but I don't know why. He's won a premiership and almost backed it up with a busted squad.

Walters may be the Origin coach but I don't think that translates into a fulltime NRL gig. Aren't they more like people managers in Origin?Obviously well respected being an oldboy but is that what we need? I would have thought some structure needed to brought back. Structure from a coach who's been there done that before.

Whoever it is they're going to walk into a shitfight.

Kevin has my vote!
He may have limited experience but been a ex broncos great Queensland coach he’ll attract talent and bring some aura and pride back .
I agree the assistance coaches will be vital to his success.
He’ll be a good man manager to this young squad .

Flanigan is the best coach but we can't get him till after the 2021 season, for me the choice is obviously Walters, give him a 2 year contract with an option for 3 if he hits Performance targets and go from there.

Shaun Wane.

My reasoning is that i don't think we should go with another rookie or someone with a poor record.

Wane has had a successful career in England a couple of titles and multiple GF appearances.

he would have some idea what it takes to coach at a prestigious club (although Wigan obviously still wouldn't have the pressures that coaching the Brisbane Broncos comes with)

I realize that the ESL isn't as strong as the NRL ... but IMO he is still a better option that the other possible options.

I would also try to get Kevvie in as an assistant, because IMO, he is a fantastic assistant coach (although i don't rate him as a head coach). if he truly want to help the club out of this mess, then his ego won't stop him taking an assistants role. Kevvie would help restore club culture and pride in the jersey (he doesn't need to be head coach for this). it would hopefully sate the old boys and stop them trying to undermine the coach and the club every chance they get. we could allow Walters to keep his QLD gig.

just my 2 cents
Thankyou. I can see your point.

Even were it true it doesn't invalidate his teams record against the decades benchmark team. It's only one reason why I prefer him over others. He's the best available coach out there, in my opinion. Why does that cause so much angst?
Exactly what I said before, his band says it all. He is scum in my eyes, have no problem with you liking him just as long as he never coaches the Broncos.

Flanigan is the best coach but we can't get him till after the 2021 season, for me the choice is obviously Walters, give him a 2 year contract with an option for 3 if he hits Performance targets and go from there.
I suggested a way to use Flanagan earlier which I believe would work very well.

I suggested a way to use Flanagan earlier which I believe would work very well.
It could work but Broncos have soo much eyes looking at them from the media unlike the dragons, they would be trying to bust us the whole time for Flanigan being the real coach while the intrim is the dummy I don't think it's worth it as a team.

Kevvie deserves his chance and I don't understand why people think it would be such a bad choice, he made a decent shot at origin the last two years despite an obviously inferior team since our legendary spine has left, his way of being coy with the media is something I think this team really needs right now as well.

Last edited:
Shaun Wane.

just my 2 cents

The Wigan job imo is the biggest job and most prestigious job in England and comparable in terms of pressure to succeed that we have here in Brisbane. I think he would know what was coming in terms of pressure to succeed.

As for the Broncos right now, it can only be Walters. The issue needs to be put to bed with the media, Broncos and the old boys before we can move on as a club.

It could work but Broncos have soo much eyes looking at them from the media unlike the dragons, they would be trying to bust us the whole time for Flanigan being the real coach while the intrim is the dummy I don't think it's worth it as a team.

Kevvie deserves his chance and I don't understand why people think it would be such a bad choice, he made a decent shot at origin the last two years despite an obviously inferior team since our legendary spine has left, his way of being coy with the media is something I think this team really needs right now as well.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I rate KW. I'd just prefer a proven winner over what essentially is a rookie. Flanagan has a decade or more in the top spot, covered the rock ground and takes no prisoners. He wouldn't tolerate snowflakes and the players both respect him and fear his wrath. That's similar to Bellamy. On top of that he's likely to have learned a lot of harsh lessons with Cronulla. Anyway, I won't get my wish but it's my choice and dream🙂

Active Now

• Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • Hurrijo
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
  • davidp
  • Maroon4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.