Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
So Henry is a good coach according to some for 2 4ths and an 8th in five years when he had Scott, Thurston, Bowen, Dallas Johnson, Brent Tate, Aaron Payne, Morgan, Taumololololo, Gavin Cooper and co but Green is crap because of his last 3 years when most of that crew were gone.

Some absolute shit gets spoken on here with zero fat checking. Henry had the players and COULD NOT GET THEM OVER THE LINE or in a GF.
The cows bought Green to the club to win a Premiership and he did, lucky or not.

So Henry is a good coach according to some for 2 4ths and an 8th in five years when he had Scott, Thurston, Bowen, Dallas Johnson, Brent Tate, Aaron Payne, Morgan, Taumololololo, Gavin Cooper and co but Green is crap because of his last 3 years when most of that crew were gone.

Some absolute shit gets spoken on here with zero fat checking. Henry had the players and COULD NOT GET THEM OVER THE LINE or in a GF.
The cows bought Green to the club to win a Premiership and he did, lucky or not.
Huh? Who wants Henry as a head coach? I’m sure people would be ok with Paul Green coming in as an assistant too

Huh? Who wants Henry as a head coach? I’m sure people would be ok with Paul Green coming in as an assistant too
Just referring to some posters claiming Green did nothing at the Cows but ride off Henrys coat tails, bagging Green as a shit coach for his last 3 years. They know who they are

Just referring to some posters claiming Green did nothing at the Cows but ride off Henrys coat tails, bagging Green as a shit coach for his last 3 years. They know who they are
Is that you Rick?

I dunno if this Bellamy stuff will happen or not, but it’s all awfully familiar. Broncos approach Bellamy, Bellamy tells storm, storm leak it.

It also sounds like the role has been grossly exaggerated by the media, from salary to responsibilities, of which Bellamy said it is nowhere near a million a year & he only wants a part time role. He can do a part time role with Melbourne and still live in qld.

It just feels like another one of those stories beaten up so when it doesn’t happen they can write the story about the “secret plan” failing.

I dunno if this Bellamy stuff will happen or not, but it’s all awfully familiar. Broncos approach Bellamy, Bellamy tells storm, storm leak it.

It also sounds like the role has been grossly exaggerated by the media, from salary to responsibilities, of which Bellamy said it is nowhere near a million a year & he only wants a part time role. He can do a part time role with Melbourne and still live in qld.

It just feels like another one of those stories beaten up so when it doesn’t happen they can write the story about the “secret plan” failing.

It will be another fail.

Yeah it does stink of Bellamy using us again to get a better offer at Melbourne on his terms.

Melbourne want him full time, he only wants part time, yo Melbourne, Brisbane will give me a part time role if I want it. Melbourne board play along and give Bellamy another contract on his terms.

I don’t know it seems like storm are actually worried this time

We need him here purely to set standards.

"But couldn't someone else do that for cheaper?" - yeah but do they have the balls to enforce them and stand up to whatever piss-ant decides it doesn't apply to them?
Don't know about as a director of coaching but there's a 'balls of steel' coach waiting for a head coach role in 2022. ****, we'd be set with Bellamy as DoC and Flanagan as HC in 22. It'd be glory days again, dreaming I know.

Maybe he's waiting for the new CEO to come on board.

We know the clusterfuck that was the first time we basically had him and Bruno Cullen fucked it up. Straight from Lockyer's autobiography if you haven't heard.

Admin has undermined the club's future at pivotal points in time. You cannot **** those up as it ends up flushing years of opportunity down the toilet. What have we got to show for ourselves 15 years after our last premiership. Fucking nothing.

Last edited:
Read mentioned on Triple M that there is a theory among journos that we wanted a commitment over the weekend from Bellamy and if yes we would go with Walters. If no then it would be Green. The concern is Walters does not have the experience to take on the job single handed. Bellamy has said no decision until finals are over. Maybe it could be a done deal and hold back announcing till after finals.
Only a theory but plausable

Read mentioned on Triple M that there is a theory among journos that we wanted a commitment over the weekend from Bellamy and if yes we would go with Walters. If no then it would be Green. The concern is Walters does not have the experience to take on the job single handed. Bellamy has said no decision until finals are over. Maybe it could be a done deal and hold back announcing till after finals.
Only a theory but plausable

Even if Bellamy agrees to come though, it won't be till 2022 as he has said. So regardless, Kev will either have to sink or swim next year, without Bellamy's support. Just give Kevvie a couple of really experienced assistants and he will be fine.

I would have thought given the shambles the club has been in this year that we should announce the new coach ASAP!
With the way it’s dragging on reminds me of the “we they/won’t they” approach during the Souths/Broncos coach swap back in 2018.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.