Next Generation Queensland Players

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
With Darren Lockyer retiring & most our star ageing who will fill in our main positions in 5-10 years to come.

I did a quick list of todays team and who could fill in the future, still had question marks over a few key positions..

1:Slater 28 today has maybe 2-3 years left at the top Possible: Boyd & Ben Barba
2: Yoh Yeh
3: Hodges 28 Injured alot of the times Possible:
4: Inglis only 24 still has years ahead of him
5: ???
6:Lockyer is gone, Cronk is 28, Prince is in his 30s Possibles: ???
7:Thurson 27 Still has a few years left... Future Options????
8: Scott 26 Only going to get better
9: Cam Smith 28 today has probably 4/5 years left, Other Options :??
10 Petro could be his last series.. Options: Shillington 27, Hannant 26 Lillyman 26
11/12: Myles & Thiaday both 26, Got Matt Gillett 22, Teo 24, Costigan 26 Taylor 23 Covered well
13: Harrison is 30 Parker 29 D johnson 28... Future Options: ???

Don't forget Martin Kennedy!

Daly Cherry-Evans profile lists the Dolphins as his junior club, he will play Origin if he keeps his form up.

A few come to mind that havent been mentioned that could be a possibility in the future.

Zillman
Waddell
Tomane
O'Neill
Gavin cooper (not sure how old he is, but hes playing really well right now and wouldnt look out of place this year)
Sandow
Guerra

The Rock said:
Guerra? Is he seriously a Queenslander? **** hell. The guy has a big future.

Yup, surprised me too. I really rate him so glad to see he is eligible for the maroons :D

Tomane has gone to Union.

I don't think Zillman will ever become an Origin player - injuries have stunted him.

Must say, the future is looking much brighter for NSW and especially NZ than it is for Queensland.

Big Pete said:

I don't think Zillman will ever become an Origin player - injuries have stunted him.

Must say, the future is looking much brighter for NSW and especially NZ than it is for Queensland.

128953635740165006.jpg

Whomever made that must be, because they can't spell 'you're' and they've given 'Joking' a capital for no reason.

Pretty anal to be picking on a random web image isn't it?

ningnangnong said:
Whomever made that must be, because they can't spell 'you're' and they've given 'Joking' a capital for no reason.

Racist.

draggx said:

What can I say...I hate poor grammar and punctuation. icon_thumbs_u

ningnangnong said:
draggx said:

What can I say...I hate poor grammar and punctuation. icon_thumbs_u

Yo h8er! Yeh boi11!!!!1111!!!111!!!one!!!

draggx said:
Big Pete said:

128953635740165006.jpg

Why would I be?

Look at the players coming through for both NZ and NSW, they look more promising than the Maroons.

I actually think all sides are looking promising, Given these young guys can hold form and not Carney it up the next few years look awesome.

Seriously this is just pointless.
What happens in 5+ years is anyones guess, potential superstars could be playing local club footy and no-names could become superstars.

A year is a very long time in rugby league, only need to look at SOO for that, 5+ years is an eternity.

^ Yup.

Plus Origins are so random... someone gets injured the week before and suddenly your backline has Wesser in it... timing is crucial. Just look at this year already. I love the timing of Origin and everything but I think it really IS time for an overhaul of the rep season... I KNOW it is ALWAYS talked about at this time of the year but... hopefully there is a real movement with the IC.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.