Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Wayne Bennett

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your priority needs to be the best coach, not the best of some.

Origin camp has changed a lot in the last 10 years and especially since 2002, Qld have very good systems in place and camp is seamless with everyone knowing and doing their job. Staff has increased three times the amount in that time.

I think a club coach can do it; Cowboys might see differently which I can understand but the best coach has to be the priority.

It's going to have to keep changing, keep evolving. Does a club coach know what it takes at this level? Or will he be forced to compromise given the amount of responsibility that's required at club level?

All valid concerns and they can't be written off as resentment. When it comes to Origin, I just want the boys in Maroon to win.

Mental note, don't make a valid point in a discussion with you, I got it.

Well that's where you've got it wrong.

If you don't want to get shown up, don't make a trivial note in a desperate attempt to show somebody up.

You're not alone either, but it's about time somebody spoke up.

Well that's where you've got it wrong.

If you don't want to get shown up, don't make a trivial note in a desperate attempt to show somebody up.

You're not alone either, but it's about time somebody spoke up.

Haha are you serious? I'll just let people read what happened here and decide for themselves who attacked who. Anyway, I'm going to leave it there.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]It can be done but it will be done at a huge cost,” Bennett said.
“I coached seven series when I was a club coach.
“No one knows the demands of the job from a club point of view better than I do.
“I don’t think it would hurt Queensland’s chances.
“There’s so many wonderful players in that team.
“They’ve got a pretty good system going.
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/7904dba67dbee89173a8e2533cd4670a[/FONT]

Interesting it would cost Kevvie his Broncos' role; other then that Benny pretty much said what I said earlier. The systems are so much better now and the impact wouldn't be on Queensland.

Bennett was so convinced Walters would be promoted from Meninga’s assistant to the top job that he told Walters he would have to stand down from his Broncos duties next year.“I had the conversation with him that if he got the job he wasn’t going to be an assistant coach at the Broncos next year,” Bennett said.
“I didn’t want him to jeopardise any part of that preparation. I would have re-employed him the following year.
“After a year of doing it he would be much better equipped.
“He’d be distracted. There’s no doubt about that. It just goes with the job.
“If he was offered the job he would have to stand down at the Broncos.”
Interesting read.

NORTH Queensland Cowboys head coach Paul Green will concentrate solely on club duties in 2016 after receiving interest from Queensland Rugby League to replace Mal Meninga as the Queensland State of Origin coach.

While coaching the Maroons remains a career goal of Green’s, he said the timing wasn’t right to take up the role next year.

“I am extremely flattered by the QRL’s interest in me coaching the Maroons. I’m humbled by the overtures and coaching the Maroons is something I am hugely passionate about,” said Green, who played seven Origin games for Queensland from 1999-2001.

“I’ve decided to concentrate on coaching the Cowboys in season 2016, putting all my energies into having another successful season.

“I want to thank everyone who has supported me through this process, however the timing around coaching State of Origin next year just wasn’t quite right, and from a personal point of view, the decision that I’ve made will be the best thing for all parties next year.”

Green added he was grateful to the QRL in considering him for the role, and said that his love of rugby league’s toughest annual contest ran deep.

“As a past State of Origin player, I remain as passionate as ever about the Maroons and remain hopeful of again getting such a treasured opportunity.

“I can’t thank the QRL enough for considering me for this role.”

QRL Managing Director Robert Moore said he understood Green's position and wished him well for the upcoming 2016 NRL season.

“We respect and support Paul’s decision to concentrate on the Cowboys as the club prepares for its premiership defence,” Moore said.

“The QRL understands the enormous public interest surrounding the appointment of Mal’s successor and will continue with the process. However, it’s unlikely that we’ll have a decision until the New Year.”

Green, his coaching staff and players will break for Christmas-New Year on Saturday, December 19, returning to pre-season training on Monday, January 4.

Official Statement on Maroons coach - QRL

Wonder who's next on the list, it would be a bit contradictory to come back and ask Walters after saying he didn't have the necessary experience.

Who else is there?

It's out of Bennett and Walters by the looks of it. Lockyer doesn't want it, Hagan doesn't want it. Langer doesn't want to coach.. Or that could just be he doesn't want to coach an NRL club. I highly doubt they would pick a NSW coach.

I'm not sure who else there is that would fit their criteria or come close to it.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere Bennett has no interest in it . That might change since he didn't get the Australian gig though.

just give it to anyone, qld will walk it next year anyway.

2 games are at ANZ after QLD have had home ground advantage over the last couple of years (Melbourne is QLD's home away from home). So much can happen between now and May next year. I think the 52-6 beating will be a good thing for the Blues next year, I remember when the Maroons were humiliated like that and we're whitewashed, they completely changed everything for the next series and started fresh and they got the trophy back. Also it's worth remembering that the Blues were very unfortunate to lose game 1 and after the 2nd game had more tries and points than the Maroons.

I dunno, if Loz continues with his current selection policy I think it'll be a piece of Pearce.

2 games are at ANZ after QLD have had home ground advantage over the last couple of years (Melbourne is QLD's home away from home). So much can happen between now and May next year. I think the 52-6 beating will be a good thing for the Blues next year, I remember when the Maroons were humiliated like that and we're whitewashed, they completely changed everything for the next series and started fresh and they got the trophy back. Also it's worth remembering that the Blues were very unfortunate to lose game 1 and after the 2nd game had more tries and points than the Maroons.

093547-allan-langer.jpg

Now present to me the player in his class that NSW will bring in to make the difference.

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Bennett have one last go with Queensland. I know a lot of people here would hate that though.

I'd leave it upto Bennett, he has been in that situation enough to know if he was up for it or not.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • jtupu17
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.