NFL 2013/2014 discussion

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Maybe I've got my 49'ers glasses on, but I think you're the one reaching with that list.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Maybe I've got my 49'ers glasses on, but I think you're the one reaching with that list.

Every single coach Clintos named has at least one Superbowl ring, 2 of them have more than 1. As impressive as your coach is, he still has no rings. In a game that revolves around results, a ringless coach has no claim to being the best.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The Niners need to put a string of good seasons together, as well. All those teams have been consistently dominant over the last four or five seasons - the Pats and Pittsburgh even longer than that. I think Harbaugh can do it, but this coming season will be telling.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Just saw - Tebow to Pats. Bill mightn't be as good as all that after all...

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Just saw - Tebow to Pats. Bill mightn't be as good as all that after all...

if there is anyone who can turn around Tebow, its the man who invented the Camcorder defensive scheme.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That is true Ari. I am not in any way trying to take merit away from any of those coaches, who have the runs on the board to be considered absolute top. However, having Brady, Rothlisberger, Manning, Rodgers, etc... makes a big difference, a luxury Harbaugh doesn't have (yet).

Now consider the 49'ers before, and the 49'ers after Harbaugh.
The Harbaugh/Roman/Fangio combo doesn't need to prove itself after taking a team that had been languishing in the cellar of the NFL for well over a decade, to the Conference final one year and the Superbowl the next.
They did that without a star QB, and with practically the same roster the guy(s) before had at their disposition!

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
The 49ers won games through a strong defense and rushing game. They never needed a star QB.

They have one now though! Kap is awesome.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The 49ers won games through a strong defense and rushing game. They never needed a star QB.

They have one now though! Kap is awesome.
Now imagine if they did have an awesome QB. But thanks for emphasising my point... :winky:

I'm gonna give Kaep another year before making that claim, but all the indicators are there...

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Make or break year for Kaepernick, for sure. Not to mention Wilson and RGIII and even Luck to some extent. Teams are going to be focused on shutting down these mobile QBs, and they've got to show that they can weather the storm and keep producing, and not miss long stretches of the season like Mike Vick...

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Wilson will be fine, he's a pocket passer first. Equalled Peyton's rookie QB TD record!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Yeah, I think Wilson and Luck definitely are the best placed of those four. Seattle in particular look awfully good going into this season. SF aren't going to have an easy time of it this year. They may need all the coaching talent they can lay their hands on....

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I think Wilson is the least likely TBH. He just seems ordinary compared to the other 3.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think Luck did really well given the roster he inherited. The other 3 had better players in front of them, but they're all quality.
Here's hoping they all confirm their creds!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Anyone who's not a 49ers fan? Harbaugh finished beging Belichick, Coughlin and McCarthy on the NFl.com rankings too.

Its a good signing sure, but you're reaching being the best. I'd put Saints, Giants, Packers, Pats and Pittsburgh above 49ers tbh.

Packers!!!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Re: 2012/2013 NFL Season

Hard Knocks will be returning this year. Cinci have signed up - will be interesting to see how Harrison goes and a few other players.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Damn Ari, now I gotta look at the damn 'Jennings to Vikes' comment again :( I had moved on man!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

**** the Vikings. **** Jennings. This whole move has completely fucked my madden experience. My 'pass to Jennings' fallback play (well that was really my only play) is gone.

And no one suggest playing as the Vikings... I'd rather punch myself in the balls

Active Now

• Bronco bob
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Lostboy
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.