NFL 2015/16 Discussion

The patriots didn't make them choke. We had tired out their defence and then the Offence started panicking. Matty Ice turned to Water. Get rid of the ball ffs.
Wouldn't surprise me if Bellycheat put something in Matty's water...

Anyway, climbing out of the gutter into the sunlight...

I like what's happening at the 49'ers, with a new GM and confirmation of Shanahan as new HC. Both are steps in the right direction, and an indication that Jed York may be learning to lead one of the most iconic franchises in the NFL, by staying right out of football decisions or at least accepting advice from experienced and knowledgeable people.

It's still early days, but with a good draft position and plenty of space in the cap and wallet, it will hopefully work towards bringing the niners back into the limelight.

I like what's happening at the 49'ers, with a new GM and confirmation of Shanahan as new HC. Both are steps in the right direction, and an indication that Jed York may be learning to lead one of the most iconic franchises in the NFL, by staying right out of football decisions or at least accepting advice from experienced and knowledgeable people.

It's still early days, but with a good draft position and plenty of space in the cap and wallet, it will hopefully work towards bringing the niners back into the limelight.

Wouldn't that be the reverse when you go from talking about the NFL champions to the NFLs worst team

As you know mate I've been following this closely, like everyone I was really surprised with the John Lynch GM appointment. I'm optimistic about what he will be doing while leaving Shanahan to deal with the 53.
There will be more appointments this week apparently.

Wouldn't that be the reverse when you go from talking about the NFL champions to the NFLs worst team
The Sharks are the NRL premiers... does it answer your question?

Yup, I got it right the first time.

Tom Brady is the Goat but seriously **** him. The **** is married to a Supermodel, has 5 Superbowl rings. He's had his fair share now. He'll get into acting once he retires because he has Evil Villain written all over him.

Gooddell was out on a personal mission to destroy the patriots for whatever private agenda he has. It was a witch hunt, and was proven himself to be the corrupt one, not Brady or Bill.

Don't mind me, Saints fan over here playing the world's smallest violin for the Pats...

I still think it's Manning.

Brady is great, but he couldn't do what he does at any other team.

We don't really know that though. I honestly think it is a waste of time comparing the 2. Brady is the GOAT he has 5 Superbowl rings FFS!. Manning is the GOAT he has all the records.

My obvious bias aside - he has done more, with less. Outside Randy Moss he's never had an 'elite' receiver. If you look at his numbers with Moss you will see all the records he broke.

Manning had a superior line and Marvin Harrision and Reggie Wayne. When he moved to Denver he had Thomas, Sanders. I'm not saying Manning was carried by his receivers at all, I'm saying he didn't have to do as much, and at a certain point his success has to be connected to who he's throwing to as well.

Manning has most of the regular season records and Brady has nearly every postseason record.

Manning was on serious decline over last 2 seasons and was carried by his defence, Brady is still looking as strong as ever. Could keep playing for 3+ years. Longevity is a massive factor as well.

Anyone who says Tom Brady isn't the GOAT needs to take off their anti-Patriot glasses and view the man for what he's done.

I could never consider Manning the GOAT due to his piss poor playoffs record. Its all good to break all the records in the season but the post season is where you are remembered and Manning struggled big time. Bradys numbers stack up well against any qb in the normal season and he blasts them away in the post season. Manning had decent enough sides to have won 3-4 rings. And that's not including the second ring he got when his team effectively carried him with that awesome defence. I seriously think Osweiller could have won that game against the panthers.

My obvious bias aside - he has done more, with less. Outside Randy Moss he's never had an 'elite' receiver. If you look at his numbers with Moss you will see all the records he broke.

Manning had a superior line and Marvin Harrision and Reggie Wayne. When he moved to Denver he had Thomas, Sanders. I'm not saying Manning was carried by his receivers at all, I'm saying he didn't have to do as much, and at a certain point his success has to be connected to who he's throwing to as well.

Manning has most of the regular season records and Brady has nearly every postseason record.

Manning was on serious decline over last 2 seasons and was carried by his defence, Brady is still looking as strong as ever. Could keep playing for 3+ years. Longevity is a massive factor as well.

Anyone who says Tom Brady isn't the GOAT needs to take off their anti-Patriot glasses and view the man for what he's done.

I'm no Pats fan but Belichick and co run a good franchise there.
He always seems to get the best out of players who aren't top tier.

Belichick is the GOAT, no doubt.

Tom Brady, I'm not so sure.

Tom Brady sat out this year for 4 games and they won 3 of them without him.

In the year Brady was out all season, they went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. It's clearly a system set up very well from Belichick.

The year Manning went down for the year, Indy went 2-14 after 9 straight 10+ win seasons from Peyton.

The rings argument is a ridiculous one. Flacco has a ring. How about Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer? Are they better players than Dan Marino? Football is a team sport, rings shouldn't have much to do with comparing individual players.

Yep, what penny said. Brady is an elite QB, no argument. But he has also benefited from being in the best system in the league for the past sixteen or seventeen years, or whatever it is now. Plug Manning, Brees, Rodgers, the other Manning, Rothlisberger, Palmer, Rivers, or a bunch of other QBs in there, and they still would have had a similar level of success.

• FB IMG 1487122454428

I'll pay that... well played. :notevensayingit:

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.