NFL 2015/16 Discussion

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Amazing. Jester would have been loving that.

As for NFL today. Raider Nation!!!! What a great win and now occupying one of the wildcard spots with a massive showdown with PIT next week.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
After being annoyed that the Pats traded our only decent pass rusher yesterday I am cheered up by trading for Martellus Bennett. Uber TE tandem incoming!

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I was in Seattle last Sunday for the Seahawks opening game (could not justify the cost of getting two tickets) but we were out and about in Pioneer Square and surrounds all morning as they all streamed towards Century Link. That is one city that really loves their football team. Flags everywhere, supporter gear being worn everywhere in the days leading up to the game. It was an awesome atmosphere.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dildo dildo!!

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
The run to the playoffs is heating up.

Who are people's picks to contend for the AFC and NFC championship games?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I've got New England vs Kansas City and Dallas vs Green Bay.

A few weeks back, I would have said Seattle was looking good. But they have been a bit dodgy the past couple of weeks and losing Earl Thomas is massive.

Losing Gronk isn't as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. New England will win the superbowl :(

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
I've got New England vs Kansas City and Dallas vs Green Bay.

A few weeks back, I would have said Seattle was looking good. But they have been a bit dodgy the past couple of weeks and losing Earl Thomas is massive.

Losing Gronk isn't as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. New England will win the superbowl :(

I agree Penny Brady will do it again unfortunately!
I see you're a Raiders fan? You don't think they can go all the way? D or O concerns?

I'm picking Dallas vs Seattle still.
NE vs KC looks good

Let's not talk about the basket case my niners are!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I agree Penny Brady will do it again unfortunately!
I see you're a Raiders fan? You don't think they can go all the way? D or O concerns?

I'm picking Dallas vs Seattle still.
NE vs KC looks good

Let's not talk about the basket case my niners are!

14 years as a Raiders fan has conditioned me to think that we can't win haha. I'm still worrying if we will make the playoffs let alone even thinking about the Black and Silver in the Superbowl. I haven't tipped Oakland all season. It's just what I'm used to. If we can beat KC at Arrowhead, then I might actually start to believe. Maybe haha.

Nice to have another NFL fan around these parts. [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] is also a 49ers fan.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I'm in the Dallas vs Seachickens boat as well in the NFC, unless the Falcons recover their early season form. I don't even see Green Bay making the playoffs!
AFC will be Pats vs someone unfortunately. KC looks the goods, but I reckon one of the others (would love to see the Raiders get there, despite the local rivalry with my guys) will get on a roll. If the Steelers click, they have the troops and talent to go all the way.

The 49'ers need a few years, because they do have some youthful talent in the team. It's my hope they will tank the rest of the season to get a prime draft position., although I'm not quite sure what the class of 2016-2017 draftees looks like, and with Baalke managing, we'll probably let the best guys fly right through our radar (right A-Rod?).
Of course, I would totally support the dismissal, or wouldn't be against the accidental shooting of Jed York and Trent Baalke... :shady:

Last edited:
Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Pats vs Boys Super Bowl would be excellent.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
I'm in the Dallas vs Seachickens boat as well in the NFC, unless the Falcons recover their early season form. I don't even see Green Bay making the playoffs!
AFC will be Pats vs someone unfortunately. KC looks the goods, but I reckon one of the others (would love to see the Raiders get there, despite the local rivalry with my guys) will get on a roll. If the Steelers click, they have the troops and talent to go all the way.

The 49'ers need a few years, because they do have some youthful talent in the team. It's my hope they will tank the rest of the season to get a prime draft position., although I'm not quite sure what the class of 2016-2017 draftees looks like, and with Baalke managing, we'll probably let the best guys fly right through our radar (right A-Rod?).
Of course, I would totally support the dismissal, or wouldn't be against the accidental shooting of Jed York and Trent Baalke... :shady:

I feel the same way Port in regards to the Raiders and Steelers.
Yeah incredible the amount of failures Baalke has made drafting (plenty of ACL's) and free agency. We have a lot saved up salary wise, let's face it though wise no one wants to come here (FA) under the current front office.
We do have a bit of talent, retirements and IR has hurt us of late but I'm still not convinced of Chip Kelly's offense scheme.
If you're interested have time and not already Port head to 49erswebzone.com forum, there are a few Aussies and Kiwis on there

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Some notes

- Pats losing Gronk may not seem like a big deal but it will come playoffs. Gronk makes the big plays when needed and when Brady is struggling with his receivers, he can always rely on Gronk to turn it around for them. He is definitely a major loss and Bennett needs to step it up big time to make up for it. Also losing Collins was not ideal for them either. Their defence has been a bit disjointed since he left. Still plenty of time to iron out the chinks in the armour before the playoffs though and fortunately for them it looks like the AFC title will go through Gillett Stadium
- The Raiders are firing on all cylinders and are a legit threat to the patriots for the AFC title but they need to stay healthy. They lose one or two key guys and I think they might come unstuck in the playoffs. They also cant afford to drop down below first place in their division (especially with the chiefs and broncos hot on their heels). They are going to need home field advantage in the playoffs for the first week at least. Carr is the legit MVP this year hands down.
- For the NFC, its hard to look past anybody but the cowboys at the moment. That Oline is amazing and their defence is just turning up game after game. Only question would be how these rookies in key positions do in the playoffs but that will be a lot better as they are pretty much assured a home game first off. The Seahawks suffered a massive blow with the defence leader Earl Thomas out for the year and I think they will feel that effect more and more as the weeks go by. Only threat I could see to the cowboys winning the NFC would be if the Vikings got fully fit and made it to the playoffs (but they might be a bit too far back now and that's barring Bridgewater who is out for the season). Don't discount the Giants too however. They have a knack of going 10-6 then winning the superbowl so it wouldn't surprise. They are a weird team to say the least

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
FB IMG 1481523687611

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Do the Packers have a chance at getting to the play-offs?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Jedhead
  • OXY-351
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • TimWhatley
  • Harry Sack
  • LGH
  • mitch222
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.