NFL 2017 Discussion

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hey @Clintos who knew the free agency season was going to be as exciting as the season. If we can re-sign Hightower and Butler we have an even better team than 2016.

I wouldn't mind keeping Jimmy G, but would laugh if we can some how get the first overall pick from Cleveland for him.

Hey @Clintos who knew the free agency season was going to be as exciting as the season. If we can re-sign Hightower and Butler we have an even better team than 2016.

I wouldn't mind keeping Jimmy G, but would laugh if we can some how get the first overall pick from Cleveland for him.

It's always exciting. You never know what's going to happen! Happy with the moves so far.

Hightower is definitely key I think. We offloaded Collins mid-season so we can't afford to lose him as well. That said - Belichick does what he wants. No one is bigger than the team.

I love that he replaced Bennett so quickly after he publicly said he was going to chase the money. That was never going to go down well.

Bennett is no gronk and was always going to be replaced.

I just saw an article on Hightower being linked to the Jets. Good God that would be truly awful.

Butler is chasing a long term deal so he may not get it with the pats. Hightower is interesting though. He isn't showing an interest in any other teams at the moment so I think NE are confident of working something out.

Bennett is no gronk and was always going to be replaced.

I just saw an article on Hightower being linked to the Jets. Good God that would be truly awful.

Yup. I'm crossing my fingers we re-sign him.

BB Loves Hightower - surely he will up his deal, but I think DontA hates the cold, if he leaves New England that's why. Haha. Who can blame him.

BB Loves Hightower - surely he will up his deal, but I think DontA hates the cold, if he leaves New England that's why. Haha. Who can blame him.

He is not one to over pay however. If Donta is willing to accept a reasonable deal (which is what I think BB will off him to start with), he will stay. Its basically up to him, chase the dollars or stay on a stable team

jamie-collins-hey-coach-i-want-von-miller-money-bill-5790333.png

This off-season sucks so much. We haven't signed anyone.

Also, Pats looking better. Belichick can already do it with anyone, now he's getting good players :(

This off-season sucks so much. We haven't signed anyone.

Also, Pats looking better. Belichick can already do it with anyone, now he's getting good players :(
So over the Patriots. They've won enough. Can't they die in a fire already.

Butler is chasing a long term deal so he may not get it with the pats. Hightower is interesting though. He isn't showing an interest in any other teams at the moment so I think NE are confident of working something out.

I was really hoping Butler was going to be part of the Cooks trade. It may be wishful thinking but I'm still hoping that might be a possibility - sending the 32nd pick back to the Pats after he signs his tender or as compensation. There were a few rumblings about this immediately after the trade, but it's gone quiet since, so sadly I don't think that's gonna happen now.

We'd better hit with that pick, is all I can say...

Just taking a moment to remember the super bowl.

When I was telling my (recently NFL converted) old man he was an idiot that he didn't understand NFL at all that there was no possible way we could come back from 28-3 down......and him saying "trust in Tommy" and then ...........nek minnit........2 x touch downs, 2 x 2 point conversions, turn overs, stopping the field goal.......man. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!

Good times, good times.

Pats got Hightower back. If they can sow up Butler, surely they will have the best defence in the league.

Supposedly Butler left New Orleans with an offer, so it may just be a matter of working out terms with New England at this point. I'm hoping it's that Butler signs his tender and we give up the 32nd pick back (or, even better, our early second-rounder). I really hope they don't do it, but as a Saints fan I wouldn't be shocked if they gave up the 11th pick in compensation. It'd be too much, but they've paid overs before today...

The Saints are scrambling desperately to get some relevance back in the NFC South. Brees is near the end so they are trying to give him one last crack.

The Saints are scrambling desperately to get some relevance back in the NFC South. Brees is near the end so they are trying to give him one last crack.

Well, yeah. Of course. It kind of seems like you're trying to be insulting, but isn't winning the endgame for every team?

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Justwin
  • BroncoFan94
  • Kev_Guz
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.