NFL 2019 Discussion

Please. One bad game. Ridiculous comment.
[automerge]1578807822[/automerge]
San Francisco were incredible. They are going to be hard to stop.

I don’t think it is a ridiculous comment and he has had more than one bad game. There is a reason that these run-first QB’s often have one or two season’s max where there are destined for the hall of fame and then fall off the cliff.

I don’t think it is a ridiculous comment and he has had more than one bad game. There is a reason that these run-first QB’s often have one or two season’s max where there are destined for the hall of fame and then fall off the cliff.

Tell me how has he fallen off the cliff? He's going to be the MVP.

Jackson being exposed for nothing but a highlight reel. Turns out you need more than a HB that can throw a bit at QB.

Big Truss, whoop whoop.

Threw for 350 and ran for 150 more. Sure he threw two picks but one of those was a tip drill that wasn't his fault. The other was ugly and the fumble was bad, I'll concede that. He also threw some absolute dimes, particularly in the drive before the half when they went the length of field and were very unlucky not to score a TD that might have changed the complexion of the game.

If this was a 'bad' game, and in the context of the remainder of his MVP season, I'd take him over just about any other QB in the league. Can't see anything but big things in his future, and writing him off after today seems like nothing but a knee-jerk reaction.

Threw for 350 and ran for 150 more. Sure he threw two picks but one of those was a tip drill that wasn't his fault. The other was ugly and the fumble was bad, I'll concede that. He also threw some absolute dimes, particularly in the drive before the half when they went the length of field and were very unlucky not to score a TD that might have changed the complexion of the game.

If this was a 'bad' game, and in the context of the remainder of his MVP season, I'd take him over just about any other QB in the league. Can't see anything but big things in his future, and writing him off after today seems like nothing but a knee-jerk reaction.
He is elite and has a career year. He might struggle to sustain the same success as opposing DCs break down the scheme. I just think the offense this year was designed to maximise his assets.

I think Pat Mahomes is still king of the kids.

Last edited:
He is elite and has a career year. He might struggle to sustain the same success as opposing DCs break down the scheme. I just think the offense this year was designed to maximise his assets.

The coaching staff of the Titans did a really good job of working out the offensive scheme which predominantly based on the read option.
It seemed like Greg Roman (Raven's OC) only had one game plan as such, therefore when they were behind they couldn't play catch up. I really felt like the Titans were the more battle hardened team and when they punched the Ravens in mouth they were imtimadated.
I too believe he will be a top QB but will need to develop more of a pocket presence.

Time will tell.

Every offense should be designed to maximise the QB's assets, though. I don't know if that's an argument against him...

I agree, Mahomes looks the best of this next generation. I don't know that guys like Jackson and Watson are terribly far behind him, though.

The coaching staff of the Titans did a really good job of working out the offensive scheme which predominantly based on the read option.
It seemed like Greg Roman (Raven's OC) only had one game plan as such, therefore when they were behind they couldn't play catch up. I really felt like the Titans were the more battle hardened team and when they punched the Ravens in mouth they were imtimadated.
I too believe he will be a top QB but will need to develop more of a pocket presence.

The Titans defense absolutely deserves more credit for this win then Jackson is getting for the loss. Absolutely turned up committed to play old school football. I think it's unsustainable long term, but I could absolutely see them making the big game this year on the back of this run. I kind of want to see a Niners-Titans Superbowl now.

Bill O'Brien is not a good coach.

Why go with a fake punt when you lead by 17?

And now it's gonna be a ten point lead.

Jimmy G has thrown it 6 times yet they have scored 34 points
Packers have been exposed majorly on the run here

I couldn’t believe the numbers when I saw them, Mostert seems to be having a field day

We've given up a couple of big plays, Rodgers showing his class.

That pick at the end of the first half looks so crucial now
Packers defence can think only run here
If jimmy G throws then fair enough but gotta focus on the run

We played way too conservatively on our last 2 drives, letting GB back in the game.

Niners-Chiefs is a hell of a mouthwatering Superbowl. I hope KC wins if only for Andy Reid's sake.

Well that’s the super bowl I was hoping for after we were eliminated last week. I’ll be quietly cheering on Mahomes but not too fussed on who wins

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • RodF
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Bronx48
  • Redux
  • Hoof Hearted
  • cento
  • MrMoore
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.