NFL 2020/2021 Discussion

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
Honestly I am fully expecting us to choke and blow it.
Same I think we will have one of those games where the defence cant stop anything and the attack just doesn't click. I fear our ability to tackle Kamara if we come up against him

I will say that we look much more fluent in attack and seem less reliant on Rodgers throwing the deep ball. So much movement before the snap and the RB's providing decent threats out the back on runs or throws.

The defence should be setup for modern pass first NFL as well with the Smith's providing good pass rush (Z Smith is anyway) and Jai becoming a lockdown CB.... that Rashan Gary looks a beast as well.

Last edited:

Culhwch

NRL Player
Even so, I have a terrible feeling about the Tampa game. I'm expecting a strong defensive effort but one of those games on the offensive side where they don't get going until late, or don't make the most of their opportunities, and either fall just short or get run down on the last possession. That's standard Saints playoff football, unfortunately.

Halftime and I don't have a better feeling... Not watching the game but it certainly looks like the defense showed up but the offense is still on the team bus.

Also, old QBs -- not as exciting as young QBs.

mrslong

State of Origin Captain
Patriots Nation
Too soon. I'm still grieving.

I think the Saints should go all in for Deshaun Watson. Sell everything. Give them Taysom and Jameis. This team with a QB like Watson, boy howdy...
They should have started Jameis in the 4th quarter.

Watson to the Pats 2021 for a 3rd rounder and maybe Gilmore if they play hardball lol. Such is the uselessness of the Texans.

Culhwch

NRL Player
They should have started Jameis in the 4th quarter.

Probably should have but that was never on the cards. If Hill had been fit it would have been a different game I think, because Payton is more willing to use him and he'd have given just a little point of difference, particularly in the red zone.

I honestly think they lost it on the first two drives. Cap those with TDs and it's a totally different game. Of course the four turnovers didnt help. Props to the Tampa D. Oh, and I guess Brady was there as well.

I'm sad to see the end of Brees' career, but its almost a relief as well. As good as he has been over his career, for the past two to three years he has often been the common denominator in big losses. And I'm excited at the possibilities now open to us. Watson is probably unrealistic for the Saints, but maybe get a guy like Stafford, or even give Winston a shot, keep the majority of the core offense and defense together, and this team has a lot of potential. But they'll probably give the job to Hill, go 9-7, and get beaten by the Vikings in the Wild Card game....

Last edited:

Culhwch

NRL Player
You had one job, Green Bay! Still, I think Tampa get pasted in the SB by either AFC team.

Is Rodgers becoming the new Brees? One ring, and then a bunch of seasons where he comes heartbreakingly close but falls short…

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
You had one job, Green Bay! Still, I think Tampa get pasted in the SB by either AFC team.

Is Rodgers becoming the new Brees? One ring, and then a bunch of seasons where he comes heartbreakingly close but falls short…
I know this sounds bitter but the refs fucked us. So many holding and PI calls against us not called and the one that they finally do call is the one to give TB the game.

Culhwch

NRL Player
I know this sounds bitter but the refs fucked us. So many holding and PI calls against us not called and the one that they finally do call is the one to give TB the game.

As a Saints fan I very much feel your pain.

But -- taking that field goal was a bad decision. Take the shot on fourth down -- you score you have the chance to tie with a 2-pt conversion, you fail you still need a TD and the ball back and give TB awful field position. I just don't get the call there.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
SB Pros and Cons

Bucs
Pros:
Salty patriots fans watching Brady win while they have to look forward to Jarret Stidham as their starter next year.

Cons:
Brady wins and will probably kiss his son on the mouth again

KC
Pros:
Kermit wins another SB

Cons:
Le'von Bell wins a SB

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Around
No salt from this Patriot fan. I'm okay for Brady to win. I'd rather him than another AFC team.

I was hoping it would be Bills v Bucs just so I could watch Brady screw the Bills one more time.
It would have been the ultimate troll for Brady to leave the division only for the Bills to take control...and then lose to Brady in the Superbowl.

scobie

NYC Player
Never been a Brady fan, but it's unbelievable what he's done this year. If they do win it, will it be his greatest superbowl triumph?

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
The best part about Brady is every team in the comp had a chance to draft him 5x. That shit happens in the nhl because they’re just kids 17/18 when drafted but not NFL not the GOAT! I love it, what a weapon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.