NFL 2020/2021 Discussion

**** LA lol.

I'll second that, but I still hope they beat the Packers this week!

Even so, I have a terrible feeling about the Tampa game. I'm expecting a strong defensive effort but one of those games on the offensive side where they don't get going until late, or don't make the most of their opportunities, and either fall just short or get run down on the last possession. That's standard Saints playoff football, unfortunately.

And then even if we win we would likely have to travel to Lambeau, and honestly I don't think they'd be much chance there. My head is saying KC-GB for the Superbowl.

Last edited:
I'll second that, but I still hope they beat the Packers this week!

Even so, I have a terrible feeling about the Tampa game. I'm expecting a strong defensive effort but one of those games on the offensive side where they don't get going until late, or don't make the most of their opportunities, and either fall just short or get run down on the last possession. That's standard Saints playoff football, unfortunately.

And then even if we win we would likely have to travel to Lambeau, and honestly I don't think they'd be much chance there. My head is saying KC-GB for the Superbowl.
Honestly I am fully expecting us to choke and blow it.

As a sometimes interested Packers fan, are we looking good?😁

As a sometimes interested Packers fan, are we looking good?😁
Currently looking very good. Offence is in the top 3 and looking better each game. Defence has been average to concerning for the first half of the season but the last month has been good, not great but definitely not a concern. Given we have had the bye and that we play all our games up until the SB (if we get that far) at Lambeau in the snow we have a very good chance. In saying all that it feels a bit to good to be true and even though we should easily handle LA I am prepared to be disappointed.

**** LA lol.
I agree to an extent. Rams used to be my undisputed NFC team when they were in St Louis. During their superbowl run a few years back, I was bandwagoning them, during that time, it became apparent to me that the franchise is so plastic now. Nobody really gives a shit about them. Their fans haven't gone through years of cheering for them.

I usually like to listen to the radio broadcast of the team I'm going for in a certain match and it's usually filled with passionate play by play guys that love their team, but the LA guys sounded like they barely gave a shit.

It would have been boring to see LA win the superbowl, because very few would care. I only ended up sticking with them because **** New England.

Last edited:
Honestly I am fully expecting us to choke and blow it.
Same I think we will have one of those games where the defence cant stop anything and the attack just doesn't click. I fear our ability to tackle Kamara if we come up against him

I will say that we look much more fluent in attack and seem less reliant on Rodgers throwing the deep ball. So much movement before the snap and the RB's providing decent threats out the back on runs or throws.

The defence should be setup for modern pass first NFL as well with the Smith's providing good pass rush (Z Smith is anyway) and Jai becoming a lockdown CB.... that Rashan Gary looks a beast as well.

Last edited:

Halftime and I don't have a better feeling... Not watching the game but it certainly looks like the defense showed up but the offense is still on the team bus.

Also, old QBs -- not as exciting as young QBs.

Chiefs got very lucky against the Browns. Apparently you can attack with your helmet as long as you are a Chiefs defender.

Drew Brees sucks.
Tom Brady doesn't :smoker:.

Last edited:
Drew Brees sucks.
Tom Brady doesn't :smoker:.

Too soon. I'm still grieving.

I think the Saints should go all in for Deshaun Watson. Sell everything. Give them Taysom and Jameis. This team with a QB like Watson, boy howdy...

I think the Saints should go all in for Deshaun Watson. Sell everything. Give them Taysom and Jameis. This team with a QB like Watson, boy howdy...
They should have started Jameis in the 4th quarter.

Watson to the Pats 2021 for a 3rd rounder and maybe Gilmore if they play hardball lol. Such is the uselessness of the Texans.

They should have started Jameis in the 4th quarter.

Probably should have but that was never on the cards. If Hill had been fit it would have been a different game I think, because Payton is more willing to use him and he'd have given just a little point of difference, particularly in the red zone.

I honestly think they lost it on the first two drives. Cap those with TDs and it's a totally different game. Of course the four turnovers didnt help. Props to the Tampa D. Oh, and I guess Brady was there as well.

I'm sad to see the end of Brees' career, but its almost a relief as well. As good as he has been over his career, for the past two to three years he has often been the common denominator in big losses. And I'm excited at the possibilities now open to us. Watson is probably unrealistic for the Saints, but maybe get a guy like Stafford, or even give Winston a shot, keep the majority of the core offense and defense together, and this team has a lot of potential. But they'll probably give the job to Hill, go 9-7, and get beaten by the Vikings in the Wild Card game....

Last edited:
Chiefs got very lucky against the Browns. Apparently you can attack with your helmet as long as you are a Chiefs defender.
Was surprised to see the chiefs OL get penalised today.

Funnily enough the Texans are the only team stupid enough to make that trade.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Battler
  • Skyblues87
  • Midean
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.