NFL Draft and free agent talk

Re: NFL Draft talk

Clintos said:
You never know. Some teams might just want the option to do it. Add that extra set of plays to the offensive playbook.

The Eagles used the wildcat quite a bit last year BTW, but they had Vick, who IMO is the perfect player for that formation.

Not enough to warrant keeping his million-dollar option.. But I see your point.

I geniunley think Tebow will go to Jacksonville, which round, I have no idea, but apparently Jack Del Rio is fixated on having him at the Jags.

Although, history suggests they need a decent QB, and Sam Bradford won't go top 3.. so.. things to ponder/

He's doing himself no favours by not thowing at the combine though.

They really should force QB's to throw at combine IMO. You don't draft QB's to run or out-muscle opponents.

Isn't the combine just a giant-sized waste of time anyway? It's not all that often that anyone does anything so amazing to improve their draft stock or make a complete disaster of things to go down the board.

Speed, Acceleration and Strength is all you get from it really.

The problem with the NFL draft over say, the NBA draft is that while the is an obvious leap in grade between college and basketball, it's easy to see who's got it and who hasn't as far as being NBA-ready goes. It's much harder to judge that from college football to the NFL

Meat77 said:
The problem with the NFL draft over say, the NBA draft is that while the is an obvious leap in grade between college and basketball, it's easy to see who's got it and who hasn't as far as being NBA-ready goes. It's much harder to judge that from college football to the NFL

I personally like the uncertainty of that though.

The uncertainty is OK but when you follow a perpetually struggling team like the Browns it would be nice to actually turn a top 5 draft pick into someone decent for a change. I think Joe Thomas is the only player we've drafted in the last 10 years that turned out to be any good

Clintos said:
Speed, Acceleration and Strength is all you get from it really.

Plus carachter, which is often enough for a team to draft/not draft someone.

dukey said:
Meat77 said:

I personally like the uncertainty of that though.

+1.

I wouldn't call it uncertainty as much as better scouting can judge who is ready and who isn't.

Al Davis already has Taylor Mays pencilled in as his1st rounder after that amazing 40.

Je$ter said:
Al Davis already has Taylor Mays pencilled in as his1st rounder after that amazing 40.

is that serious or are u just joking. i would die if we drafted that future bust

He ran an unofficial 4.24 - which is amazing considering he is 230lb.

I think he will go alright, he can make plays but didn't make too many in his senior year.

I reeeeeally reeeeeeally reeeeeaally hope Big Blue draft Rolando McCain. I've seen a few reports that they're likely to take CJ Spiller, which would be alright if they can sign Karlos Dansby before the draft. But we've still got Jacobs and Bradshaw and are down AP so I'd be much happier with a middle LB.

P.S. check out my avatar Clintos. I made it just for you. You are welcome to have it as your avatar too if you would like. It features Tom Brady so I know you'll love it.

LOL.

Thanks man. That's very generous.

best avatar in ages!

dukey said:
I reeeeeally reeeeeeally reeeeeaally hope Big Blue draft Rolando McCain. I've seen a few reports that they're likely to take CJ Spiller, which would be alright if they can sign Karlos Dansby before the draft. But we've still got Jacobs and Bradshaw and are down AP so I'd be much happier with a middle LB.

I think they'd be daft not to take McClain or Sean Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon normally plays will in the 4-3 but he is what their defence needs.

Je$ter said:
dukey said:

I think they'd be daft not to take McClain or Sean Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon normally plays will in the 4-3 but he is what their defence needs.

There's no way the G-men will sign Karlos Dansby, too many $$$, keep your fingers crossed for Keith Bullock instead.

We need a linebacker. Shawn Merriman is a RFA, but apparently he is wanted badly. Banta-Cain will no doubt return after a 10.5 sack season, and Mayo will really need to improve on last season.

I just read that we may throw an offer towards Julius Peppers. Hope we do TBH. One of the best pass rushers in the game IMO, and he made it no secret that he wants to play in a 3-4 defense. I do hope they just give Wilfork the franchise tag like he is asking though.

Knowing Belichick we will no doubt go after a couple of veterans at RB an WR. Chester Taylor, Chris Chambers and Derrick Mason have been mentioned. Spaeth from Pittsburgh is apparently also being targeted, but I always saw him as more of a blocker than the receiver.

I personally would like to see us go after Ryan Clark, the safety from Pittsburgh. He's pretty aggressive, and we've been missing something like that since Rodney Harrison retired. I like Malcolm Floyd from San Diego too. I think he could slot in next to Moss and make some big plays. He's a RFA, but he could fall through the cracks at the Chargers focus on Jackson. A quality linebacker should be our highest priority though.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.