NFL Draft and free agent talk

Providing they hold onto Edwards they will. Shonn Greene will need to step up too assuming Jones doesn't return.

jones has already been released, so its all shonn green....

Yeah, but apparently the Jets might table another offer.

Clintos said:
Providing they hold onto Edwards they will. Shonn Greene will need to step up too assuming Jones doesn't return.

Ironic chioce of words given how few times Edwards held onto the ball while he was with the Browns...

Clintos said:

I'd like to see them team Jonothan Dwyer from Georgia Tech. Bit of smash and dash.

Antrel Rolle to Big Blue. Good signing.

Wilfork and Banta-Cain have accepted new deals. That's a good start.

When Tom Coughlin greeted Antrel Rolle on Friday morning, the first thing he said was, “Forget about this defense stuff, I want to talk to you about the Wildcat.”

“I think that’s going to come from showing them exactly what I can do,” Rolle said of his potential development into a Wildcat factor. “Once I’m here with this organization I think they will get a pretty good feel of what kind of athlete I am.

“I can throw the ball a million miles away, everybody knows that. Whether they are going to use me for that, I don’t know. I hope so, I think it brings another dimension to football and creates a mismatch. It’s also something that can excite the fans and definitely be a momentum changer.”

Yuck.
As far as I'm concerned, the Wildcat is an offence you use because your quarterback is shit. With Eli coming off a 4,000 yard season I don't see any need for gimmicks like this. I'm pretty excited about Rolle, but as a safety, not as a member of the offence.

The Browns have released Derek Anderson today. While I'm not sold on who should be the starting QB for the Browns between him and Brady Quinn at least we're not going to go through the same crap as last year playing guessing games week in week out as to who the QB will be.

Mike Holmgren could well be the best thing to happen to the Browns for a long time - I'm liking the way he's going about things right from the start!

I have a feeling that the Raiders might pick up Anderson in a 'developmental' role. But we'll see how it pans out. I could also see him in Arizona.

EDIT *UPDATE* - Ryan Clark has re-signed with the Steelers, and they also have added former WR Antwaan Randle El.

LaDanian Tomlinson has also scheduled a visit with the Vikings on Thursday, he's recently said he would be happy to land a development role with a younger back. Peterson and Tomlinson, unstoppable?

TO is also scheduled to visit the Bengals this week, to see whether they are interested in signing him.

Antonio Bryant was also in Cincy this week. This could be interesting.

And the Denver Broncos have signed ex-Patriot Jarvis Green. of course, he will suit the Denver 3-4 allignment.. because if Bellichick did it, McDaniels sure as hell will do it too!

Personally I think the Raiders need more than a "developmental role" for the QB position - they need to bite the bullet and either draft or buy a new starter

Meat77 said:
Personally I think the Raiders need more than a "developmental role" for the QB position - they need to bite the bullet and either draft or buy a new starter

Well.. it hasn't worked previously. We bought Jeff Garcia, let him go before the season started.

Drafted JaMarcus Russel, that's gone to shite.

So, the front office needs to re-think their free-agency and draft thinking, cause clearly it's not working.

Meat77 said:
Sounds familiar...

lol. Very familiar I'm sure.

Personally. I'd like to see the Raiders trade for McNabb.

The Eagles aren't too interested on keeping him, and according to numerous league sources, they're trying to find the best way to be rid of him.

I don't want another QB drafted that we have to wait 3 or 4 years to see some results. Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez are the execption.. well.. so are Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

****. Why did we get stuck with Russell god DAMMIT?

Bannermania said:
****. Why did we get stuck with Russell god DAMMIT?[/color]

Two words: Al. Davis. [icon_lol1.

McNabb would be a nice pickup but is he really leaving Philly? That rumour gets played out year in year out when they inevitably don't win the Superbowl

Meat77 said:
Bannermania said:
****. Why did we get stuck with Russell god DAMMIT?[/color]

Two words: Al. Davis. [icon_lol1.

McNabb would be a nice pickup but is he really leaving Philly? That rumour gets played out year in year out when they inevitably don't win the Superbowl

Seems as though the rumors are getting stronger and stronger. They're closer to paying Michael Vick's extension, and they're fairly please with Kevin Kolb.. so.. that leaves one odd-man out.

UPDATE - Thomas Jones has signed a two-year $5MIL deal with Kansas according to ESPN.

ANOTHER UPDATE - Just incase anyone cared, The Raiders have cut Javon Walker and Greg Ellis.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.