Nines / Trial Games

I’m really fucked off about the penalties. Ruined what should have been a great game.

The penalties bothered me but they didn't have a bearing on the game. I thought the call against Staggs was tough in the opening set of the second half, but it let to a Cowboys turn over so no harm no foul. The penalty on Farnworth against McGuire was a bitter pill to swallow but with only 40 seconds left on the clock deep inside Broncos territory it was virtually all over regardless.

Cows copped the worst call of the night, Milford got a piece of the ball when Opa kicked it dead.

Tabuai-Fidow was just onside for mine. Drinkwater kicks it on the 22m and Tabuai appears in line when boot goes to ball.

It’s only the 9s and the stacked teams always seem to underperform. So whatever works in the 9s it isn’t as simple as selecting your best NRL players.

The 9s are enjoyable but they don’t really provide any actual season insight. If they did I’d have to say that Isaako can’t ball play to save himself and Dearden looks far better than Croft.
And Croft looked far better than Milford.

MIlford ruled out with a minor hammy injury.

Screenshot 2020 02 14 NRL PHYSIO on Twitter Anthony Milford ruled out of NRL9s day 2 after mi

Badel has wrote a story about how the poor crowd in Perth is evidence to never have a Perth team....

Never mind it started during work hours on a Friday, or that a lot of teams sent over poor teams, or that the arlc chairman said there'd never be a team in Perth the day before the event. Absolute wankers. Knew this was coming. The crowd is STILL bigger than half the Sydney games. This game will grow a slow death under this administration. So frustrating to watch.

Hey and guys, dw, the judiciary has got rid of a completely unbias arlc panel, swapping an ex player and all nsw panel for an ex player and all nsw panel. Just like the arlc does not have 1 queenslander too. Let's frow the game to far lands such as parramatta boys! It'll flourish and the money will never dry up!

Badel has wrote a story about how the poor crowd in Perth is evidence to never have a Perth team....

Never mind it started during work hours on a Friday, or that a lot of teams sent over poor teams, or that the arlc chairman said there'd never be a team in Perth the day before the event. Absolute wankers. Knew this was coming. The crowd is STILL bigger than half the Sydney games. This game will grow a slow death under this administration. So frustrating to watch.

Hey and guys, dw, the judiciary has got rid of a completely unbias arlc panel, swapping an ex player and all nsw panel for an ex player and all nsw panel. Just like the arlc does not have 1 queenslander too. Let's frow the game to far lands such as parramatta boys! It'll flourish and the money will never dry up!

Utterly predictable and a nice demonstration of both how much of a hack Badel is and how stupid the NRL is for allowing this talking point to come about in the first place.

if poor crowds are a reason not to have a team ... then all Sydney teams should shut up shop right now.

the crowds were poor for a number of reasons... but the two main ones are:

1. it started during the work day on a Friday (instead of running Saturday and Sunday like previous events)

2. the NRL allowed many teams to send rookies and no no-names to participate instead of players that the crowds want to pay to see (not an issue during the NRL season) ... previous tournaments forced the clubs to send a number of their star players

Last edited:

Not to mention Vday weekend, people will have shit on. And it was boiling hot to start off. Hopefully it cools down

Croft and Turpin looked good and Dearden put in a nice short kick. The forwards will be fine in actual NRL. Dno about Isaako, he was average.
He's always been average. Even in his supposedly wonderful rookie year he was made to look better by his goal kicking. I hope the rumours of Bird to fullback are true.

He's always been average. Even in his supposedly wonderful rookie year he was made to look better by his goal kicking. I hope the rumours of Bird to fullback are true.
The excitement I had around isaako was his clutch moment ability (field goals and tries in close games) and his work ethic/desire to improve. He's just not fantastic at any one area of the game though. He reminds me of a little bit better Hoffman. However unlike Hoffman, he seems more suited to fb than wing so it is fb or nothing for him. He deserves a shot at fb but we shouldn't and won't stick with him if he doesn't shock us all. I just hope he doesn't take a wing spot over Farnsworth or Coates.

What the **** was up with all those penalties in the cowboys game?

6 penalties in an 18 minute game.

The excitement I had around isaako was his clutch moment ability (field goals and tries in close games) and his work ethic/desire to improve. He's just not fantastic at any one area of the game though. He reminds me of a little bit better Hoffman. However unlike Hoffman, he seems more suited to fb than wing so it is fb or nothing for him. He deserves a shot at fb but we shouldn't and won't stick with him if he doesn't shock us all. I just hope he doesn't take a wing spot over Farnsworth or Coates.
Seibs has big wraps on Coates, so if he lights it up on the wing I can’t see Isaako taking his spot, I don’t think we owe Isaako first shot at FB either (or any position really), if Jack impresses in the trials, give it to him. I want the best 17 on the field every week. I don’t give a crap who they are or what they’re being paid, if they aren’t doing what’s needed in the position, get someone in who can.

Broncos made the mistake of thinking you just throw it sideways and breaks come, the Cowboys went forward with JT and then found gaps- JT made the second most meters for the night from all the games and the Broncos were gassed from defending. Broncos didn't play smart 9's.

Hass should have been doing that role.

Cowboys kicking game was dominate too and got them out of trouble, thought the Broncos kicking was lacking while Clifford kept the Cowboys moving.

Boys left for Rocky this morning. Very relaxed.

Aaron Woods literally does five efforts in one tackle but play on. Then does a high shot very next play and also play on.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.