Nines / Trial Games

Wow we passed the ball out wide and scored a try. Fancy that. We must try that tactic more often.
Because we didnt give it to a forward first. The amount of fucking times we pass it to a prop who then passes to a half. That is why our halves get rushed and we dont get backline movements. It is just so slow, laboured and predictable.

Seibold has done shit all with this team, no plays, defence is crap, ruck control and line speed non-existant, cant shut down off loads and again all our points come from individual efforts.

Seibold can use his little mantras of burning the boats, winning with defence et al, but no one is buying into it.

We lost because we are ill disciplined and have poor ball handling. Same as last year.

But what if we can optimise our synergy, conduct a deep dive on our resource management, and focus on a more dynamic output structure?

FFS, bullshit like training at 110% game speed, that would probably be great for a team that is already well drilled, and need that final edge. Seibold hasn't even identified yet that we're a fucking rabble and need to look at the basics just to start being competitive.

Disappointing, but still just a trial. We have a week to correct some deficiencies, but the main failing came from player who integral to our team.
Boyd's night was not a happy one, neither was Haas or fiffita really.
I don't blame Isaako in any way for what happened but it seemed to go south the moment he came on and bird came off.
Hopoate was hitting hard but apart from that, none of our fringe forwards looked great.
Carrigan was a standout in a beaten side and seemed to try and drag that team into the contest almost single handed.
God help us if croft gets injured. We have no direction coming from anyone else. I wanted to see milf step up but it didn't really happen. Deaden is a dangerous runner but it is early days for him.
Overall what was most disappointing was we out enthused by the titans. 16-0 up we more or less thought "job done" and that lead to similar habits in games further into the season.
You train like you intend to play, and a trial is simply an extension to that.

Definitely some positives to take away from that but we really do need to fix our defense. It's depressing how bad it gets. Can we get the Axe back as an assistant or something?

Cannot wait to BOO Darius each time his name gets called out before the game and every time he touches the ball.

I mean look guys, it is just a trial. Lets try NOT to write of our entire season based on 1 night in Redcliffe.

We've lost every trial and got embarrassed in the Nines (being one of the few teams who took it seriously too)

Darius is around this year purely to take the piss.
No doubt he will play his 15 games this year to trigger next years contract.

We've lost every trial and got embarrassed in the Nines (being one of the few teams who took it seriously too)

I've changed my R1 tip to the Cows. That's how bad we've been.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm doing 7:00 - 5:30 at work every day, and then out late every night with the kid's sports. I don't have time to invest my emotions in to the Broncos this year.
Ditto for myself

I could handle the loss against the Cowboys, the effort was there, both sides showed upto play and the conditions made it a tight affair, your not going to win every game. Tonight what I saw was the usual trash dished out, 16-0 and we fall back in the old habits with trash defence, poor discipline and ball handling, that frustrates me the most, these are signs that are concerning as to are we really going to show improvement in 2020.

In second half on titans goal line, we drop the ball near the goal line. Instead grounding the ball In goal line Milford kick that ball out. Titans got seven tackle set. I know it’s only trail game what player need to be smarter.

Last edited:
Careful, Foordy might rock up and say you're full of crap

Boyd i'd have to say was the least of our worries tonight. Plenty of poor performances.
[automerge]1582975017[/automerge]
But what if we can optimise our synergy, conduct a deep dive on our resource management, and focus on a more dynamic output structure?

FFS, bullshit like training at 110% game speed, that would probably be great for a team that is already well drilled, and need that final edge. Seibold hasn't even identified yet that we're a fucking rabble and need to look at the basics just to start being competitive.

For somebody who came through a system at Melbourne, you think he would know you need to get the basics right.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • NSW stables
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.