NNN's Cricket Tales

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Cricket season starts up once again tommorow, hooray.

I will update this thread each week with details of how i played because:

a) I think you are all very interested
b) I can tell you all how good i am
c) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ckmFR3kvfk

There is a great potential for this thread to be one of the least interesting on BHQ.

FIrst update:

At this stage, it looks like tommorows match could be a washout. Rained all afternoon here, we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, watch some highlights from the World Series .

Great thread Nong icon_smile

I really look forward to reading what's been happening each weekend. I expect all the details. icon_thumbs_u

Where do you bat and bowl?

Silence said:
Where do you bat and bowl?

I usually open the bowling and bat around 6 or 7. I have no patience, so my innings are either highly successful and entertaining or pure crap.

We have some new hotshot bowlers this season who have joined from other clubs so i don't know if i'll still be opening.

Update Number Two:

As i'm the 'team organiser', I picked up the team kit this arvo and a scoresheet booklet to use for the season. I don't think there are any new balls in the kit so i will have to give the club president a ring tommorow morning to see what the go is. Exciting stuff.

BroncoMatt said:
What grade is it Imran Nong?

Love the name. [icon_lol1.

I only play City & Suburban which is 35 overs each and has about a bazillion different grades.

Our team is in D3. icon_thumbs_u

Not the highest standard going around, but it's a surprisingly decent level of competition.

Congratulations ning, the highest grade.

Fozz said:
Congratulations ning, the highest grade.

[icon_lol1.

Honestly, it's not as bad as it sounds.

You'd be surprised at how good some of the players are e.g. myself. [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Update number three:

Despite the marvellous sunshine today, our ground has been declared unfit for play so alas our match will not go ahead. Look forward to future installments.

Hmmm, the overall feeling I am getting from this thread so far is that there really isn't a lot of cricket being played, and that's just not cricket.

Update number four:

Cricket is on today. Apparently we have 15 registered players in our team, so hopefully not everyone turns up! More to follow.

Update number five:

In my whites. New set of pants this season, Slazenger's they are, nice and comfy. Could be a bit hot when the weather heats up though. Shirt from last season still fits beautifully. Next update will be after the game. Adios mi amigos.

Update number six:

Marvellous start to the season for us. They won the toss and elected to bat, we bowled them out for 87. Yours truly took 4/21, and two of our new players who have joined us from district cricket, took three wickets each.

Batting wise, we weren't on fire, but chased them down easily, losing five wickets in the process. Obviously i didn't bat or i would tell how awesome i was. [icon_wink

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.