NNN's Cricket Tales

Where are all the responses?

Isn't this thread more exciting than the 'Australia Summer of Cricket' thread? :mrgreen:

Golly gosh.

Just had a call from the secretary, apparently two of our players haven't been cleared to play yet. Two who bowled last week and took three wickets a piece! Mamma mia.

Hopefully a couple of other lads can step up and take some wickets today.

Beachy said:
Like yourself maybe [icon_razz1

[icon_lol1.

Turns out those two lads had to sign some papers, so in the end they were allowed to play and neither of them took a bloody wicket!

They were 7/147 after their 35 overs. Our best bowler was my good mate who's bowls off-spin, 5/39 off 10 overs. Delighted for him, bowled brilliantly. I know you're all keen to hear how i went. One wicket, and one run out. The run out was one of those ones where the batsmen hit it back down the pitch and i managed to get a finger on it, ball then hit the stumps and the fella was out. icon_thumbs_u

We chased down their total in 32.4 overs. Our top scorer finished with 45 runs, unluckily run out. I was 4*, coming in to bat at the closing stages to calmly guide us home. :mrgreen:

3 - The Off Spinner
2 - The Bloke who got 45
1 - Imran Nong

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Thats gold Matty...

icon_thumbs_u

BroncoMatt said:
3 - The Off Spinner
2 - The Bloke who got 45
1 - Imran Nong

Haha, I'll pay that. [icon_lol1.

Beachy said:
ningnangnong said:
Our top scorer finished with 45 runs, unluckily run out.

Unluckier than the bloke you ran out? [icon_razz1

Haha, of course not!

Just a terrible mix up between the batsmen.

Really keen for cricket this weekend.

We're playing what is possibly the best team in the comp. Meant to have an extremely strong batting line up and some top notch bowlers.

Can't wait to get out there on Saturday!

Which channel (FTA or Pay-TV) is televising the match? [icon_wink

I'm dead keen. icon_thumbs_u

Really looking forward to your next update mate. This thread's been a great read so far.

Silence said:
Which channel (FTA or Pay-TV) is televising the match? [icon_wink

I'm dead keen. icon_thumbs_u

Really looking forward to your next update mate. This thread's been a great read so far.

Haha, thanks for the sympathy post. [icon_lol1.

The match will be broadcast on Radio Télévision du Burkina.

I'm off to play some cricket mi amigos!

Coxy said:
Match report?

Sorry, sorry, i've been busy trick or treating. Not really.

Ah basically, we lost a match we really should have won. Our batting let us down massively.

We only had ten fielders, which was reduced to nine for a couple of overs after our keeper copped one in the nose. I reckon we did pretty well to bowl them out for 151 off 34.2 overs. Once again, my mate took another five wicket haul! I ended up with only one wicket. [icon_frown Took a catch though!

Lol, we got bowled out for 84. Top scorer had 17. I came in last and hit 4, 0, 1, 1, 4, 6 and then got caught on the boundary. :mrgreen:

I was captain this week as well, so i was very disappointed with our batsmen. Too many of them just threw away their wicket looking to smash everything. The opposition bowlers were average, so half our blokes just went after them and most of them suck at slogging so it didn't work out.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I hate when a team's batsmen make crappy bowlers look decent. It really is dissapointing when you lose games you should have won. What were your batsmen thinking? Seriously. I've had a team who pulled that one on me when I was captain too. Did they want to get to the pub early or something? [icon_wink

Tell us about this catch. Where was it on the field? What was the degree of difficulty? Right or left hand? etc.

You told me the wrong television station mate. :P Sure it was on Radio Télévision du Burkina in NSW, that is absolutely correct, but it was on Salzburg Radfunk in Queensland. Thanks to your understandable mistake, I unfortunately missed the action. [icon_frown

You were very busy with the captaincy and tactical side of the weekend cricket game ahead during the week, so I'll give you leway.

Hopefully the boys can make it up to you next week and have a good look at themselves now. icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.