NEWS No excuses: Milf must dig in and lose weight

2016 he was awful for a large part of it. Absolutely woeful. I believe that coincided with our coach beginning to teach him attack.

Last edited:
2016 he was awful for a large part of it. Absolutely woeful. I believe that coincided with our coach beginning to teach him attack.
think he started off well but then went to shit.

Such a disappointment. Three years ago I thought he was going to be the next JT.

Fwiw an attempt to put weight on him doesn’t mean he needed to turn into a maccas eating coke guzzling fat ****. He could have put on a few kgs off muscle instead?
It's not that easy to just "put on muscle instead". When you're a natural athlete, you will definitely put on SOME fat as you put on muscle, and it takes a long time. Most of these guys (including Milford) have probably been doing weights and training since they were in their teens, so by the time they hit their mid 20's, to put on even 2kg of muscle, can take sometimes a year (depending on their testosterone and GH levels). This is why when you hear about X player put on 7kgs in the off season, it's impossible for that to be all muscle - maybe 1-2kgs if they're lucky, the rest will unfortunately be fat, which is not a bad thing at all.

All of this is 100% determined by diet. This is obviously Milford's problem. He could easily lose 7-10kgs, without losing any muscle, as long as he cleans his diet up, eats enough food, and continues hitting the weight room.

Trainers can do everything right with the weight training, explosive training, cardio etc - they can even give the player a steady and detailed nutrition plan, hell they might even supply the player with the food. But, unless the player themselves puts the right things into their body, they will not get the results - it doesn't matter if you're on every steroid on the planet and lift all the weights; if you don't eat right, you will have a shit physique.

Last edited:
It's not that easy to just "put on muscle instead". When you're a natural athlete, you will definitely put on fat as you put on muscle, and it takes a long time. Most of these guys (including Milford) have probably been doing weights and training since they were in their teens, so by the time they hit their mid 20's, to put on even 2kg of muscle, can take sometimes a year (depending on their testosterone and GH levels),

All of this is 100% determined by diet. This is obviously Milford's problem. He could easily lose 7-10kgs, without losing any muscle, as long as he cleans his diet up, eats enough food, and continues hitting the weight room.

Trainers can do everything right with the weight training, explosive training, cardio etc - they can even give the player a steady and detailed nutrition plan, hell they might even supply the player with the food. But, unless the player themselves puts the right things into their body, they will not get the results - it doesn't matter if you're on every steroid on the planet and lift all the weights; if you don't eat right, you will have a shit physique.
100%
That was what the first part of my post was about. Diet is everything.
Ive dropped 10kg’s in 8 weeks before. I stopped drinking booze and coffee (dairy) and was working out 7-8 times a week. It’s really not that difficult if you want to do it.
I put on about 3kgs of muscle in that time as well fwiw

Last edited:
100%
That was what the first part of my post was about. Diet is everything.
Ive dropped 10kg’s in 8 weeks before. I stopped drinking booze and coffee (dairy) and was working out 7-8 times a week. It’s really not that difficult if you want to do it.
I put on about 3kgs of muscle in that time as well fwiw
That is a lot of weight to lose in a small amount of time (impressive actually!), and not to knock you, but it wouldn't be sustainable long term, and I would imagine you were reasonably calorie restrictive (keeping in mind weight loss is all calories in vs calories out).

A high level NRL athlete would be consuming a lot of calories per day to maintain muscle and performance, but it needs to be the RIGHT type of calories.

I just hope Milford can get that mental toughness he needs, because that pic of him at the 2015 Auckland 9's - he looks ripped and lean and just ready to kill.

That is a lot of weight to lose in a small amount of time (impressive actually!), and not to knock you, but it wouldn't be sustainable long term, and I would imagine you were reasonably calorie restrictive (keeping in mind weight loss is all calories in vs calories out).

A high level NRL athlete would be consuming a lot of calories per day to maintain muscle and performance, but it needs to be the RIGHT type of calories.

I just hope Milford can get that mental toughness he needs, because that pic of him at the 2015 Auckland 9's - he looks ripped and lean and just ready to kill.
Yes not sustainable.

currently 114.

Back then I went from 108 to 98. F45 in the morning and heavy weights in the evening with a meat and veg diet and no rubbish.

Yes not sustainable.

currently 114.

Back then I went from 108 to 98. F45 in the morning and heavy weights in the evening with a meat and veg diet and no rubbish.
Good on you man. Keep it up - consistency is key!

I went from 113 and currently 98.8 this morning (in the space of a year or so). I've put on a bunch of muscle, but I'm also 38, and aside from the 6 weeks of Ostarine at the start of this year, completely natural, so it's not easy!

It's not that easy to just "put on muscle instead". When you're a natural athlete, you will definitely put on SOME fat as you put on muscle, and it takes a long time. Most of these guys (including Milford) have probably been doing weights and training since they were in their teens, so by the time they hit their mid 20's, to put on even 2kg of muscle, can take sometimes a year (depending on their testosterone and GH levels). This is why when you hear about X player put on 7kgs in the off season, it's impossible for that to be all muscle - maybe 1-2kgs if they're lucky, the rest will unfortunately be fat, which is not a bad thing at all.

Seggy might have a few suggestions on how to pack on 7kg in an off-season .

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Slippin Jimmy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.