PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
What should we expect in 2018 ?

Cronk gone from storm
Slater might give it away
J.T back
What are your predictions ?

I dont even know Storm will be different without Cronk and maybe Slater and Cowboys will be even stronger, but i think the teams that will be in the top 8 but not in order will be Broncos, Cowboys, Manly, Dragons, Storm, Sharks and eels. Panthers just getting in there again.

Cowboys the hottest of hot favorites and rightly so.

If the Cowboys somehow win this year, I have a feeling they'll struggle to find the same motivation the next, even if it's Thurston's last season.

1. Cowboys
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Storm
5. Souths
6. Cronulla
7. Parramatta
8. Canberra

As was the case this year, the bottom half of the 8 is completely up in the air, both in terms of which teams will be involved and where they'll finish. Melbourne will miss Cronk and Slater but they still have the quality (and the dogshit tactics) to make it to the top 4 again. I think Souths will benefit from a change of coach but I think even I am giving them a heap of credit initially putting them at 5th. They could just as easily finish 8th or 9th and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. That's how loose the competition really is outside of the top 4.

Parramatta's drop off? I think this year was their chance to make a big dent. So many close finishes flattered them in 2017 and being sent packing in straight sets by the depleted Cows after so much hype surrounding them will cost them mentally. Canberra cannot possibly miss the 8 again with that squad. It is just unfathomable that they could, and if it looks like they will again by mid season, the media will be all over Stuart like a bad rash. He may even be odds on to be the first coach seen off in 2018 if they are struggling by Origin season, closely followed by Merge Mary.

1.Storm
2.Roosters
3.Cowboys
4.Broncos
5.Sea eagles
6.Raiders
7.Eels
8.Warriors
9.Sharks
10.Panthers
11.Dragons
12.Rabbitohs
13.Knights
14.Titans
15.Bulldogs
16.Tigers
I have a few changes I expect to happen. With raiders and warriors squads they can beat any team in the nrl on a good day so they will make it in the top 8.
Sea eagles are building a strong team and will push for a top 4 spot for sure.
I think the Panthers over achieved this year and I can't see them making the 8.
The other movers are the Knights they could finish anywhere from 7 to 16 but definitely won't get the spoon.

1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Storm
4. Raiders
5. Broncos
6. Sea Eagles
7. Sharks
8. Eels

That's my initial guess. I don't see any scenario the Cowboys aren't top of the table next season, unless they suffer major injuries to multiple key players again. Their line-up 1-17 is the best in the comp, by a pretty fair margin.

1. Coote
2. Feldt
3. O'Neill
4. Linnett
5. Winterstein
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. McLean
11. Cooper
12. Lowe
13. Taumalolo

14. Martin
15. Hess
16. Bolton
17. Asiata

1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Storm
4. Raiders
5. Broncos
6. Sea Eagles
7. Sharks
8. Eels

That's my initial guess. I don't see any scenario the Cowboys aren't top of the table next season, unless they suffer major injuries to multiple key players again. Their line-up 1-17 is the best in the comp, by a pretty fair margin.

1. Coote
2. Feldt
3. O'Neill
4. Linnett
5. Winterstein
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Granville
10. McLean
11. Cooper
12. Lowe
13. Taumalolo

14. Martin
15. Hess
16. Bolton
17. Asiata
But they (we [emoji41]) only scraped into the 8 without JT & Thumper & the only real signing is toothpaste, so I think your talking us up a bit.......

Oh hang on, that's right we're in the GF.... nah youse are fucked [emoji16]

But they (we [emoji41]) only scraped into the 8 without JT & Thumper & the only real signing is toothpaste, so I think your talking us up a bit.......

Oh hang on, that's right we're in the GF.... nah youse are fucked [emoji16]

I'm going to assume your a cowgirl supporter and when you vs us your still a one man team you need your no.7 hitting bag for Blair to make it a 1 point ball game or yous are fked.

Knights will be a different side with all the experienced players coming to them but it will take quite alot of game for them to get used to playing with each other.

1. Roosters
2. Broncos
3. Cows (if they get the easy run that I fear they will, then they’ll be first. My prediction here is based on a fair competition)
4. Storm (no Cronk, obviously, but Harris is a big loss)
5. Sharks
6. Eels
7. Sea eagles
8. Canberra

Warriors could go well if they sign Green.

Edit: if Green does leave manly then they will drop out of the 8.

1. Storm
2. Cowboys
3. Eels
4. Roosters
5. Dragons
6. Broncos
7. Rabbitohs
8. Sea Eagles

Last edited:
Cowboys and Roosters are prob the favourites for the top 2. Melbourne will be up there too, they always fucking are. I hope Milford gets his shit together and becomes a top tier player too, and gets us into the top 4 as well.

1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Eels
4. Storm
5. Sea Eagles
6. Raiders
7. Sharks
8. Broncos

Have some faith in our boys ffs.

Hunt, Blair, Eseese, Moga and Arrow leaving. Just think it is unknown how we will go. Blair and Hunt are big losses. Hoping we go better than 8th obviously - and we possibly may. But I think the chances of some other teams are more certain.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.