NRL 2019 Squads

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Not that I recall. I presume he was making more than a bench utility would given he was supposed to be the Dragons fullback until his horrific performance against Cronulla in 2016.

Maybe I'm giving Newcastle too much credit, but I don't think they'd be crazy enough to spend so much money on a player that they'd have to justify his pay-packet and play him in a key position. I presume Brown just saw something in Mann's game, is desperate for a dummy half and is prepared to roll the dice on him.

It really speaks volumes of Segeyaro's character that he simply wasn't approached.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Not that I recall. I presume he was making more than a bench utility would given he was supposed to be the Dragons fullback until his horrific performance against Cronulla in 2016.

Maybe I'm giving Newcastle too much credit, but I don't think they'd be crazy enough to spend so much money on a player that they'd have to justify his pay-packet and play him in a key position. I presume Brown just saw something in Mann's game, is desperate for a dummy half and is prepared to roll the dice on him.

It really speaks volumes of Segeyaro's character that he simply wasn't approached.
IIRC it was a commentator during a Dragons game that said Mann had signed for $500k a season and wasn't living up to the expectations. He was another Storm "next big thing" that fizzled out, or, more accurately, never was.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Mann had a big reputation coming through the grades. Kurt was actually with the Knights to start off with, before Melbourne poached him after his first year of 20s football.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep

Segeyaros best friends with Corey Norman. Enough said on his character

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter