NRL 2019 Squads

Raiders have lost Ata Hingano for 8 months.

He will undergo surgery to repair the dislocated shoulder he suffered against Australia.

Does anyone else think Ivan Cleary is an absolute cat? The whole "Get on the bus or leave" mentality he had at the tigers, and then he leaves to coach his son at the team that sacked him only a few years ago? I mean, it's pretty bloody weird. How anyone could have any respect for him now is beyond me.

Does anyone else think Ivan Cleary is an absolute cat? The whole "Get on the bus or leave" mentality he had at the tigers, and then he leaves to coach his son at the team that sacked him only a few years ago? I mean, it's pretty bloody weird. How anyone could have any respect for him now is beyond me.

Yes.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/31/sea-eagles-squad-for-2019/

Top 29 squad

Daly Cherry-Evans
Cade Cust
Kane Elgey
Brendan Elliot
Manase Fainu
Addin Fonua-Blake
Tevita Funa
Reuben Garrick
Jack Gosiewski
Trent Hodkinson
Albert Hopoate
Brian Kelly
Semisi Kioa
Api Koroisau
Brad Parker
Taniela Paseka
Lloyd Perrett
Toafofoa Sipley
Curtis Sironen
Moses Suli
Kelepi Tanginoa
Jorge Taufua
Martin Taupau
Joel Thompson
Jake Trbojevic
Tom Trbojevic
Corey Waddell
Dylan Walker
Frank Winterstein

Development players

Jade Anderson
Lachlan Croker
Sean Keppie
Luke Metcalf
Haumole Olakau'atu

How many kids does John have? What a talented family. It's a shame Jamil struggled so much off the field, he's an NRL calibre player paying the price for his misdeeds, I thought he played a key role in the Dolphins run to the title.

Like Will, Albert has massive raps on him and I wouldn't be surprised if Des pulls the trigger early on him.

Semisi Kioa is a player I'd like to look more into and I'm surprised that Croker was demoted to the development squad. I thought once you played first grade you had to be an NRL squad player? I guess it's more of a salary deal and if a player is willing to play for less and isn't expected to be a fixture in first grade they can sign on a development deal.

I'm keen to see more of Luke Metcalf. The raps on him are big and while he didn't have the best 2018, a season with Blacktown in the NSW Cup might see his game develop further.

Cronulla Sharks

Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga, Blayke Brailey, Jayden Brailey, Jayson Bukuya, Kurt Capewell, Josh Carr, Josh Dugan, Sosaia Feki, Andrew Fifita, Kyle Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Wade Graham, Aaron Gray, Valentine Holmes, Sione Katoa, William Kennedy, Isaac Lumelume, Billy Magoulias, Josh Morris, Matt Moylan, Briton Nikora, Joseph Paulo, Matt Prior, Toby Rudolf, James Segeyaro, Hame Sele, Ava Seumanufagai, Scott Sorensen, Cruz Topai-Aveai, Chad Townsend, Braden Uele, Daniel Vasquez, Jack Williams (Halfback), Jack Williams (Backrow), Aaron Woods.

Unless Cronulla have released a few of those players without telling anybody, they've got the most complete pre-season roster to date with 35 players. With Bronson Xerri a likely candidate for their top squad I doubt we'll see any surprises in the coming hours. Or on November 26th when they officially begin their pre-season.

I've got to give Flanagan some credit. When you look at teams like South Sydney or North Queensland, there seems to be this infatuation with their premiership winning side that ultimately turns sour. This hasn't been the case at the Shire with a lot of the stars being moved on for other stars looking for an opportunity. Players like Matt Moylan & Aaron Woods relished the opportunity to come to Cronulla and they hold the key for the Sharks future success. The same sentiment can certainly be extended to Dugan, but to say his first season at the Shire was unhappy would be generous. Josh barely made it onto the paddock, but he's the raw-boned player they seem to like down south.

I expect to see the transition to continue in full swing. A lot of those players like Blayke Brailey, Sione Katoa, Kyle Flanagan, Briton Nikora, Toby Rudolf, Hame Sele etc. have served their time in reserve grade and are ready for the next level. How it all pans out remains to be seen, but the best clubs always have that production line of talent and it's been a real underrated feature of Flanagan's time at the club. Players like Prior, Capewell and Sorensen became much better players under his tutelage and whenever there seems to be an injury, they always have somebody who can come in and do the job.

Flanagan and co. have done a good job managing the roster and there's little reason to think they won't be up there again. Unless this salary cap drama derails them, I expect to see them in September in some capacity.

How many kids does John have? What a talented family. It's a shame Jamil struggled so much off the field, he's an NRL calibre player paying the price for his misdeeds, I thought he played a key role in the Dolphins run to the title.

Like Will, Albert has massive raps on him and I wouldn't be surprised if Des pulls the trigger early on him.

Semisi Kioa is a player I'd like to look more into and I'm surprised that Croker was demoted to the development squad. I thought once you played first grade you had to be an NRL squad player? I guess it's more of a salary deal and if a player is willing to play for less and isn't expected to be a fixture in first grade they can sign on a development deal.

I'm keen to see more of Luke Metcalf. The raps on him are big and while he didn't have the best 2018, a season with Blacktown in the NSW Cup might see his game develop further.

11- he had a girl earlier this year.

Gold Coast Titans

Jai Arrow, Jesse Arthars, Shannon Boyd, Morgan Boyle, AJ Brimson, Bryce Cartwright, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Moeaki Fotuaika, Michael Gordon, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryley Jacks, Ryan James, Max King, Leilani Latu, Brenko Lee, Will Matthews, Tyrone Peachey, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Mitch Rein, Tyrone Roberts, Phillip Sami, Jack Stockwell, Ash Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Jai Whitbread.

They're building nicely, the Gold Coast Titans. The emergence of AJ Brimson, Phillip Sami and Moeaki Fotuaika was the biggest positive of their 2018 campaign and fortunately for them they haven't lost anyone of importance.

I'm skeptical of the signings of Boyd and Peachey. Boyd is a very similar player to Wallace in that he can bend the line but he struggles in defence. The Gold Coast have a bevy of quality young front row forwards coming through so it remains to be seen why Brennan was so desperate to sign Boyd.

Meanwhile, I don't even think Peachey knows what his best position is. The Gold Coast will be hoping it's on the left edge because they were terribly weak in that position last season and desperately need somebody to fill the void.

Ordinarily with roster like this I'd be placing a heavy emphasis on finishing in the Top 8. However, the Gold Coast Titans have finished the past 5 seasons 14th, 14th, 8th, 15th and 14th. If they can set themselves a realistic goal of improving and building towards 2020 they will be on track for sustainable success and potentially a premiership in the next decade.

It needs to be a year of small victories. Instead of worrying about the scoreboard, focus more on players like Ash Taylor making less missed-tackles and more line-break assists. Focus on the team's discipline and giving away less penalties. Come up with better options etc.

With 2018 it was about finding the right side moving forward. 2019 has to be about building that side, even if it comes at the expense of making the 8.

As an aside, the storyline I'm most interested in is Bryce Cartwright. It would be easy to lay the boot into Bryce, but his head isn't in football at the moment. If he sorts out whatever is plaguing him, works on his defence, the Gold Coast Titans will have one of the best bench forwards in the game and a potential captain down the line.

Last edited:
It doesn't appear we're going to get all the official line-ups, so I've gone ahead and updated the original OP. Here's what everything looks like right now:

Brisbane Broncos
Jack Bird, Darius Boyd, Patrick Carrigan, George Fai, David Fifita, Matt Gillett, Alex Glenn, Payne Haas, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Matt Lodge, Patrick Mago, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima, Corey Oates, Joe Ofahengaue, Sean O'Sullivan, Tevita Pangai Jr, James Roberts, Andre Savelio, Gehamat Shibasaki, Kotoni Staggs, Jaydn Su'A, Jake Turpin

Canberra Raiders
Brad Abbey, Luke Bateman, John Bateman, Nick Cotric, Jarrod Croker, Emre Guler, Setefano Hala, Siliva Havili, Ata Hingano, Josh Hodgson, Corey Horsburgh, Royce Hunt, Liam Knight, Sebastian Kris, Joseph Leilua, Dunamis Lui, Makahesi Makatoa, Jack Murchie, Michael Oldfield, Josh Papalii, Jordan Rapana, Paul Roache, Aidan Sezer, Iosia Soliola, Ryan Sutton, Joseph Tapine, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, Sam Williams

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Fa'amanu Brown, Jack Cogger, Christian Crichton, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Danny Fualalo, Corey Harawira-Naera, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, David Klemmer, Lachlan Lewis, Michael Lichaa, Jeremy Marshall-King, Rhys Martin, Nick Meaney, Marcelo Montoya, Ofahiki Ogden, John Olive, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Sauso Sue, Aiden Tolman, Renouf Toomaga, Francis Tualau

Cronulla Sharks
Bessie Aufaga-Toomaga, Blayke Brailey, Jayden Brailey, Jayson Bukuya, Kurt Capewell, Josh Carr, Josh Dugan, Sosaia Feki, Andrew Fifita, Kyle Flanagan, Paul Gallen, Wade Graham, Aaron Gray, Valentine Holmes, Sione Katoa, William Kennedy, Isaac Lumelume, Billy Magoulias, Josh Morris, Matt Moylan, Briton Nikora, Joseph Paulo, Matt Prior, Toby Rudolf, James Segeyaro, Hame Sele, Ava Seumanufagai, Scott Sorensen, Cruz Topai-Aveai, Chad Townsend, Braden Uele, Daniel Vasquez, Jack Williams (Backrow), Jack Williams (Halfback), Aaron Woods.

Gold Coast Titans
Jai Arrow, Jesse Arthars, Shannon Boyd, Morgan Boyle, AJ Brimson, Bryce Cartwright, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Moeaki Fotuaika, Michael Gordon, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryley Jacks, Ryan James, Max King, Leilani Latu, Brenko Lee, Will Matthews, Tyrone Peachey, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Mitch Rein, Tyrone Roberts, Phillip Sami, Jack Stockwell, Ashley Taylor, Jarrod Wallace, Jai Whitbread

Manly Sea Eagles
Daly Cherry-Evans, Cade Cust, Kane Elgey, Brendan Elliott, Manase Fainu, Addin Fonua-Blake, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Trent Hodkinson, Albert Hopoate, Brian Kelly, Semisi Kioa, Apisai Koroisau, Brad Parker, Taniela Paseka, Lloyd Perrett, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Kelepi Tanginoa, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Joel Thompson, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Corey Waddell, Dylan Walker, Frank Winterstein.

Development Players
Jade Anderson, Lachlan Croker, Sean Keppie, Luke Metcalf, Haumole Olakau'atu

Melbourne Storm
Josh Addo-Carr, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Cheyse Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Will Chambers, Brodie Croft, Scott Drinkwater, Sandor Earl, Tom Eisenhuth, Tino Faasuamaleaui, Dale Finucane, Harry Grant, Jahrome Hughes, Cooper Johns, Tui Kamikamica, Sam Kasiano, Felise Kaufusi, Patrick Kaufusi, Kayleb Milne, Cameron Munster, Justin Olam, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Junior Ratuva, Curtis Scott, Marion Seve, Brandon Smith, Cameron Smith, Joe Stimson, Albert Vete, Suliasi Vunivalu, Billy Walters, Christian Welch.

Newcastle Knights

Mitchell Barnett, Jamie Buhrer, Cory Denniss, Herman Ese'ese, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Tim Glasby, Slade Griffin, Aidan Guerra, Brodie Jones, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Josh King, Edrick Lee, Danny Levi, Mason Lino, Sione Mata'utia, Tautau Moga, Mitchell Pearce, Kalyn Ponga, Jesse Ramien, Nathan Ross, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Sam Stone, Connor Watson

North Queensland Cowboys
Carlin Anderson, John Asiata, Kurt Baptiste, Ben Barba, Scott Bolton, Javid Bowen, Jake Clifford, Gavin Cooper, Mitchell Dunn, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville, Ben Hampton, Coen Hess, Corey Jensen, Ethan Lowe, Nene MacDonald, Te Maire Martin, Jordan McLean, Francs Molo, Michael Morgan, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Justin O'Neil, Tom Opacic, Emry Pere, Dan Russell, Matthew Scott, Murray Taulagi, Jason Taumalolo, Enari Tuala, Shane Wright

Development Players
Logan Bayliss-Brow, Reuben Cotter, Tom Gilbert, Kurt Wiltshire

Parramatta Eels
Daniel Alvaro, Dane Aukafolau, Nathan Brown, Andrew Davey, Kane Evans, Blake Ferguson, Bevan French, David Gower, Clinton Gutherson, Jarryd Hayne, Josh Hoffman, George Jennings, Michael Jennings, Oregon Kaufusi, Shaun Lane, Greg Leleisiuao, Reed Mahoney, Tim Mannah, Manu Ma'u, Tepai Moeroa, Mitchell Moses, Marata Niukore, Corey Norman, Joseph Paulo, Kaysa Pritchard, Jaeman Salmon, Maika Sivo, Will Smith, Ray Stone, Brad Takairangi, Peni Terepo, Siosaia Vave

Penrith Panthers
Caleb Aekins, Waqa Blake, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Nathan Cleary, Dylan Edwards, Wayde Egan, Kaide Ellis, James Fisher-Harris, Tyrell Fuimaono, Tim Grant, Jack Hetherington, Sione Katoa, Viliame Kikau, Moses Leota, Jarome Luai, Nick Lui-Toso, James Maloney, Josh Mansour, Liam Martin, Tyrone May, Brayden McGrady, Sam McKendry, Trent Merrin, Tyrone Phillips, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Whare, Isaah Yeo

St. George Illawarra Dragons
Euan Aitken, Mitchell Allgood, Jack de Belin, Matt Dufty, Jai Field, Jackson Ford, Tyson Frizell, James Graham, Jacob Host, Ben Hunt, Josh Kerr, Tim Lafai, Jeremy Latimore, Blake Lawrie, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Joe Lovodua, Kurt Mann, Steven Marsters, Cameron McInnes, Darren Nicholls, Jonus Pearson, Jordan Pereira, Mikaele Ravalawa, Reece Robson, Tristan Sailor, Korbin Sims, Tariq Sims, Paul Vaughan, Gareth Widdop

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Corey Allan, Dean Britt, Billy Brittain, George Burgess, Sam Burgess, Thomas Burgess, Braidon Burns, Damien Cook, Kurt Dillon, Adam Doueihi, Dane Gagai, Campbell Graham, Mawene Hiroti, Greg Inglis, Robert Jennings, Jack Johns, Alex Johnston, Sam Johnstone, Rhys Kennedy, Matt McIlwrick, Cameron Murray, Zane Musgrove, Mark Nicholls, Adam Reynolds, Bayley Sironen, John Sutton, Tevita Tatola, Connor Tracey, Kyle Turner, Cody Walker.

Sydney Roosters
Mitchell Aubusson, Nat Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Cooper Cronk, Josh Curran, Poasa Faamausili, Jake Friend, Brock Gray, Ryan Hall, Matt Ikuvalu, Luke Keary, Lachlan Lam, Brock Lamb, Bernard Lewis, Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell, Brett Morris, Dylan Napa, Reuben Porter, Victor Radley, Billy Smith, Siusiua Taukeiaho, James Tedesco, Zane Tetevano, Daniel Tupou, Sitili Tupouniua, Jared Warea-Hargreaves.

Warriors
Bunty Afoa, Blake Ayshford, Gerard Beale, James Bell, Adam Blair, Sam Cook, David Fusitu'a, James Gavet, Blake Green, Tohu Harris, Chanel Harris-Tavita, peta Hiku, Shaun Johnson, Solomone Kata, Karl Lawton, Sam Lisone, Issac Luke, Ken Maumalo, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Agnatius Paasi, Isaiah Papali'i, Hayze Perham, Leivaha Pulu, Nathaniel Roache, Ligi Sao, Tevita Satae, Lewis Soosemea, Jazz Tevaga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, King Vuniyayawa

Wests Tigers
Josh Aloiai, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Oliver Clark, Matt Eisenhuth, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Luke Garner, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Esan Marsters, Ryan Matterson, Ben Matulino, Moses Mbye, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Thomas Mikaele, Paul Momirovski, David Nofoaluma, Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Robbie Rochow, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor, Corey Thompson, Alex Twal.

Development Players

Kane Bradley, Jock Madden, Alex Seyfarth, Tommy Talau.

Last edited:
Canberra Raiders
Brad Abbey, John Bateman, Luke Bateman, Nick Cotric, Jarrod Croker, Emre Guler, Siliva Havili, Ata Hingano, Josh Hodgson, Corey Horsburgh, Royce Hunt, Liam Knight, Sebastian Kris, Joseph Leilua, Dunamis Lui, Jack Murchie, Michael Oldfield, Josh Papalii, Jordan Rapana, Aidan Sezer, Iosia Soliola, Ryan Sutton, Joseph Tapine, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, Sam Williams, Hudson Young.

Development Players
Andre Niko, Brendan O'Hagan, Kyle Paterson, Paul Roache

Train & Trial Players
Lachlan Cooper, Dan Kier, Matt Lyons, Makahesi Makatoa, Reuben Porter, Tony Saitini

No Setefano Hala and they've offered former Sydney Rooster backrow Reuben Porter a shot at signing a deal.

Cooper (Backrow), Kier (Prop) and Lyons (Centre) are from the Raiders Jersey Flegg side. Makatoa (Prop) and Saitini (Centre) are from the Mounties.

5d3fa81e34d248d798109996d42c4287

Latrell's brother makes the Roosters top 30. What a unit

Jordan Rapana will be out for 6 months. The Raiders suffer another blow.

He will have surgery done on a dislocated shoulder suffered against England and isn't expected to return until the Origin period.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.