NRL 2022 Finals Week 2 Discussion

@Morkel subscribed

Welcome.

The Conspiracy Train choofs along.

The next station is an interesting one, in that it doesn't matter who wins, it's how they win. My earlier prediction was that one side would be reffed out of the game and the winning team will get it handed to them so easily that they will be blindsided next week. The other alternative is that it becomes a vicious game like the Rabbitohs Roosters game where there are enough suspensions to cripple whoever wins, but generating that atmosphere is potentially out of reach of the bunker. Unless someone tips off Lattrell and says he has a license to dish out cheap shots...

Where do I find the brief version of this conspiracy theory? @Morkel

If it ends with an Eels V Penriff GF then hand me the coal shovel

CHOO CHOO
Parra usually have one big win during the finals then the following week are a totally different team. Maybe this year will be different?

Parra usually have one big win during the finals then the following week are a totally different team. Maybe this year will be different?
yeah - we usually lose to Melbourne every year. TF they are gone

Eels were too good for the Raiders. Hopefully Klein doesn't get the Cows V Eels game. The games he does often have glacial play the ball speed.

Eels were too good for the Raiders. Hopefully Klein doesn't get the Cows V Eels game. The games he does often have glacial play the ball speed.
He had tonights game. Thought it was quick as.

Is the conspiracy that the raiders defence was fucking awful?

Cows-Parra prelim shaping up to be a lot closer than the other one.

He had tonights game. Thought it was quick as.
It was for the Eels not so much for the Raiders. Eels were too good but Klein more often than not favours one team over another. For mine he has too much impact on the outcome of games and the part that really shits me is how once a team is down and out he starts squaring up the 6 again and penalties so they don't look so lopsided at the end of the game. I'm hoping anyone but Klein gets the GF.

I reckon Souths are going to take care of Cronulla tonight, just the experience in big games might be the difference

What Parramatta did well was identify how susceptible the Raiders are to a shift. Their inside defenders can be extremely lazy which gives the halves the opportunity to draw in defenders and give their outside backs plenty of space to work with.

If you look at the try to Penisini, look at all the mistakes that are made in defence. First off Horsburgh shifts to the wrong side of the play the ball forcing the players to defend tighter than they should have. Tapine on play one doesn't push or slide hard enough to free his defenders. Then finally Rapana puts himself in no-man's land instead of coming in with Kris who had slid off Papali'i and was on Gutho creating the 2-1.

They make a similar error on the Blake try. The A defenders too slow to push up giving Brown a mile of time to put Moses on the outside shoulder of Papali'i and draw the defence to him opening it up for Blake.

To me it suggests they watched the Melbourne game and saw just how easily the Storm created the numbers for Coates to open the Storm's account. Papalii far too slow at A, while Hudson Young over-ran him creating a space on the inside which meant Young had to park himself to assist Papalii. This causes Wighton to jam in on Bromwich instead of going after Hughes who he should have been on like a rash. Storm with the numbers go right and Coates had enough room. All that because of the defence not being in sync and creating the opportunity for the opposition and Melbourne were good enough to recognise it.

If there is one concern for the Eels, it'd be how easily Rapana pulled off a similar play. Blake went up and in on Hudson Young when he didn't have to leaving his wing well and truly exposed. He was fortunate that Gutherson came across but against the Cowboys and the way they use their edges, he's going to become a target for sure.

I'm not feeling too confident with my South Sydney tip. I've backed them for the same reasons I backed Canberra with the bigger name players leading the way against a Sharks team that just came off a 93 minute match.

Sharks go forward is struggling at the moment.

Talakai is a huge part of their get out sets and he's been replaced by Tracy and Miller... they've struggled a bit so far and will need to find those meters from somewhere

Refs holding the sharks back about 13 metres.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • The True King
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.